Another One Bites The Dust.....

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

xdawg

Post by xdawg »

Hey Boys.... My good buddy Tom Young sent me this picture today of a really nice 30lb Bobcat.....

Between Yotes and Cats the WV rabbit population is hurting... Way to go Tom!!! Keep up the good work...

Just Thought I'd Share It....
-Jack
Check Us Out Online @
http://www.xdawgbeagles.com

Need A Website? $8/Month
http://www.beagletown.com

J Rooster

Post by J Rooster »

Hey Jack where did he kill it at?

tom young

Post by tom young »

WV :lol:

Cannon Hollow Hounds

Post by Cannon Hollow Hounds »

Nice cat ! Did you call him in ? ......... CHH

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

Congrats on the cat.

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

Congrats on the cat.

J Rooster

Post by J Rooster »

Where at in WV.

tom young

Post by tom young »

Roane County steel Trap

MSU Dawg

Post by MSU Dawg »

Poor cat. I could be wrong, but I don't think bobcats are a pest species & I don't think you eat them. Why kill it?

As for "yotes & cats" hurting the rabbit population, if memory serves rabbits aren't the primary prey of either one, although they will glady eat a rabbit if they can catch them. But I think their diets are mainly made up of bugs, birds, snakes, squirrels & mice/rats.

Now don't break bad on me here. I'm no PETA freak & I support hunting if you're going to eat the meat. But I just don't see the point of killing such a beautiful cat.

Coyotes I can see killing b/c if they become too great in number they can become dangerous. Rabbits & deer I can see killing b/c we eat them. But what did this beautiful cat do? Eat a few rabbits? So kill it? And then brag about it while posing w/ the poor creature's lifeless corpse? That is the epitome of human ego & to me is quite sad ... :cry:
"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved." - Ephesians 2:4-5

tom young

Post by tom young »

if thier is a chance it eating a rabbit it has to go i got $80 for it too.

xdawg

?

Post by xdawg »

Trapping For Fur? Is That Not A Good Reason Why To Trap? The Cat Was Trapped Legal... I See No Reason Why A Man Can't Do Whats Legal On His Own Land....

-Jack
Check Us Out Online @
http://www.xdawgbeagles.com

Need A Website? $8/Month
http://www.beagletown.com

Cove-Creek

Post by Cove-Creek »

Tom,

Congratulations on a fine cat. That’s one to be proud of.

I would love to get some out of the places that I run.

Zach Ruble
Tazewell, VA

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

MSU Dawg,

You are wrong... If there is a legal season on any animal, it is there for a reason. Hunters and outdoorsman are the greatest tool for maintaining wildlife numbers. If no one ever trapped or shot those pretty cats they would be just like yotes, eating your family pets if they get a chance. Think about it.........

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

jogletree

Post by jogletree »

Pretty or not, there is a season for them. I think a heavy horned buck can be real pretty... hanging on the wall. :D

TC

Post by TC »

Bobcat and Lynx can get just as bad on other critters as Mountain Lion
Just look what has happened here in the Northwest because of people with that SAME oh HOW cute attitude!!!!!
Cougar,s stalkin Kids at School grounds, Commin up on peoples Porches Eatin thier poor Little Foo Foo dogs!!! now they are Crying Why dont the Gov do sumthin about this!!!!!!!! Well thats the way you wanted it takin our rights away from us and then Wantin Someone to help em out when it backfires on em!!!! Just think about this A bobcat can destroy a henhouse in a matter of a few Minutes and they are alot tougher than what ya might think!!!!! young lambs Fall prey to em to.
just reach down and pet that little Kitty bet you would be yellin another tune real Soon!!!!!!!!!

Good Job buy the way!!!!! :thumbsup:
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be