EYE PROBLEMS ?????????????????

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pine Mt Beagles

crazy

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

HEY HILLY-----------------
I HAVE HAD SOME EYE PROBLEMS FROM TIME TO TIME SOME DOGS JUST BEAT THEIR SELF UP, MORE THAN OTHERS I KNOW YOU ARE RUNNING HIM IN "THICK" STUFF------HE WILL BE FINE---GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE COMMING UP OLE ---MOODY BLUES--- IS LOOKING FORWARD TO GIVING YOU THE --- WHAT- FOR--- AND-- THE HOW-ABOUT IT---AND THE ---HOW COME --PREACHER ---WHEN YOU AND ACES GET TO GO--- LET-- HILLY-- KNOW ME AND-- RAD-- ARE COMMING-DOWN JUST DON'T KNOW WHEN,HEY-- JIMMY-- HAD SOME REALLY HARD RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TODAY I TALKED TO PETE AND BOBBY ON THE PHONE SAID THEY WERE AFTER THEM ALSO...--- HILLY-- I SURE HOPE PREACHER HAS THOSE PATCH HOUNDS TUNED UP,,,BUSTER,,,DON'T LIKE TO STOP AND WAIT ON THEM FOR TO LONG AT A TIME :lol: :lol: :lol:
KEEP'EM RUNNING
PINE MT BEAGLES

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

PREACHERS KENNEL

g,k,gt

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

,they will befine bring ur best and tell them to do their best!lol..ace we can do it pretty soon hopefully this month anyhow are u ever off during the week??say a friday?
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Hillbilly,
My dogs are the kings of eye problems. I have one that if run hard in serecia, you have to dig out the seeds from below his eyelids, and wash his eyes out. But they still close shut and have to take a warm rag and get them open. Then I have some that run in the same area, you cant tell it bothers them other than their eyes running some. Use some terramyacin (sp?) or triple anti-biotic, there are some creams you can get at the vet thats not real expensive. Hope this helps.
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

Randy Phipps

Post by Randy Phipps »

Sounds like you got some good eye advice, HillBilly. I've never thought of using benadryl or the salve, but I've been lucky in that none of my Patch dogs have been bothered with it. I think the breeze my leaf blowers generate blows it out before it causes problems :lol: .
Hey boys give me a holler if you decide to hook up and run. I might come and watch since I don't have nothin' that will keep up :neutral: . Will it be a gun hunt or just running?
I got an invite yesterday to bring my dogs over to run on 400 acres by one of the guys I bumped into opening day of gun season. He said he would like to watch my Patch dogs one more time before he invests in a couple :shock: .
Feed and hunt what you like!

PREACHERS KENNEL

g,,u,

u wanna borrow a few goodens to take him with bunny lol!??

Randy Phipps

Post by Randy Phipps »

Hey Preacher,
I would ask to borrow a few goodens but I haven't met hillbilly yet and don't want to ask him.
I think the guy wants to see some fast ones :lol: :lol: .

hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

bunny i'll let ya barrow ole tripple d dynamite she has a little speed and you can tell the guy shes a patch hound because from what i have seen it would be hard to convence someone to actually buy a patch hound if they saw one run first.........

hillbilly
As you have the opportunity, do good to all men, especially those of the household of faith.

Pine Mt Beagles

CRAZY

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

PREACHER
HILLY----- SAID YOU AND HIM HAD SOME RUNNING THE OTHER DAY--WHEN THE WATCHES STOPPED------I USED TO RUN SOME PATCH HOUNDS YEARS AGO--BEFORE WILLET DIED --AREYOU FAMILAR WITH A DOG CALLED-- TRAPPER JOHN--I THINK HE WAS HALF GAY AND HALF PATCH HE WAS A GOOD ONE--WHAT IS SOME OF THE HOUNDS IN THE BACK OF YOUR DOGS----
KEEP'EM RUNNING
PINE MT BEAGLES

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Rufus, I think I remember the dog you are talkin about. ARHA LP hound waaayyy back in the day perhaps???
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

Randy Phipps

Post by Randy Phipps »

HillBilly,
The next time you come through Tennessee give me a holler. I might be able to let you see a couple of Patch hounds that might change your mind. They seem to have pretty good foot speed in good conditions but seem to have sense enough to gear down to keep the rabbit moving on rough scenting days and I sure can't complain about their hunt or jump either.

PREACHERS KENNEL

ekl;lu/

oh yea that what i need 2 friends of mine or supoosed to be frieds teaming up on me lol!i dont think he wants dd since she weighs about 50lbs and can only run for about 2 hrs before haveing to take rest breaks lol!and if i remeber right the patch hounds were still thumping the rabbit this whole time!never heard of that dog pine!here goes a few in the ped.
lehenrs linus patch ,cold fork holly patch,arrons emmy lou patch,mikes copper patch,hammerdown hilbilly patch,lakota patch faith,track down swamper patch and pennroyal patch casey several times in the 4th and t5th.and emmy lou,many more all patch.

JIMMIE ABSHIRE

Post by JIMMIE ABSHIRE »

Hey preach why dont you visit ol rufus , take take ol dd that wieghs 50 lbs and tie her to buster :idea: . Go run and gun bout 6 hours ol buster could probaly help her out.
Old school Northway . Full Throttle no Bottle.

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

Any of you boys ever try them goggles??? Savannah don't like the dark lenses but Ole Scooter and Maggie Blue love em!!!! Got to use the clear ones for night runnin though or they get all scratched up (the hounds not the goggles)!!! Hey Jimmie,, you making any money??? We're slow as all get up down here!!! Can you tell???

Crew Chief

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I remember Trapper John, that was late 80's...
What Patch did you run in the 60's before Willet died?

grim

Post by grim »

As a vet tech use mineral oil in eyes before running. this lubercates the seeds and moves them out. after running rinse eyes the put a couple of drops in each eye again.
JOEY AND DIANA SALYERS
SUB ZERO BLACK AND BLUE
SOUTH FORK BLUE LUCY
BRIARSWAMP'S RUNNIN TALLY
BRIARSWAMPS HEMI'S BLITZ
BRIARSWAMPS KABLOOEY
BRIARSWAMPS JACKPOT