Walmart and Maximum Nutrition Dog Food

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Beagle Huntsman

Walmart and Maximum Nutrition Dog Food

Post by Beagle Huntsman »

Has anyone heard that Walmart is discontinuing the 40 lb. bags of Maximum Nutrition Dog Food? I don't know if that is everywhere or just in my area, but they say it was not a big seller. I thought it was about the best dog food for the money. Guess I'll have to buy more Exceed at Sam's Club.

JHough

Post by JHough »

Haven't heard it but when we bought it the other day they only had the small bag.

DAVIDC

Post by DAVIDC »

I just got back from wal-mart and all they had here was 20lb bags and very few of them. They did'nt have any of the 30/20. I asked a few people who worked there if they had heard anything but none of them knew anything.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Might have been getting heavy for the illegal immigrant workers to carry?
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

jlboomer

Post by jlboomer »

i don't know about all walmarts but some in kentucy have quit saling the 40lbs bags didn't sale enough of it to keep it on the shelf.

rabdawg

Post by rabdawg »

I too have been using maxximum nutrition for a while now and really like it. Went to Wal-Mart the other night and they are only carrying the little bags. So I called the next day to speak with the manager and she told me that they stopped sending the big bags in and recommended that I try to get as many people as possible to go to http://www.walmart.com and complain and hopefully they will change their way of thinking. I know for a fact that this was a good seller at the one in Va. where I live because the shelves would be full one day and then a few days later empty. So lets try to help each other out and raise some hell with wal-mart and lets just see how much they care about their customers..

Beagle Huntsman

darn good idea! I've used it for years and thought it was the best at that price. I hate to see it go. It's an hour's drive to the nearest Sam's Club to get the Exceed Dog Food. I hope Sam's doesn't fail me too! I'm headed for Walmart.com now....

Beagle Huntsman

If you go to http://www.walmart.com, then to "help", then to "store feedback", there is a form you fill out with name, address, and complaint/suggestion. My 25+ beagles are depending on you! (Thanks)

jlboomer

Post by jlboomer »

guys don't think im the enemy or anything but at most walmarts ive been to purina dog chow and olroy are the number 1 sallers. i am a manger over the pet food and frankly at my store the maximum was taking up much needed space. now im not trying to be mean or negative i understand it may sale alot better in certain areas but in my area when a bag of feed sits on the shelf for months then you have to re think things.

Beagle Huntsman

Problem is, those brands you mentioned are junk food compared to Maximum Nutrition. They just cost less, and most people buy whatever is cheapest for Fido the yard dog. The Maximum sells well around my area because we travel around buying it at different stores wherever we can find it in stock.

rabdawg

Post by rabdawg »

Amen to junkfood . I see now ol roy is making a lamb and rice I wonder what that is like. I have searched for a long time for a good food and finally found max. nutrition and now they take it away. just really sucks. I guess they see it as if you have a highly digestable food and can feed less of they dont sell as many bags so it cuts out their income. WHO CARES ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS ANYMORE? :twisted:

rabdawg

Post by rabdawg »

Amen to junkfood . I see now ol roy is making a lamb and rice I wonder what that is like. I have searched for a long time for a good food and finally found max. nutrition and now they take it away. just really sucks. I guess they see it as if you have a highly digestable food and can feed less of they dont sell as many bags so it cuts out their income. WHO CARES ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS ANYMORE? :twisted:

jlboomer

Post by jlboomer »

now you can say what you want but i love purina dog chow. has been the best feed ive ever feed. in my 16yrs of running training and breeding beagles. i feed 2 cups a day to my 15 " beagles and when there getting ran during season 4 or 5 days a week ill feed 2 1/2 with a lil red cell. very little waste i only have to clean up every couple weeks what don't fall through my abouve ground cages and i spray the conncrete once a week. so its worked for me and trust me ive tried alot.

Beagle Huntsman

Sam's still has the Exceed, so I stocked up on it last night. It's very good. I used Dog Chow some years and years ago, but its main ingredient was yellow corn so there was more of a mess, plus the protein and fat levels were too low. Unless the ingredients have changed, it isn't good enough for me to use. I believe feed has a tremendous effect of the way your hounds perform in the field. Purina does make a good feed called Pro Plan, but I preferred the Maximum Nutrition because it was just as good or better at a lower cost, and up until now, it was easy to find at Walmart.

jlboomer

Post by jlboomer »

huntsman if you haven't feed dog chow in awhile they have changed there formula around plus the corn they put in the feed is grade 2 human use corn not the cheap junk others use. Now it works good for me but all dogs are like people what works for one want work for the other. heck i have some that love olroy if you put purina one lamb and rice or iams in front of them they'll walk away from it but i can put some cheap olroy down and theyll eat it right up. by the way olroy has changed alot of there feeds formulas for the better to so guys some of you might wana give them a secound chance to me there hi pro bag is as good as any around. it will really put weight on a poor hound fast.