spicer's blue back

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

danny vansickle

joe

Post by danny vansickle »

i bet that joe dog could fly in his hey day,my buddy was in the first cast with him,he said he was a good check dog,he beat thier diesel dog and he is a good hound.i just got a pup recently out of scroghams cannon and lady blue tipton,she is the same dam they crossed with reggie to make lnl ol red,any way,she goes back to spicers blue back x spicers hunter cross.is joe a grand yet?

Duke

Post by Duke »

Any Blueback hounds in the Little World this weekend?

town hound

Post by town hound »

I have a son, 2 grandaughters, 1 grandson, and one great grandson(double bread blueback) of blueback in my kennel. What i'm interested in knowing, did blueback have any brothers or sisters that trialed? Did they produce great dogs like blueback did? Does anyone know the history behind bluebacks sire and dame?
Rich Linville
Rebel Yell Kennels
akc Black and Tans/Blueticks

jumpmaster

re

Post by jumpmaster »

That is a great question town hound, I would like to know these things as well. I havent ever heard of any other hounds bred like blueback. I have seen posts saying that his AKC papers are made up. Even if they are, he was still an awsome producing hound, and in my opinion thats all that matters in the end.

Catfish

Post by Catfish »

I would be interested in the history of Blue Back also. I have a couple of Blue Back dogs, plus I have a couple of line Breed Blue Back pups that a buddy of mine and myself breed.

I just wondering if anybody can tell me how the line breed Blue Back dogs are doing. I like everything about my other Blue Back dogs, they are just not line breed Blue Back.

Catfish:
The best music is a pack of hounds pounding a rabbit track
R.ch Bad News Hunter
R.I.P. R.ch Haywood's come Back Kid
R.I.P Gr. R. Ch. Haywood's Precious Lady Garlick

Duke

Post by Duke »

I have 3 hounds that are line bred Blueback, 2 are out of fledglings of Blueback on both sides and Jessie has Blueback 3 times in her pedigree. She is 2 1/2 yrs old and has several places in Big Pack which is tough for a female. She has a couple of seconds and in each of those she was beaten by her father Dutch.

Rneil

double Blueback

Post by Rneil »

Here is a picture of my female double blueback pup running through the garden

http://www.savgeroadbeagles.com
New site uploaded 2-5-08

SilverZuk

Re: double Blueback

Post by SilverZuk »

Rneil wrote:Here is a picture of my female double blueback pup running through the garden

Do you have any pictures from the space shuttle?
Maybe we could see them better

:lol: :lol:
I've done the same thing, they look good on screen and they are as big a postage stamp once posted.

Catfish

Post by Catfish »

SilverZuk just put your pointer on the picture and left click and it will in large it for you.

Catfish:
The best music is a pack of hounds pounding a rabbit track
R.ch Bad News Hunter
R.I.P. R.ch Haywood's come Back Kid
R.I.P Gr. R. Ch. Haywood's Precious Lady Garlick

Rneil

Bigger

Post by Rneil »

I will get a better picture in a couple of days.
http://www.savgeroadbeagles.com
New site uploaded 2-5-08

jonnyringo

Post by jonnyringo »

Hey Rod that is a nice looking hound! You did good - can't wait to see her run. I talked to Rick the other night and his bitch is getting big. My blueback pup is in the oven. Can't wait to get her.
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

Duke

Post by Duke »

Ed,
Talked to Rick. says she is getting really big. Going to put her in the welping pen next week. Branko's HardRock, Dutch, Spicers Ginger and Blueback. Lot of winners in that breeding. I am looking forward to my pup also.

rabbithunter45646

Post by rabbithunter45646 »

here a picture of a male and two female double blueback
Image Image
Last edited by rabbithunter45646 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonnyringo

Post by jonnyringo »

Duke wrote:Ed,
Talked to Rick. says she is getting really big. Going to put her in the welping pen next week. Branko's HardRock, Dutch, Spicers Ginger and Blueback. Lot of winners in that breeding. I am looking forward to my pup also.
:!: You got that right Duke. The breeding is there. I want one with the ticking on the chest like Dutch. :D The cool part is I get the pick of the females thanks to you tipping me off early about the breeding. Thanks. This pup will be worth every penny of the $300.00 I am paying for her if the genetics do what I think they will. As you have stated many times Duke - you get what you pay for.
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

jumpmaster

Post by jumpmaster »

rabbit hunter, what is the whole ped. on those two fine looking pups?