Swampers ???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Tri-Power

Swampers ???

Post by Tri-Power »

Swampers to us Missouri hillbillies are a trophy like elk are to some others. We have a few here over east on the river but the limit is very low because there aint many so where can a person go to get into them? Which state has an abundance of swampers? Anyone willing to let the cat out of the bag? If you want email me and we'll keep it our secret. Thanks

Tri-Power

Richard

Post by Richard »

We have swampers down here in south Arkansas. I run them almost every day with my three hounds, come down to our ARHA hunt on 4/13th in Hope, AR and I'l take you out to my lease. We have a good population of them. :D

bowhunter59

tj

Post by bowhunter59 »

ala ./has a bunch of them for sure!
god is so good!

Bunnyseeker

Post by Bunnyseeker »

WE have all of the swampers here.

AlabamaSwamper

Post by AlabamaSwamper »

We have plenty of swampers, southern cookin and all the other fixins here in Alabama. Mississippi also has plenty of them.
"No stronger bond exist than that between a man and his dog."

Link to RabbitDawg board. (Old Southernbeagles board)
http://www.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=6643

Tri-Power

Swampers??

Post by Tri-Power »

looks like there are some to be had. I will be taking someone up on some running but it may not be until next fall. Let me know when is best and a name and phone # and i'll put it in my huntin book with the others and you can bet i'll be callin. What is the cost of a three day non-resident small game tag in your state?? Give me more . You've got my juices flowing and by the time i get there my pups should be ready and rarein.
Thanks Guys

Tri-Power aka Bill Stone in West Plains, Mo.

AlabamaSwamper

Post by AlabamaSwamper »

I can definately give you some wma's to hunt in North alabama. Swan creek wma close to Athens and Decatur and Seven Mile Island near Florence has a good number according to folks back home. I had trouble finding any but apparently I didnt go far enough. Dont know right off had what a liscense would be. I think $30 for three days but dont hold me to that. There are several other good spots further south but I dont know any of them. Those two are small game only so no deer hunters to mess with except Seven mile has a bowhunt the last month but not many hunters at all. Season is oct. 15 til Feb. 28. I would wait until atleast nov. because of the heat and snakes around them swamps and creeks.

Bunnyseeker

Post by Bunnyseeker »

Alaswamper, what are you doing Here?All the big swampers are here with me.HA!HA!

AlabamaSwamper

Post by AlabamaSwamper »

I cant get enough of these boards. I am addicted. Your dogs are just running deer.LOL

Bunnyseeker

Post by Bunnyseeker »

How would you know ------------ you are addicted to the boards! :lol:

James Carman

swampers

Post by James Carman »

Tri power, Take a look at Donaldson Point near New Madrid, MO or Coon Island south of Poplar Bluff, MO. Call Randy Johnson in West Plains. He tells me that there are plenty of swampers near him. Maybe you just haven't hit the honey hole.