EYE PROBLEMS ?????????????????

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

hillbilly

EYE PROBLEMS ?????????????????

Post by hillbilly »

MY BEST DOG HAS PROBLEMS WITH HIS EYES... HE HUNTS WITH NO REGUARD FOR HIS OWN BODY(WHICH I LOVE) BUT HIS EYES TAKE A BEATIN.. I WASH THEM OUT BUT THEY STILL MATTER UP AND SWELL AFTER RUNNING IN SOME THICK STUFF FOR A WHILE. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE WELCOME....

HILBILLY
As you have the opportunity, do good to all men, especially those of the household of faith.

PREACHERS KENNEL

tultul

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

i suggest adding some patch blood to him what u do is find a good patxh dog draw some blood from it with a needle and take it back to scrub and insert the blood that should cure all ailments!JUST TRYING TO HELP!
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

The hounds with the worst reoccurring eye problems I've seen all had one thing in common, loose lower eyelids. If the lower eyelid is loose or droppy in the least, it will allow debris to enter and cause a problem...
Rinse and salve after every run and breed away from it... ;)

ps. preacher, the patch blood is not without this sin... ;)

TC

Post by TC »

A Good Saline Wash and Opthomalic Cream.....
Wash Well after each Run and Apply Cream as needed.......
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

rose mary tea bags, make your self a cup of tea, after it cools to room temp. use a clean wash cloth , get the cloth soaxed and whip the eye then add a few drops in. this has always worked great for me.

Pine Mt Beagles

CRAZY

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

HEY HILLY
I THINK SCRUB'S PROBLEM IS HE IS HOME SICK-------PREACHER THOSE PATCH HOUNDS,MAY GO SO FAST THE BRIARS CAN'T CUT THEIR EYES---OLE MOODY'S EYES ARE SWELLED SHOT TODAY AFTER THE RUNNING WE HAD THE LAST FEW DAYS.... HILLY IF YOU WANT TO FIX OLE SCRUB'S EYE PROB--I HAVE A YOUNG BLUE TICK--THAT HAS NO EYE PROBLEMS--JUST SAY THE WORD---------- :lol: :lol:

KEEP'EM RUNNING
PINE MT BEAGLES

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

thanks for all the help guys i have been washing them out and am going to get some cream.. and rufus i really like that young bluetick(moodyblues)but i think ole scrub is at home heck i can't see very good either and the wife keeps me around.......and by the way rufus if everything goes good with the father-in-law i may bring my whole pack up let ya see them run next week.....
As you have the opportunity, do good to all men, especially those of the household of faith.

Larry G

Post by Larry G »

I feel it just goes with the dog. I let a very good one go because, in summer running his eyes would swell shut the next day and stay that way a few days. Not so bad in cold weather. I found nothing to stop it.

hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

ohhhhhhhh and let me add just one more thing ole scrub isn't going anywhere after all he put a woooooohpin on them patch hounds of preacher's and couldn't even sight chase that day........lol :shock:

ps preacher being envious is a subject that you may need to pray about!!!!!!

hillbilly

PREACHERS KENNEL

ui;;;t7tt

not hardly the way i seen things hilly but hey if u did then it must be true i know u r an honest man and would never stretch the truth a bit lol!

JIMMIE ABSHIRE

Post by JIMMIE ABSHIRE »

hillbilly wrote:ohhhhhhhh and let me add just one more thing ole scrub isn't going anywhere after all he put a woooooohpin on them patch hounds of preacher's and couldn't even sight chase that day........lol :shock:

ps preacher being envious is a subject that you may need to pray about!!!!!!

hillbilly
Hey billy dont tell me them patch hounds got it put on em . I thought they were bulletproof. Get em scrub
Old school Northway . Full Throttle no Bottle.

Randy Phipps

Post by Randy Phipps »

Preacher,
You didn't forget and leave the cinder blocks or the truck rims tied to your dogs again, did you :lol: ?
Hey Hillbilly, You might want to check with your vet if this is a reoccurring problem. They make some kind of eye drops with liquid silver in them for bad eye injuries. I've found a dab of table salt cuts through matters pretty good, and if you really out run preachers dogs you can use some of it to rub in his wounded pride as well :lol: :lol:
Feed and hunt what you like!

houndsound

Post by houndsound »

Larry G wrote:I feel it just goes with the dog. I let a very good one go because, in summer running his eyes would swell shut the next day and stay that way a few days. Not so bad in cold weather. I found nothing to stop it.
Did you try giving them childrens Benadryl? This works well for me. Keeps the swelling down. I just pour some on their food after running in the summer. I have one female that's bad about it in the summer.

dk
Esse quam Videri

PREACHERS KENNEL

tdymt,

bunny he was just day dreaming when he posted that !ole chief and spiritgave them ole pine mtn dogs the what for and the how come!

acesdog

Post by acesdog »

himmmm i dont know who or what to think. preacher when are we going to go and see if the slow poke i got will keep up. maybe we could get hillbilly to bring scrub.