Tritronics question

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

deerhost

Tritronics question

Post by deerhost »

I am about to buy the G2 classic 70 exp and just noticed that it do's not have the momentary stimulation mode. My question is, should I buy the field 90 G2 instead which has the momentary stimulation mode and cost about $60 more? Or could I just nick by quikly depressingand releasing the continuous stimmulation button on the classic 70 exp and saving the extra $60 bucks.......Thanks in advance

B.Trull

tri tronics

Post by B.Trull »

You dont need it for hounds. My big knock on tri tronics is that the 70's and trash breakers, only have " high" settings. Depending on the " softness' or " hardness" of a dog, level 1 may be too much . It isnt as evident as much when training hounds , because of the type of training you do with ecollars. My next collar will be a dogtra , so I can use it for my shepherds also.

coolbrze

Post by coolbrze »

I've never met a hound that couldn't handle the Tritronics #1. Save your $, put it towards an extra collar/receiver. Go w/ the Classic 70 or Trashbreaker.
Playboy Kennels - Got rabbit? ~ (703) 989-4079 ~ PlayboyKennels@gmail.com

Home of FC OTIS' BIG JOHN

Past home of FC DEATON'S BO & FC DEVIL'S HOLE HONEY BEE

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

But can I mimic a nick by quikly depressing and letting go of the continuious stimulation button on the G2 classic 70 exp. I don't know if I'm being clear on the question....Deerhost

Northwind Kennel

Post by Northwind Kennel »

You can nick w/ the 70. Hold the collar in your hand and you can easily figure out how to nick with it. Start on a 1 and figure out how long to hold the button down for a nick.

My big knock on tri tronics is that the 70's and trash breakers, only have " high" settings. Depending on the " softness' or " hardness" of a dog, level 1 may be too much . It isnt as evident as much when training hounds , because of the type of training you do with ecollars.
I just sent back a Trash Breaker and went with a 100 for the beagles. It was just too hot even on one. I compared it to my 500 and 100 and the one was more like a high 2 on the 500/100. I talked to them about this. They said the field series are used mostly for trash breaking etc.. I said, I thought that's why they go up to 6! They do have the best out there in my opinion especially now that you can put 6 collars on one transmitter. I just wish a one wasn't a two.

zambron

Post by zambron »

i have a trashbreaker and love mine on 1 you can hardly feel it just tap the button if you want to nick them and once they learn the tone you dont have to shock them that just my 2 cents

jdmart

Post by jdmart »

I have owned 3 Classic 70 sets and now have a Trashbreaker Ultra, if they can't handle 1 they are probably not going into the briars either. It might hurt them! I have some dogs that 1 never phases then, even with the collar plenty tight. Save the money the Classic 70 will work fine.

B.Trull

Post by B.Trull »

jdmart wrote:I have owned 3 Classic 70 sets and now have a Trashbreaker Ultra, if they can't handle 1 they are probably not going into the briars either. It might hurt them! I have some dogs that 1 never phases then, even with the collar plenty tight. Save the money the Classic 70 will work fine.

You should learn something about dog training before you post ignorant comments like that. " softness" or "hardness" refers to the level of correction needed for the dogs to respond to the command of the handler. I have worked soft shepherds that would tear off your arm, but could be fully controlled with a medium voice tone. What level an individual hunting dogs responds to differs; it doesnt make them " tougher" or a " better" hound. There is no reason tri tronics couldnt put a switch on their product to give both high and low settings.

Big River Beagles S

Post by Big River Beagles S »

I agree with trull I have one the hardest hunting females I have ever owned and she can't handle electricity what so ever, I went with the field 90 and I use 1 on the nick for 2 or 3 dogs and thats all they need for minor correction, The one female I talked about previously would walk behind you for some time after you hit her with the field 70 on the 1 setting I didn't care for that. You really need to know the dog before you use an e collar on it I have seen guys ruin dogs that have had potential from over use of one. just my opinion.

SilverZuk

Post by SilverZuk »

I have a gip that if you do more than bump her, she will walk with you for 15 or 20 minutes before she starts to hunt again.

I have another gip that you can burn her head off (offgame), she screams, peels off the track, and goes back to hunting before she gets back to you.

Both are good dogs.
Just like people, some are soft hearted and others don't care if you throw rocks at them.

mrwvsportsman

yes

Post by mrwvsportsman »

Or could I just nick by quikly depressingand releasing the continuous stimmulation button on the classic 70 exp and saving the extra $60 bucks
To answer your question...yes you can nick or bump with the classic 70 just by tapping the control.
If you were on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

mo. beagler

Post by mo. beagler »

since I am going to buy one verry soon I am also interested. Not everyone agrees on the model but do most agree on the brand tritronics?
And that chip eisenhut Is the guy to talk to? Does he use this board?
GOD FAMILY COUNTRY

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

mo. beagler wrote: And that chip eisenhut Is the guy to talk to? Does he use this board?
Yea he uses this board. And he has a website too.
http://www.eisenhutdogsupplies.com/

coolbrze

Post by coolbrze »

mo. beagler wrote:since I am going to buy one verry soon I am also interested. Not everyone agrees on the model but do most agree on the brand tritronics?
And that chip eisenhut Is the guy to talk to? Does he use this board?
Tritronics is hard to beat, and so is Chip Eisenhut. He's a good guy, he'll steer you straight.
Playboy Kennels - Got rabbit? ~ (703) 989-4079 ~ PlayboyKennels@gmail.com

Home of FC OTIS' BIG JOHN

Past home of FC DEATON'S BO & FC DEVIL'S HOLE HONEY BEE

Chip E

Shock Collars

Post by Chip E »

I sent you a pm did you get it if not e-mail me and let me know

Thanks Chip Eisenhut
Eisenhut Dog Supplies