Another good one has passed on....

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

J.C. Blair

Another good one has passed on....

Post by J.C. Blair »

I just learned this evening that Will Mason's Jihad dog has passed away. He was a young hound still, only 3 1/2 yrs old. I had the chance to run with him some last year and he was a rabbit hunting, rabbit running machine. I know Will is going to miss him as he was his favorite. He has chimed in with that powerpack up above now. Seems like the good ones only stay a little while.
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

MasonsBeagles

s

Post by MasonsBeagles »

I appreciate it Chad. That was really unexpected. I dug a hole tonight Id hoped would be many many years down the road. He was a good dog and a true companion. Not many times you lay a dog down and think back about how much enjoyment you received from one hound. But such is life. Ji will definately be missed and I am dreading the next time I run because for the last 3 years he and I have been on just about every rabbit race together. I was thinking about it earlier every rabbit that dog ran was with me except for an hour at the Little World when Pete handled him. Doesnt seem fair but I am glad I had him for the time I did. I feel fortunate to have a son out of him that I am liking a whole lot. I dont think he will ever be replaced I just hope to end up with another one that I enjoy as much as I did him.

Special thanks to Dexter Reffett for breeding and selling me one of the most memorable hounds of my lifetime.

WrongsideRandy

Post by WrongsideRandy »

Sorry about your loss. I know that hollow feeling all to well myself....I think we all do if we have messed with dogs much. The last hole I dug seemed to take me forever to dig...I just didnt want it to be over. I dont think I will ever forget my dogs.....and I guess thats how it should be.

Best to you,
Randy

RAD

Post by RAD »

Will sorry to here about ji I know how much you loved him.
Hang in there man.

pete young

Post by pete young »

Will,
Sorry to hear about ol' Ji. I hate it for you. I know how much he meant to you.

Wilkerson Boys

Post by Wilkerson Boys »

Will, sorry to hear of your loss. Glad you have a son out of him. That does seem to help lots of times. Got ya in our thoughts this morning. Fixing to go to the pen and see some of those Mason pups. Have a good one. ;) Wayne
The truth will set you free.

Rneil

Sorry

Post by Rneil »

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know what its like I just lost my best dog ever about 6 weeks ago. Nobody knows the times this dog and I had. It tough but time will take care of it and you will always remember the times you had.

Good luck
http://www.savgeroadbeagles.com
New site uploaded 2-5-08

grim

Post by grim »

sorry will that yopu losta good one!
JOEY AND DIANA SALYERS
SUB ZERO BLACK AND BLUE
SOUTH FORK BLUE LUCY
BRIARSWAMP'S RUNNIN TALLY
BRIARSWAMPS HEMI'S BLITZ
BRIARSWAMPS KABLOOEY
BRIARSWAMPS JACKPOT

merv

Post by merv »

WILL SORRY FOR YOU LOSS. IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING HOW DID THE DOG DIE?

MasonsBeagles

s

Post by MasonsBeagles »

he had been acting kind of odd the last couple of weeks. didnt think much about it cause he was eating and drinking good. thought he may be a touch wormy. thurs night he didnt eat at all. i pulled him out and looked at him and he looked rough. decided to take off work a little early on friday to check on him and take him to the vet if i thought he needed to go. got home and he looked awful lethargic and still wouldnt eat. rushed him to the vet he was about dead when i arrived.

short of the story is both of his lungs were collapsed. vet said an infection had started a fluid build up and just collapsed his lungs. we drained the fluid and he started breathing easier but it was too late. vet said she really didnt have a good explanation. could have started with a slight case of pneumonia and then an infection took over or it could have just been a very major aggressive infection. wish id taken him to the vet a week ago. but like always if i ran to the vet everytime one of them acts a little odd id go broke. just a fluke thing i guess. I ran today and I sure do miss him.

Chuck Terry

Post by Chuck Terry »

Sorry for your loss! I just read that Lizzard Creek Tadpole (Gunsmoke Kennels) died today as well. Enjoy them while you can!

Hatfield

Post by Hatfield »

I cast out with him at the little world. He outscored my best :oops: . Nice clean dog,seemed accurate with his mouth. I hate it for ya Will.
Desire and the abilities to account for the rabbit.

Lynn Perkins

Post by Lynn Perkins »

Will and i talked about this friday morning and he was worried about him then,and never relized how bad this was.
I hate this for you but run the hide off your young dog from him,his blood will live own thru him,cant replace him but maybe fill that void of not having him thru his son.Keep a level head and time has a way of healing
Perkins Runnin & Gunnin Kennel
Producing winners both under the gun and in front of the judge!
HOF Reproducer GRCH/BCH Perkins Run-n-Gun BuzzSaw - He might be gone,but his blood flows on!

jdmart

Post by jdmart »

Will,

Sorry to hear about Ji'. Hang in there buddy!

Jeff

merv

Post by merv »

WOW WILL THAT REALLY SUCKS. I REALLY AM TRULY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.

MERV