Turbo Powered Dogs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

hubertsoutlaw

Turbo Powered Dogs

Post by hubertsoutlaw »

Fellas, I love TURBO Dogs. They for the most part are hunting and running machines. Fast foot, Line Controll, and hunt out of this world. Heart and desire. They have flaws though. Most Turbo dogs run deer or try deer but they are easily broke. Some cold trail, depending mostly on the female you breed to. Thay are very powerful dogs, that hit hard and are explosive. Look I'm not down grading any other breed of dog this is what blood line I like and would like to see some input on some other peoples Turbo dogs. I am a very big fan of Dog Hoag who owned Turbo and Ace In The Hole. Two of the best producing and winning dogs of all time. To all that have Turbo dogs please reply and tell me about the good and bad in these power dogs. Thank You and God Bless.

P.S I would like to hear form Tom Floyd, Ryan Brewer, Tony Upton, Don Hoag{talk about kelly} ECT.

josh

Post by josh »

i hope this post dont get taken the wrong way but here goes-----i have a friend that has some very well bred turbo dogs (double turbo) that are seasoned vets. i have a young PATCH female that i bought from frank thompson in w.va. that is just going on 6months old that will dominate his pack :shock: lol just thought i would brag a little on my PATCH gyp. and frank if you read this i just got me a dig. camera and as soon as i figure it out i will post some pics of her........but yes i have seen some really strong turbo stuff out there :lol:
J&H KENNELS-----God,Family,Good Hounds & Good Friends

Blue Bandit

Post by Blue Bandit »

i can only think of 2 dogs that cold trail that are out of Turbo so i really wouldn't say he throws that in his pups. Maybe the females he bred to. Just my input, but you know where i stand. Thanks
check out my site.
True Blue or nothing.

CORNERSTONE

Post by CORNERSTONE »

i tried to resist posting on this thread, but I will becuase its his 5th birthday today I would have to say my Turbo male Sport is the finest male dog I have ever owned. I have no complaints. He is a fine combination of speed and control.
Ed Smith, SW Pennsylvania

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

i been runnin turbo stuff for a little while now..i have tried other stuff but keep going back to my turbo stuff..just all around good dogs plenty of foot ton of hunt good nose...i got a few pups out of tony kildows rambler dog and i got to tell ya it would take a darn good hound to stay with them...however i just got a male odg out of harecharmer ringo that is just plain nasty the real deal..if you like turbo stuff and looking for something that will cross well with them..look at some ringo stuff...ton of foot i mean a ton..but not crazy can still gear down when needed and hold the line..will blow out of the check like he got fired by a cannon...i cant wait to cross him into my turbo stuff...

hubertsoutlaw

Post by hubertsoutlaw »

I really like the replies. I am very proud of my three year old turbo male. He is not directly out of turbo but his dad{Blue Man} is. This sight is not down grading any other blood lines in any way, it is just being proud of what you got. I have Turbo dogs and that is what i like. I hope more people relpy, and give there input on what crosses good with turbo and what don't, what some turbo dogs are doing in trials ACK,UKC,NKC and PKC. I'm also tring to find the best Turbo dog out there so maybe one day I might can breed to him. So far the best Turbo dogs I have seen run are Blue Man, Jasper, Bar None, Milliners Bandit, and Double D's Roughshod Outlaw. Most of these dogs are from Indiana, Ohio,and Illinois. Thank You and God Bless. P.S. I left out Ranger from Kocomo :P

hubertsoutlaw

Post by hubertsoutlaw »

Yellowdog is that Rambler dog AKC Registered and is he Turbo. The Ringo dog is turbo by what you say and is he AKC registered. How tall is he, is he blue tick, tri? I would like to know more about these dogs. I also have tried alot of blood lines and come back to the turbo stuff.

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

rambler is out of turbo tony kildow in ark. owns him...swing has amale named stone that is a good turbo male too...my ringo dog is not out of turbo..he is out of fc harecharmer ringo and brankos arctic cool "ifc brankos alibaba x ifc brankos sassy sally" he is about 14 and an open mark with ticks...all of these dogs named are akc...brewers bar dog is a fine dog as well i have hunted over him and watched him run for a while now i own his brother cobe he is a fine hound as well just to big bout 15.5...thanks yellowdog

swing

Post by swing »

Hubert,
You can go to my website and see my Turbo stuff, I like how it crosses with Ace in the Hole stuff.
Heres my website and here is Tony Kildows site with his Ace and Turbo stuff.
http://www.swingsbeagles.com
cant find Tony's site maybe yellowdog or Brewer can get it to you
Trent

No one plans to Fail, they fail to Plan

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

tonys site is http://www.rockhillbeagles.com mine is http://www.freewebs.com/glaserhollowbeagles how ya been trent ? harley and the spice pups are doin great cant wait to come south this year and run with yall...tracy

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

yellowdog!!! You can't brag on SWINGS dog , that is against the rules!!!

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

sorry...i forgot...lol :lol:

hubertsoutlaw

Post by hubertsoutlaw »

Guys I really like the info on the dogs. I like big and powerful 15 inch turbo dogs. I have heard a lot of good stuff about swing and his dogs. Swing had a litter of pups about 4 or 5 months ago that i was very interested in. They were turbo bred. I would not mind running with you all when it cools down and the snakes aren't so bad. I have great places to hunt and run if you would like to come up here. My brother has a nice,nice Turbo bitch bred to Jasper. The pups are due on july 21st and we are excited. My Male dog Outlaw and His Female Angel will be NKC Champions this year. All they lack is a win and we haven't trialed a lot. I'm waiting for a big hunt to run him so his win will be out of over 100 dogs. I really don't want his win to be in a small hunt. Well, nice chating with you all. JEREMY

Hunter

Post by Hunter »

I have what I consider Turbo dogs and I love them. Check the peds and tell me if you consider them Turbo dogs.
http://bdfnr.home.insightbb.com/maxped.html
http://bdfnr.home.insightbb.com/missyped.html
Thanks, Paul

hubertsoutlaw

Post by hubertsoutlaw »

Hunter reminds me of a guy named Matt Glomski and yes I would say your dogs are Turbo. Sorry about Dream Boat! Jeremy :cool: