Coyotes - no problem

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mspaci

Post by mspaci »

That was too wild, I thought those yotes would run to the next county. I cant believe they hole up like that. That makes me want to go out & get some coyote dogs. Mike

Emery

Post by Emery »

Some people let the dogs kill them, others shoot them. I guess it is a style of hunting. Some people don't mind taking their dogs to the vet to have their faces sewed back up. Most guys that let the dogs to the dirty work have a kill dog (i.e. that black dog). I know a few guys that use plotts for that as they are a little meaner dog. Anyway, that was pretty awesome and thanks for posting it.

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

coolbrze

Post by coolbrze »

Emery thats what I was thinking. I wasn't sure what type of kill dog would be needed, was thinking pit bull or something, but I guess any big strong do that knows what to do would work.
Playboy Kennels - Got rabbit? ~ (703) 989-4079 ~ PlayboyKennels@gmail.com

Home of FC OTIS' BIG JOHN

Past home of FC DEATON'S BO & FC DEVIL'S HOLE HONEY BEE

burbba

Post by burbba »

ahhh, i needed that!

Thanks for posting

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

I'd like to have seen some big ole country blueticks on those
coyotes too .
Showed the video to my dad , I think he liked it pretty good
I was sure impressed again :shock: ;) :cool:

Buddy
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

Emery

Post by Emery »

mspaci wrote:That was too wild, I thought those yotes would run to the next county. I cant believe they hole up like that. That makes me want to go out & get some coyote dogs. Mike
They don't hole up like that. What you see on the video is after hours of running. They finally wear the yote out and he can't keep in front of the hounds anymore and he backs up in a corner to defend himself.

On another note, in Wis (according to my brother) the law states that once you get up to the yote, you are supposed to dispatch it with a gun. I guess the libs think it is ok for a yote to do that their own prey but not for us to return the favor.
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

TomMN

Post by TomMN »

Coyote hunting with hounds is a great sport. If you like hunting with hounds you should give it a try. It is a group effort, most coyote hunters welcome new recruits as long as you follow the unwritten rules (some guys will send you packing if you pull out a rifle and start banging, others will beat you to it).

Emery is right, coyotes can run 10 miles without breaking a sweat. It takes some way better than average hounds to catch coyotes on bare ground regularly.

The down side to this kind of hunting is that you don't have any control over where you will end up. It won't work in areas with lots of houses and busy roads. The coyote hunters I know hunt in areas where they have permission from most of the landowners. They also carry a plat book and a cell phone and call landowners if the dogs get somewhere they don't have permission to be. Even then, every year they run into trouble sooner or later. Most farmers are happy to have you killing coyotes but the people that buy 10 acres and move out to the country will give you trouble every time.

Thank goodness there are still places in this country rural enough that you can chase coyotes with hounds. I don't think I would want to live here anymore the day it fills up so much that you can't.

JUDE

reddog1

Post by JUDE »

Chuck Norris from MI. AKA reddog1 uses his PATCH & Red beagles to coyote hunt . He said that he almost feels sorry for any coyote that turns on his hounds :bash: . Now that's some tough beagles :!:

Here's his web site :

http://www.earlyautumnkennel.com/males.html

Buddy
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

TBrabbitman

Post by TBrabbitman »

Man that's some good stuff
workin
for the man
Huntin when i
can

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

that was the best video i have ever seen . one thing i love <hounds> giving it to something I hate <yotes>. I looked into coyote hounds and they can run you some $$$$$. I though a good coon or bear dog was alot of money. keep runnin the hair off them

sam

rabbithunter110

Post by rabbithunter110 »

That was awesome!
C&R Kennels

Look us up online @
http://www.cr.beagletown.com