World Ch. Gray Valley Talkabout Jasper

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

hubertsoutlaw

Post by hubertsoutlaw »

Wow! I did not mean to cause such a controversy. I'm very sorry if any of you was miss lead by what I said about Jasper. I think he will be the next Turbo Powered By Prop. I might be wrong. I will not bad mouth anyone on here because we are just giving what we may have been told or our own side to what we think. I'm sure all of you got your faviorte dogs out there. Mine is Jasper! Thank you all and God bless Everyone of you! P.S. I don't Lie about dogs. I have better things to do. Go JASPER!

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Dawgy,
I had to laugh when I read this statement you made on another thread, on this board about the hound with the tight mouth.
Dawgy says..."I will call, I've got a story about Jareds Radar dog too. It came straight from Cliff. You'll die laughing. Another one of those 2 hour GRCH. Bob"
This makes my point exactly about people spreading "truth" or "rumors". :roll: Whether the story is positive or negative it stills looks like a bunch of gossip from a bunch of little old ladies (no offense to little old laddies...lol) :lol: and is the kind of stuff that should be shrugged off in my opinion. More talk about still other peoples hounds, from the same guy. Looks like a pattern...huh! I'm afraid I have to put more credence in what people like Paul or Matt might tell me about hounds because I know they run them everyday (like I try to do) and when their hounds noses are raw and bleeding it was them that caused it and was they were there to see it, rather than sending them off to somebody else to run for them. I would honestly like to here a little more about "your" hounds, perhaps you can fill us in on what they are like.
Peace,
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

hubertsoutlaw

Post by hubertsoutlaw »

To Jim P. I think you did a great job on trainning Jasper. He is as solid as they come. He is fast, has heart, stamina, great conformation,mouth is good, and hunts great. I have seen pups out of him and they are solid too. Thank you Don for the cross and thank you Jim For the dog he has become. He Is GREAT! People will always talk bad about Great dogs. They are just jealous! Go JASPER!

dawgydawg67

Post by dawgydawg67 »

Hillbilly
Have you got some facination with me? Before you start your s$%^ since again you know nothing. Jared is a running buddy of ours who we constantly make fun of. If you knew me you would know what line I run. Keep looking around you can find more info. But be careful...the sharks are lurking. Dawgy
Unless your the lead dog the view never changes

Blu Tick Beagler

Post by Blu Tick Beagler »

If you want a real nice stud out of this same cross call Mike Maynard. He owns Talkabout Code Blue. I've seen Blue and Jasper run a couple times each(not together). I even got to watch the final the day Dawgy/Bob judge him in Jamestown... My money is on Blue in a run off, but both are nice hounds..
B.T.A.K Kennels
Paul and Bobbie Prevot

rnbrunton

Post by rnbrunton »

To NYH,I wasn't meaning to get you into any ahole crap over on the other board. :oops: I just thought from seeing the helpful and good humored post from you in the past you were the guy who would give a honest balanced opinion on Rocket.I believe I was correct .RNB
Red AKC Gundogs Just one more chase.RNB Eastview Tomahawk Chief 1996-2006

New York Hillbilly

Dawgy,
Rest easy, I have no facination with you and would not have even wasted my time or effort, had you not launched into a personal attack on a friend of mine. You see Dawgy, I take personal offence when someone starts slamming one of my friends and stirs up others to jump in making slanderous remarks, such as those that have been stated. Here is a man that has no computer and therefore no way to defend himself, which leaves me to do what I would for any family member or friend , which is to stand up. I guess it is not in my nature to "make fun" of my friends and I can't stand mean people or bullies. Having said that, you do not have to worry about me addressing you further, I feel you have made my point better than I ever could, so further discussion is not required. As far as me asking about the line of dogs you run it was "sarcasm" if you didn't catch it, and your comment about sharks I guess went over my head, so I guess you got me there. I would encourage you to call Paul if you have any other worth while comments about him or his hounds and would be happy to provide his number if you choose to do so. You and I have nothing further to say to each other, so I say go in peace.
Respectfuly,
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

New York Hillbilly

rnbrunton,
Thats all I tried to do was to give you the honest info as best as I could. I think you can see that I was pretty open about my hounds and did not try to pass them off as perfect by any stretch of the imagination. I hope all is going well with you and the pups. Do not worry about getting me into anything, but I simply cannot sit back and watch people attack someone who has been a good friend to me. I am moving on at this point and I hope the others will find the sense to do the same. Thanks for your concern though and if you ever get an itching to come up this way to run let me know, I would love to see how your pups turn out.
Peace,
NYH

TOPGUN

re.

Post by TOPGUN »

I`m glad that I read all of this. I judged Jasper the year he won the World his second series out. He and the rest of the cast nearly killed me. In that cast there was another Turbo dog, and together they could crank.
I was under the same impression that the other fellow was about the AKC win. I just assumed he really had one. A derby win is not even close to being the same as a liscenced. NOT that it matters. But I am glad to finally know the truth.?!@#

matts

Post by matts »

to dawgy,,
paul wanted me to tell you to call him and let him know what the problem is,,whether its just gettin beatby hidogs or the fact that you are still suffering from your buddy taking your wife out(just what he wanted me to say,,he said you would know about that)he told me to tell everybody how crooked of a judge you were too,,call him up and talk to him not behind a keyboard,,513-423-4578,,, :D

bluepup13

Post by bluepup13 »

:shock: I don't know any of you guys, so please tell me your all joking around with each other!! I don't like to stick my nose in things I know nothing about. I just like reading everyones posts, but after reading the last post concerns me :!: . Getting a little personal isn't it?

Ky Scott

Post by Ky Scott »

I'm with bluepup13. Things are getting a little personal. This should be put to rest!!! I've been watching this post since it started. I've heard a lot of good things about Jasper ans some bad. I was looking forward to getting a pup out of him but now I could care less. I even have my name in the pot for one but I think I'll just pass. As far as bringing somebodys wife into it that's just plain wrong. I don't care what kind a fella the other guy is thats pretty sad!!

WrongsideRandy

Post by WrongsideRandy »

matts wrote:to dawgy,,
paul wanted me to tell you to call him and let him know what the problem is,,whether its just gettin beatby hidogs or the fact that you are still suffering from your buddy taking your wife out(just what he wanted me to say,,he said you would know about that)he told me to tell everybody how crooked of a judge you were too,,call him up and talk to him not behind a keyboard,,513-423-4578,,, :D
BAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAAAA

I love it! Now this is some good gossip!

Paul has nads the size of watermelons........I got to respect a man with his attitude. I talked with him a couple of times on the phone and man is he to the point, very forward and when you hang up you know just where everything stands......no beating around the bush :lol:

Dawgy.......Is that "other" guy still your buddy? lmao

dogrunnerone

Post by dogrunnerone »

Bluepup13- Yes it is a sad day when it comes to this kind of stuff on here.

Matts- Pretty low blow and childish in my opinion, Paul is a big boy, and has never had a problem speaking his peice before and I don't see the need for you to have to stand up for him now, friend or not. As my dad always said, "IF you make your bed, you have to sleep in it."

I don't know Dawgy, at least not by that name, I might know who Bob is but I may not too, but what he has stated about certain dogs and people is well known by most that have ever traveled to trials in or around the Trenton Ohio area. Paul Webb is one of the most kennel blind people I have ever been around. He slams everyone else's dogs and the judges that bring the others back over his. I know, because I have had face to face dealings with the man before. He was banned for a reason! Most every Rising Sun dog I have seen are beautiful, well made, hard hunting, red dogs with loose mouths, and I have seen and judged several.

As far as Jasper, I am sure he is a nice hound or he wouldn't have made it to the finals of the world that year, but I can tell you for sure he has had bad outings just like other dogs. Myself and Gabe Stockton judged the final cast of Opens the year he won it. It was Jasper, the Speedy Canon dog of Jeff Kissinger's and another little female that I can't think of her name right now. I think it was just a three dog cast and during that hour I wouldn't have given you a dollar for any of them. It was a shame to award any of those hounds, based on that hour of running, a world championship title. But someone shouldn't take offense to someone else giving their opinion of a hound when someone else asks for opinions. There are good and bad in all hounds, heck they are just dogs. But for someone to take offense to the point of bringing in a personal attack is ridiculous, and when you go to the extent of bringing in something like MattS has done, well, where I come from that is grounds for an a-- whipping.

This forum is suppose to be to help with things like the orginal post, not for others to start personal attacks on heresay or rumors.

Bev-- Surely this is outside the rules and boundries??? Isn't it??? Good post turned SAD!!!!!
Craig A. Tull
3398 N. 130 W.
Frankfort, In
(765) 659-3959

dogrunnerone

Post by dogrunnerone »

MGB--

To answer your orignal question. I have judged at least one outstanding dog out of Jasper at this years Indiana State. The Willie dog that is owned by Ron Wagner and Tom Floyd that is leading the HOY opens, is sired by Jasper and for the hour I ran over him, all I can say is SPEED, CHECK DOG and IMPRESSIVE. Impressive enough that I tried to buy the hound but as always--NO LUCK and I see why. I wouldn't hesitate to breed to the dog or to get a pup out of him based on what I have seen out of just the couple that I have seen sired by him.
Craig A. Tull
3398 N. 130 W.
Frankfort, In
(765) 659-3959