brents primetime

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sem

brents primetime

Post by sem »

can you guys tell me a little about this hound. how he runs and what kind of pups have came out of him. is he still around and where

thanks

windsplitters

Primetime

Post by windsplitters »

he is dead.

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

i had a pup 3 year old out of him
excelent dog
primetime was notorious for throwing big dogs
primetime dogs are usally fast
i think prime time trail blazer is the olny champ to come out of him but i could be wrong

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

never seen primetime go but i know he was not trialed till the age of 6 yrs,why?i don't know and he died of kidney failure.

he is the top reproducer in every class in akc,his offpring are known to have line control,hunt and foot.

hills primetime trailblazer is the closest you can get to the real thing,he is a fine hound.better beaglings high point hound of the year for 06.this months issue of better beagling has blaze on the front and a nice right up on him.

i have a litter of pups on the way out of him and my primetime female.
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

WELLS WOODS

Prime Time

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I owned and finished Prime Time; he was a great hound that lived to run and had more desire than any hound I've had. I got him when he was around 6 years old just to breed; he hadn't ever been trialed, but after running him for about a month, I knew he could probably still make FC if I could get him to the trials. He was unbelievably fast with control and had a strong nose. Most people that saw him run at the trials loved him and many bred to him after he finished in 2003. So far he has produced 3 FC's ; FC Talkabout Kellie, FC GMC's Primetime Peeka-Boo & FC Hill's Primetime Trailblazer. He also has a few others with wins and many great young prospects that I've either seen or heard about. I think he may have got into poison during a hunting trip in Jan. 2006. They ran a rabbit behind some houses and he was gone for about 30 minutes. The next morning he wouldn't come out of his doghouse; the vet said it was his kidneys and there was no hope. He was suffering, so I had him put to sleep. I wish he was still around, but at least he got his chance to prove what he could do; in the field and as a producer. Greg Wells.