Merle Crain Information on Dog sold to Mike Cron Needed

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bob huffman

Post by bob huffman »

I have experience with a feedback board dealing with items sold and customer satisfaction. I have sold about 3,000 items on ebay. Each customer has the option of leaving a feedback whether good or bad. I also have that option as the seller. There are no rules and anyone can say anything they want and it can't be removed only in certain circumstances. Most of the happy buyers don't leave a feedback becuase they are happy with their purchase. of the 3,000 itmes I have sold, I have recieved 570 positive feedbacks and 8 negative feedbacks. Most of the negs were caused by the item not showing up and the buyer blaming the seller saying they didn't ship the item. As Bev can tell you, the PO is not perfect. The last 2 negs I got were from a man that had 2 aution items shipped in one box to him by me. The PO lost his box and instead of being reasonable and asking me about it, he just went in and left me 2 negative feedbacks saying I rtipped him off and didn't send his items. He also said he asked for insurance and I didn't buy it for him. Truth is he never asked for insurance and I DID send his box with the 2 items in it. Even though he didn't ask for insurance, I insured it anyway and after he had calmed down, I snt him his insurance ticket proving that I had sent the items. It didn't matter and the negatives will remain because they can't be removed unless both parties agree and I pay 20.00 for a mediator. I have 6 other feedbacks that are negative and they involve the mostly the same thing. Never mind the 3,000 items I have sold sight unseen and people were happy with there purchase. it only takes one dumb hothead to ruin an otherwise good feedback profile. After I recieved those last 2 negatives from the jerk, my business dropped of sharply, but is now starting to pick up again. In one aay it is a good thing to have feedback because as wingpatch eluded to, people are more honest if they know they are being watched. This has been proven many times in research when people answering a poll were told they will subject to a lie detector test afterwards. There answers to the poll were much differant than when they took it scott free with no follow up. What peolpe say and waht they do are often 2 differant things. Good luck!

DarrinG

Post by DarrinG »

I also believe that the VAST majority of beaglers are good honest folks. Yeah there are a few puppy mills and dog jockeys out there, but by word-of-mouth among beaglers, their reputation gets out pretty fast.

I must agree with Bev that this is turning into a witch hunt. What we gonna do, start burning crosses in yards? As for a rating system, what about the negative posts that arise just because someone with a bad attitude gets "smoked" at a trial and decides to take his aggressions out on the winner on the "rating board"?? Dont think it would happen? I bet with time it would! Innocent folks getting blasted world-wide on the net?

We have the luxuries of e-mail, instant messengers, private messengers on BB's, etc., to let friends know not to deal with someone with a bad reputation. Seeing it plastered all over is kinda appaling and speaks negative volumes about us as beaglers. :oops:

Stop and think about it!

Just my $0.02
+++
He's coming....are you ready?

blackdirt beagles

Post by blackdirt beagles »

like i said in my previous posts: a list like this will only be as good as the people using it. if a bunch of idiots and liars make the posts then they would be about as bad as the alleged dishonest dealers they post about. i also believe that the majority of beaglers are great, honest people, so i think that the rating system would be pretty accurate. an intelligent person wouldnt go by the info on that alone anyway. this would be just another place to get an opinion on a dealer or kennel. the smartest place to buy a dog is in the timber, we all know that (or should).for example: some guy in Ohio may have dogs for sale of my line i keep, so i could check on the list and if he has 10 or even 1 "bad mark" i could then say, ok maybe i shouldnt take off 1 day of work and waste my gas money to go look at a dog that may or may not be as described . thats how i would use the list. it would just be one more option for a buyer to get info.

wingpatch

????

Post by wingpatch »

I have heard so many people talk about our hunting rights being at stake & young beaglers and hunters are our future. It is really ashame that Dog dealers would take a chance on discourageing A person in beagleing, We need everone we can get old & young to help us keep our right to hunt.

And as far as letting everone know about someone that flat lies & cheats someone. Why not ,Do you think for one miniute they dont know they are a crook .They just dont like to get called out on it

Wingpatch

Post by Guest »

this is about people not getting their papers, right/??? or did someone get ripped off for a dog,,, or money for a dog???? i guess if it happens over and over again, a pattern can be seen, but i know that things can happen with papers. it happened to me, where i didn't get papers i was supposed to get and pass on to someone. i imagine they thought i had intentionally shafted them, but sometimes #$%& happens.
having met merle recently when he transported a couple of dogs down here i must say he seems like a really nice guy.

DarrinG

Post by DarrinG »

Brian, I think I understand where you are coming from and realize you have the best of intentions, but I still believe this (if a "rating" system really ever develops) could and will harm some innocent folks.

Just as easily as redtick could use an alias and rate you very bad and post flat-out lies about you (not saying that would happen, but using it as an example) just because he and you rubbed each other wrong on a bulletin board! The guy reading it could label you just as you posted...not taking a day off work to drive to your place to see a potentially great dog!

Just for the record, I detest puppy mills and dishonest dog dealers. Makes everyone who decides to sell a beagle (even if their 1st one or their thousandth one) come under some type of scrutiny from someone, somewhere. I just feel public bashing of them (mills and bad jockeys) will also eventually harm innocent folks too.
+++
He's coming....are you ready?

blackdirt beagles

I hear where your coming from too Darrin. sometimes my brain gets stuck thinking about things that would work in a "perfect world" :???: but in the real world they might not work out quite as planned.

wvrabbithunter

Post by wvrabbithunter »

ok maybe,if people posted about good deals,like me i just bough a pup from lynn perkins and i must say he really made sure that i was happy with the deal,he didn't want any money untill i picked up the pup.no deposit,nothing i felt so good after talking to him on the phone about picking a pup that i had him pick mine for me.grate deal and a nice pup.bough one from plowboy about a year ago grate deal nice guy,brough one from dennis down in ok.grate deal,i have had two ifee deal one i got my money,and one i got out of before i got beat,there are alot of good beaglers out their to deal with i like to hear about them also
thanks

Big Dog

dog dealing

Post by Big Dog »

I have had some very positive experiences with guys that post on this board. I have either bought dogs from or sold dogs to the following individuals, BRian Joiner, Darrin Glenn, Rick Burkholder, Randy Vanosdale and must say that all of these guys are stand up guys that do what they say and don't lie on their dogs. I have also had some not so positive dealings with one guy and would never recommend him to anyone and would never buy another dog from him if he was the last dog dealer on earth. I stand behind any dog that I sell and I am not hard up for money so If you take a dog from me and he doesn't do what I said he would then bring him back and I will give you all of your money back. That is the way I do business. I try to be honest about what a dog will and will not do up front so that a guy knows what he is getting. If others would do the same this game would be a lot more pleasant.

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

BH

Post by BH »

I understand both sides but think for the best part is it better to let personal stuff like saying who you think is a crook be told in private and not for everyone to read. Glad to hear more beaglers are honest than crooks! ;) But we need to run them crooks out of business!
Dog box $500, Shock collar $600, Tracking collar $1,000, pick up truck 22,000, A kid shooting his first rabbit PRISELESS
Thanks Jeff

DG TX

Post by DG TX »

The best tool to get a crook out of our sport is to contact the registry that that hound in question is "suppose" to represent. A registry worth it's salt will get involved and investigate and follow thru to an end result! All this "gum beatin" on here ain't getting nothing solved.
If a seller/breeder is above board, he should not mind a contract of some kind stating "what is involved". Especially when $100's of dollars are involved with a grown hound.

Little Dog

Post by Little Dog »

:twisted:
Last edited by Little Dog on Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The best dog is the dog that pleases you the best"

bowhunter59

rfj

Post by bowhunter59 »

i to have bought good dogs from a few folks terry vanosdale is a great guy! ted peercy is tooo!and i'm sure there are many other honest folks who can be trusted but the man in whom this discussion was started is not on my list of good ones!
god is so good!

snowshoehareguide

Post by snowshoehareguide »

rating board..... make people sign their real name and phone number and you will eliminate a lot of bull... pete

blackdirt beagles

i totally agree pete, but im in the minotity on this it looks like. who knows, after my last dog sale i might be on "the list" :shock: . i gave the guy a week trial and said keep me informed. i emailed him twice in that weeks time and no reply. so when the week was up, i sent an email that said "guess you like the dog, the deal is done". that was yesterday so now im waitin for "the call" that says he doesnt want the dog. he'll be surprised when i say hey around here a week means seven days so thank you for your purchase.