PLOWBOY

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

wvrabbithunter

PLOWBOY

Post by wvrabbithunter »

HAY I HAD THE PUP OUT FRIDAY AND TODAY,FRIDAY HE WHENT WITH THE OTHER DOGS AND I HEARD HIM BARKING SOME WITH THEM,TODAY SO SO BUT I HAVE HIGH HOPES FOR HIM,TODAY WE HAD MY FRIENDS DOG WITH HIM MAYBE THAT HAD SOMETING TO DO WITH IT,BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY HE WOULD TAKE OUT ALITTLE BIT
I THINK A FEW MORE TIMES AND HE WILL BE UP ON THE RABBIT,ITS HARD TO BELEAVE BUT HE IS STAYING WITH MY BIG DOGS,HE HAS HART
WILL TALK TO YOU LATER,

Lookout

Post by Lookout »

Congradulations :D wvrabbithunter! It sure is a great feeling :-o to see and hear a young hound that you have invested time and money in begin to take hold. Good luck with your pup and God bless! :)

Plowboy

Post by Plowboy »

Glad to hear the update. Just remember he just turned 5 months old so be careful not to pull him so hard as to make him pick up bad habits. He is bred to do it, so the rest is in your hands. Just keep him in rabbits & enjoy his progress. Keep in touch.

Briary Creek

Plowboy Pache Pups

Post by Briary Creek »

:D W V rabbithunter I don't know how many pups from this line you've
gotten but I have had two from two different litter from Plowboys Kennel
and will have to say the first one was the easiest pup I ever had to start
on rabbits. The young male was very much like the first pup quick to
start and tons of hunt and just wont quit. I think you will be in for a real
treat. I just got two more from Plowboy and am eager to see how easy
they are to start. Good Luck with your pup and hope you like yours as
much as I like mine. Come to think of it Plowboy ain't a bad feller either.

Dave

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

:oops: Are there two plowboys out there? Isn't a bad fellow LOL Shucks he is okay I guess but he is afraid to bring them dogs to Tazewell my culls scare him haha I got a pup from his kennell also my first patch but I have ran with some of his dogs and like the way they hunt.

wvrabbithunter

Post by wvrabbithunter »

thanks guys,i do like the look of this pup,i have a little gyp. that is patch with a little person creek way back a ways in her ped.she has al;ot of hunt and stays on the line with some speed i hope this male pup is as good or better,if so i will be one happy rabbit hunter,i love this patch breed and that will give me a nice pair,

Plowboy

Post by Plowboy »

TNBEAGLEMAN, I am going to come to Tazewell this season & kill all your bunnies. :lol: Boys there are good ones & bad ones in all breeds, glad to hear some of my pot lickers are making folks happy.
Take care,
Plowboy

gregw

Post by gregw »

Plowboy, If you are interested in selling anymore beagles, let me know. Thanks,Greg gregw@atlantic.net

swing

Post by swing »

You guys have got to be lieing, I heard from a source not to long ago that patch beagles were junk. :shock:
And this guy knows everything about beagles. :shock:

Trent
Trent

No one plans to Fail, they fail to Plan

Plow

Post by Plow »

Greg, I am taking limited deposits on pups this year as I do not plan to do as much breeding in 03. I took 41 deposits last year & it was just too much for me & my wife. I keep a pup from each litter & have a lot of training & working of young hounds to do. I do not want to become a puppy plant anyway. With the Rabbit population down & hunting grounds getting scarce in my area, it has become a pain to try to train so many & I just don't think I would want to send mine to a pen, I enjoy seeing them go that first time in the wild so much. I am proud of the results I am getting from my hounds & sure do love to hear from hunters around the country. All I have at present is a Red&White 14" male, 2 years old lots of hunt, honest mouth, med fast to fast speed, great tearing squall mouth, has never run trash on me & been gun hunted several times this season. He is average jump dog, He has good conformation, I have seen dogs that handle better but he is not a big problem just a bit hard headed.It takes $400 to get him. AKC registered Patch.
I am at plowboyspache@att.net
Take care & Swing, did you get advice from that buddy of yours on your last breeding? lol

wvrabbithunter

Post by wvrabbithunter »

plowboy,that male of mine is doing good,big big mouth,and i like that,and the little gyp is a hard hitting bruch eating dog i am haveing fun with themsnow has been on here and the rabbits are running,going out in the morning,i am getting ready to breed them this spring,between the two of them i have everything i want maybe togather i might get a pup that i really like and that big male of mine money cant buy him,this year he is putting it all togather he is one hell of a dog tryed to call you back the other night frank

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

Mines doing fine too. He is running with my Sissy Dog right now. BUT I had a hard time getting him to eat his turnips and turnip greens , picky eater I guess. LOL

Who is this guy plowboy?

Post by Guest »

Who is this guy plowboy?From what I gather he acts like he started the Patch line or a better line. Mr. Willet Randall forgot more than most including this Plowboy. I guess everbody has to have someone's coat tail
ride. Just don't like anybody acting like they invented a new wheel when in fact they are useing someone elses .

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

So who are you? Just don't like people making drive-by insults and riding on the coattails of the name 'guest'. Gives South Carolina a bad name.

wvrabbithunter

Post by wvrabbithunter »

THANKS BEV,SAVED ME SOME TIME BY THE WAY PLOWBOY IS NICE GUY
THAT HUNTS THE PATCH BREED OF DOG,I KNOW IF I WAS TO BUY ANYMORE PUPS I WOULD LOOK HIS WAY,HE IS A A GOOD PERSON TO DEAL WITH THANKS FRANK