spicer's blue back

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

It works for me.....but try this.

http://www.worldpedigrees.com/

Then enter spicer's blueback....
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Blue Back

--------------------------Lynair Blue Will
------------------Mason Creek Blue Buckeye
---------------------------Long Run Ann
-----------Calloway Creek Azure Buck
---------------------------Armstrong's Little Rock
------------------Half Mountain Blue Bonnie
---------------------------Armstrong's Sue Bee
Spicer's Blue Back
----------------------------FC Dunlap's Benson
-------------------FC Backyard Bernie
----------------------------Trackdown Duchess II
-----------Calloway Creek Summer Skye
----------------------------Nejan Country Marvin
-------------------Grassy Creek Amy
----------------------------Pleasant Home Leann
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

JIMMIE ABSHIRE

Post by JIMMIE ABSHIRE »

Hmm, Thanks alot .Never seen or heard of any of em. :roll:
Old school Northway . Full Throttle no Bottle.

carn

blue back

Post by carn »

Jimmy the fc are brace hounds thats right walky talky.hmmmm?

jonnyringo

Re: blue back

Post by jonnyringo »

carn wrote:Jimmy the fc are brace hounds thats right walky talky.hmmmm?
If they are old time brace then that is good.
Anyways, even if they were walkie talkies, some great dogs were a cross of brace (cottontail) and hare hound mixes. Those walkie talkies have great noses and excellent line control - mix that with speed and you end up with Blueback, then ultimately Lil Dutchman. That's pretty darn good in my opinion. I'd put Duke's FC up against any speed hound. Remember speed is the easiest thing to breed in a dog. I have been told that Dutchman hunts "angry" by more than one person. That's called ultimate hunt. You don't get ultimate hunt if the breeding is not there. There are too many successful Blueback hounds out there for anybody to doubt this bloodline.
As far as never hearing of them - I bet I have never heard of the hounds in most pedigrees going back a few generation - unless it is Branko or Shorts bred that is. ;)
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

Duke

Post by Duke »

Bluebacks Pedigree is the one question some have about the hound. Facts are this: Blueback was an amazing check hound that won Hound of the Year, The Little World, The World and HOF REPRODUCER. He has produced top winners in every type of trialing of faster style hounds. So he was a faster style hound and for 3 to 4 generations is producing hounds with brains and speed.

Dutch on the other hand has a lot of AKC blood from Cress's old line of Red Dogs Like AMOS and REDMAN on the other side of his breeding along with Blueback. His Grandmother was a full sister to HOF Bigtime and a grand national champion herself.

hardtack

blue back

Post by hardtack »

:neutral:
Last edited by hardtack on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

carn

blue back

Post by carn »

i judged blue back before he was akc and after same good hound no ?but you guys must face the fact that the papers was put on him.before he ever won anything i heard from Bert himself that he came from the pound. the brace hounds you see in this pedigre are modern day brace hounds true walky talky [peanut rollers] the kind that set on a track and bark many times before they move forward now does that sound like blue back or any of his pups?before you say i'm a blue back basher think about it i judge him first round,second round and semi-finales of the world hunt when he won.

allen keller

akc

Post by allen keller »

carn, hope you can answer this question for me , you seem to have a answer for everything who were the first beagles registed by akc? male and female

carn

blue back

Post by carn »

allen the first male was pete then after that you had repete

Catfish

Re: blue back

Post by Catfish »

carn wrote:Jimmy the fc are brace hounds thats right walky talky.hmmmm?
It seems like if you can't with the big dogs (Like the Blue Back dogs) then join them. Don't bash them. I'm not trying to be a SMART A$$. But you open the can, I didn't.

Catfish:
The best music is a pack of hounds pounding a rabbit track
R.ch Bad News Hunter
R.I.P. R.ch Haywood's come Back Kid
R.I.P Gr. R. Ch. Haywood's Precious Lady Garlick

Catfish

Post by Catfish »

Carn. I meant to say, if can't run with the big dogs. I didn't prof read what I type. Also I shouldn't have wrote anything. I like my Blue Back dogs, as you like your dogs. I just want to aplogize for being a A$$, I went hunting all day Saturday, and was called into work last night for 12 hours. You know what they say open big mouth and insert your foot into it. I did that all right. Well I going to try to get some sleep right now. God Bless and Good Luck.

Catfish:
The best music is a pack of hounds pounding a rabbit track
R.ch Bad News Hunter
R.I.P. R.ch Haywood's come Back Kid
R.I.P Gr. R. Ch. Haywood's Precious Lady Garlick

jonnyringo

Post by jonnyringo »

I could give a rat's arse about Bluebacks papers (not that I beleive anything posted here about his AKC authenticity). The fact is his record speaks for itself and Blueback passed on his awesome traits to his offspring. If someone did put papers on him then good - he deserves them. If he isn't what a beagle should be then I don't want one. I have seen these so called field champions in AKC with no hunt that sit on the trail and wait for the handler to jump them a rabbit. If that is what a rabbit dog is suppose to act like then I will pass and spend my time and money elsewhere.
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

BJK

Post by BJK »

Carn,

I've been told the same thing years ago. There are several arha dogs with akc papers that were placed on them. Was it also true about bluebacks seizures?

Rneil

Glad we know the truth!

Post by Rneil »

Looks like a couple of guys thought they knew something others had not heard. Anyone who looked into these dogs had to know the rumor or fact that Blueback had papers pasted on him. Others seen his hunt, check work and wanted that in their kennels. I am sure since they have a couple of really good dogs that makes them Judge and Ruler of the Beagler world and must hand down judgment on others who are not as privileged as they are. Now they must feel like big men that they let the big secret out. I can’t figure out how Blueback won with false papers or why some of the people on this board stated that they would never let their Blueback hounds out of their kennel. Maby it was the paste that made him the reproducer that he is. I’m sure the mighty ones will be able to explain it to those who have chosen Blueback.
You don't make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining, and pointing fingers. You make progress by implementing ideas.
I do like the Pete and repeat that was funny.
http://www.savgeroadbeagles.com
New site uploaded 2-5-08