Pedigree Software

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

grosswdg

Pedigree Software

Post by grosswdg »

Were can i get a good Pedigree program.

JIMMIE ABSHIRE

Post by JIMMIE ABSHIRE »

WILL MASON
Old school Northway . Full Throttle no Bottle.

Hunt With A BlueTick

Post by Hunt With A BlueTick »

JHough

Post by JHough »

are you just looking for something where you fill in the info or are you actually wanting it to do something for you

Lefgren-Lane

Post by Lefgren-Lane »

If you are looking for a computer program to input the info on your own dogs into, then I can not rcommend this one enough. I have been using for the last 7 years or so. It is free. Just download. I have about 2500 hounds entered in mine, both beagles and Am. Foxhounds. it is an excellent program and you can not beat the price. :D

http://www.geocities.com/willowind_dals/pedigree.html

grosswdg

Post by grosswdg »

Yes I'm looking for something to do up to a five generation.I've fixed alot of pedigrees in Mirosoft word but need a pedigree program were I can enter a dog and it would give the ancesters behind the dog.I've talked today to Mans best friend softward and they said to download a free trial and see if i like it.I would appreciate your input.

phill31

Post by phill31 »

I use Compuped from Man's Best Friend and really like it. They are coming out with a windows base progrom for Compuped but they have been saying that for almost 4 yrs now.

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

Lefgren-Lane wrote:If you are looking for a computer program to input the info on your own dogs into, then I can not rcommend this one enough. I have been using for the last 7 years or so. It is free. Just download. I have about 2500 hounds entered in mine, both beagles and Am. Foxhounds. it is an excellent program and you can not beat the price. :D

http://www.geocities.com/willowind_dals/pedigree.html
I have to agree with Lefgren-lane. The Dal ped program is the best I have seen. I have been using it for about three years now.
With this program, you can include a picture of your dog, shot records, owner transfer records, trial records, Champion titles in red and sub titles,a COI program for inbreeding and much more. Here is an example of what the ped looks like.
Don't squat with your spurs on!

Pine Mt Beagles

PEDIGREES

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

I HAVE A FRIEND NAMED WILD BILL MASON WHO IS SUPPOSE TO HOOK ME UP .WHATS UP WILL.
KEEP 'EM RUNNING
PINE MT BEAGLES

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

That link doesnt work...
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

mike crabtree wrote:That link doesnt work...
Both links worked fine for me. :???:
Don't squat with your spurs on!

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

Musta been my server, it works now.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

CORNERSTONE

Post by CORNERSTONE »

seems site has band width problem and goes down late in day and comes back up after midnight sometime.

My boy tells me a post like this sends alot of people to the sight and it uses up the daily amount they have to work with
Ed Smith, SW Pennsylvania

Lefgren-Lane

Post by Lefgren-Lane »

Cornerstone, your boy is correct. Many of the free web site hosts limit hits etc. per day. Like Southern said, the link is good, just check on it a time or so a day and you will find a time when it will work just fine. Like I said I've been using software for several years and downloading updates etc that he puts up about once every year or 6 months or so. it works great. it takes sometime to learn to use but that is true of all pedigree programs, commericial or otherwise.

briarshaker

Post by briarshaker »

I have soft ware from man's best friend. you can do all sorts of things on your pedigrees with it. add pictures, high lite champoins, put reg. no's, put dog colors, can add different things. like it real well. it is Instaped 2005. also added power pack 6 to it. joey salyers
GOD BLESS AND GOOD RUNNIN YALL!!