Union Member Beaglers

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mike crabtree

Union Member Beaglers

Post by mike crabtree »

I am a member of UAW local 2069 Dublin VA. I paint Mack and Volvo trucks. my Union came to the plant in 1979 tworkers were making $ 5.00 per hour with poor insurance. Thanks to MY union I make $21 per hour with great benefits.
I am proud to be a union member.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

brian mcf

Post by brian mcf »

hi mike,proud to stand by you or sometime hunt with you.unions now a days are very hard to get into now a days.i would hope alot of other people would would be able get the chance get into one.brian mcfaul pipefitters local 120 cleveland ohio. i thank god for the unions.

spado

Post by spado »

Amen, and preach it brothers! I belong to local 581 Glaziers out of Rock Island, Ill. With out the union I would be working for pennys on the dollar. I used to work my trade non union, but as soon as I joined I got a 6 dollar an hour raise, and like you said "great benifits". I even have more time to run dogs if I need it.

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

The coal miners around here wouldnt make anything without labor Unions. that goes for Union and non-union. the labor Unions have helped to gain overtime and child labor laws for everyone, not just members.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

Cannon Hollow Hounds

Post by Cannon Hollow Hounds »

AFSCME local 2101 since 1973. Started out at $2.80 an hour, always had money in my pocket. Make nearly 10 times that now and it seems like money is tighter..lol.. 3 more years and I'll be out to pasture (early) making more than I am working, and paid health care till I croak. Spouse too. So I guess I would have to say the union has been benificial to me. However, in the last 15 - 20 years, it seems we don't get as much for our money (dues) as we used to. Raises have dwindled, percentage wise, while the cost of living keeps skyrocketing.And instead of gaining benefits each contract, it seems we're always giving something back. They'll tell us " We're getting you a raise" but we had to give up such and such. So actually, we end up breaking even or losing a little at a time. I'm not saying this to ruffle any feathers, and I hate to see it, but I'm afraid unions are on thier way out. Of course I belong to a union that has many, many thousands of members and lots of big wigs with cushy jobs and expence accounts, cars, and 6 figure incomes. I must say at times it's hard to tell which side they are all playing for....... CHH

CPC

Post by CPC »

Teamsters local 89, thank God for unions. also thank democrats
CPC

WrongsideRandy

Post by WrongsideRandy »

Wonder if GM will remain union once Toyota buys them out? I bet the UAW is sweating bullets.......

I try buying everything made in America.....although its getting harder to do everyday. It may cost a little more to buy American made products....but its worth it, and as Tri Tronics says "It's just the right thing to do".......

Spruce Ridge Beagler

Post by Spruce Ridge Beagler »

UAW Local 1485, Grand Rapids MI. I weld conveyors for the old Rapistan,
now called Seimens Dematic, from Germany. We signed a 5 year contract with no concessions the only problem is that they keep eliminating and subcontracting our jobs to their other plants . Without the local there would be no contract and our jobs would have been gone! Yes Mike I AM PROUD TO BE A UNION BROTHER !

Roy Pasmore

Post by Roy Pasmore »

I wasA member of IBEW local 1466 on AEP property when I retired. Started at 2.69 an hour.in 1968 retired making 52.000.00 A year with benifits. Would never have been any thing other then A unskilled flunky if I had not gotten in to A shop with A Union. I now have been retired for 12 years and can run my dogs any time I want. have A life style about the same as it was when I was working. I say GOD BLESS OUR UNIONS with out them we would still be warking from daylight to dark with know benefits. retireing on state asistance ETC.
The view is all ways the same from behind.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

IBEW 1395
"We'll keep the lights on for ya', but I'm tak'in Christmas off this year, so your on your own with the "partimers"(what we call our relief workers...lol)

klrconcrete

Post by klrconcrete »

I am A member of Laborers Local 1191 out of Detroit MI I have worked concrete and masonry construction for close to half my life and done the same job union and non-union the dollar per hour was honestly close but--no bennies on the non-union end. Union yes!

Wayne Brierley

Post by Wayne Brierley »

SMWIA Local 269 Kingston, Ontario
I've been a Union member for over 33 years.

BrewerMo

Post by BrewerMo »

U.A. Local 562 Plumbers & Pipefitters here. And Girlfriend is I.B.E.W. Local 1. Both out of St.Louis Missouri.

Emery

Post by Emery »

CWA in Ann Arbor when I worked for the phone company. Do they have a union for Stay At Home Dads? :) My pay really sucks, but the benefits are great.

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

Red Briar Kennels

Post by Red Briar Kennels »

I.A.F.F. Local #1386 Ashland Fire Dept.
Firefighter/ paramedic for the City of Ashland, Ohio
member 6 yrs.........wouldn't have any other full-time job.
Red Briar Kennels