Third generation breeder

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Buckeye Bob

Third generation breeder

Post by Buckeye Bob »

Who out there has running dogs that are the third generation of what they started their kennel with?This would mean that all 12 of the ancestors were personally observed hunting and each of their siblings have been accounted for as well.I only personaly know one but would like to know who else takes it seriously.Reason I ask is I because I would like to hunt over a pack of third generation beagles out of my kennel some day but know there is alot to learn.

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

branko, i would sugest calling the man, he is awsome, and will answer any ??? u may have.

JIMMIE ABSHIRE

Post by JIMMIE ABSHIRE »

Give me a call or lynn perkins, I am actually third generation on chester , lynn is deeper than that . Talk to me sweet bob i may come to ohio .and show ya .
Old school Northway . Full Throttle no Bottle.

Hatfield

Jimmy Abshire for President

Post by Hatfield »

SWEET?????

Jimmy wants to kill your rabbits Bob, You gotta watch out for him he's a slick one! :twisted:

Abshire/Perkins 2008 Independent ticket
Desire and the abilities to account for the rabbit.

xdawg

Re: Jimmy Abshire for President

Post by xdawg »

Hatfield wrote:SWEET?????

Jimmy wants to kill your rabbits Bob, You gotta watch out for him he's a slick one! :twisted:

Abshire/Perkins 2008 Independent ticket
They have my vote....

-Jack
Check Us Out Online @
http://www.xdawgbeagles.com

Need A Website? $8/Month
http://www.beagletown.com

Joe P.

Post by Joe P. »

I am working with the 5th and 6th at this time.
Joe Peavler
Hill Country Blueticks

Buckeye Bob

Post by Buckeye Bob »

Jimmie,get off of Brokeback Mt. and go run your dogs.....Yikes.Maybe I will make it down to old Kentucky this winter and see what you got.I have had the absolute worse luck in buying pups the last 2 years and have decided to just try it myself.

Beagle Huntsman

Post by Beagle Huntsman »

My female lines are now up to 12 generations. I raised and hunted every one.

Boomerx

Post by Boomerx »

George and Greg Steeves of Cryon Beagles in Ontario Canada, finished a FTCH bitch this year that was a product of 5 generations of all their own Field Trial Champions or Int. FTCH bitches. A very enviable feat indeed. It's a tough thing to produce generations of good, solid hounds, but even tougher to produce generations of great hounds that can finish in the tough competition of LPH.

Pine Mt Beagles

CRAZY

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

HEY JIMMY--------
IS MICKEY MOUSE GOING TO BE ON THE TICKET WITH YOU AND LYNN...IF SO I'M IN ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
PINE MT BEAGLES

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

I have been contacted by Jimbo and have been appointed to campaign manager lol....What are job...Rufus, well we refer to Ol Lynn as Mickey Mouse, its a long story lol
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

JIMMIE ABSHIRE

Post by JIMMIE ABSHIRE »

Buckeye Bob wrote:Jimmie,get off of Brokeback Mt. and go run your dogs.....Yikes.Maybe I will make it down to old Kentucky this winter and see what you got.I have had the absolute worse luck in buying pups the last 2 years and have decided to just try it myself.
Bob ,
Lynn and I are thicker than thieves no doubt,
But brokeback mtn we aint :yikes: . Come to think about it several of us Ky boys are linebreeders pretty deep in generations , we dont do fads .We work off results proven under the gun not at a trial. In my thoughts to many rocket scientest that frequent this board are here for instant results. Wish it was this easy. Dexter Reffit as well as Rufus stewart will tell ya one thing for sure ,Results are slow . Every breeder must build foundation at the expense of culling hounds . I am big on father to daughter crosses even though i have not made one in recent years I believe in it. Most will not make it due to homaphobic thoughts .They are dogs not kids . Breeding is still crapshoots but with proper time and educated thought , you can achieve a level of excellence .I have several friends There Now . Stick to your guns not a populist vote . Most people talking dogs dont even know dogs .Find some one weathered that thinks alot of ya , pick his brain . People that love ya will never send ya in the wrong direction .I have often wondered how breeders of old would be proud of whats became of there line .I doubt very few. Good luck lets get up and kill some buckeye rabbits
Old school Northway . Full Throttle no Bottle.

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Euphoric Jimbo, that paragraph deserves the Nobel Prize for Beagling.
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

xdawg

Post by xdawg »

AMEN JIMMIE!!!!
Last edited by xdawg on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check Us Out Online @
http://www.xdawgbeagles.com

Need A Website? $8/Month
http://www.beagletown.com

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Jimmie,

My aunt has been breeding horses and show dogs for forty years and she always swears to the father/daughter cross. She always tells me that If i want to lock the males traits, color, etc....breed him to a daughter and see what happens. I have never done this, and i don't think i ever will, but i know she does with her prized males and these pups are winning all over the United States. Her dogs are not beagles, but it is still the same. i don't know if i should listen to her, or stick with the popular thing and say no way? I like your point about "Find some one weathered that thinks alot of ya , pick his brain . People that love ya will never send ya in the wrong direction."

Steve
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby