Merle Crain Information on Dog sold to Mike Cron Needed

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

power

selling on the net

Post by power »

I USED TO SELL DOGS ON THE INTERNET. I FOUND IF A GUY SPENT OVER $200 HE EXPECTED THE DOG TO BE PERFECT AND A WORLD CHAMPION. I HAD GUYS RABBIT HUTN A DOG FOR MONTHS AND THEN CALL AND WANT THEIR MONEY BACK..... I HAD AN IDIOT WHO GETS ONTHESE BOARDS NOW AND THEN AFTER 3 MOS. OF OWNING HOUND WANT $4 BACK FOR A DOG HE ADMITTED COULD REALLY JUMP AND RUN ITS OWN RABIT... HE JUST DIDNT LIKE KENNEL MANNERS......AND HIS BOY TRIED TO STOP A DOG FIGHT AND GOT BIT..... I JUST DONT TRUST ENOUGH PEOPLE OUT THERE TO SELL FOR PROFIT ANYMORE... NOT SAYING THIS IS THE PROBLEM HERE... JUST KNOW IF HOUND ISNT PERFECT MOST WANNA GET$$$ BACK... EVEN IF THEY WERE NOT PROMISED A PERFECT HOUND..... GARY RATLEY

B.Trull

Post by B.Trull »

How can anyone make a livin selling hounds ? Look folks, this is a sport we don't need these dogs of any breed to survive to hunt any form of game. We do this cause we like/love it and this is what we do. If I wanted to eat I would just go out back here and shoot a deer, alot more meat and no need to have hounds to shoot a vermin deer here in indiana !!!! Plus no need to feed, worm, or have hounds. Sure some of us are small breeders, kennels that occasionally sell hounds , but how many of us really depend on this for our sole source of income ? Anyway if God came to me and said you could only have one breed of dog to live off of it would be my German Shepard out here, who trees, could do minimal type of hunting and protection work, not a 20lb beagle !!! We beagle people would do better if we would look to some other working breeds outside the hound world for standards , breedings and the such.
My 2 cents I think this Merle thread has worn out

LonePine Kennel
Bowling green, Indiana

trackman

Merle thread

Post by trackman »

Yep you are right this Merle thread has turned into a complete sweater and then run out. What started as a simple inquiry into what this particular dog is, (I still don't know) and an expression of dissatisfaction with standards of service from a breeder. Has snowballed into whether or not there should be a rating board, whether or not dog jockeys should be trusted, whether or not a person should be responsible for a dog after it is sold, etc. etc. etc. This was not my first intention, all I wanted was a simple phone call and explanation. I am not a complainer, I did not buy this dog for his rabbit hunting skills, I bought him for his lines and registration, which was supposed to be AKC/Bramlett. The ONLY time I would question the way a dog hunts is if I am told he is the absolute best at his game and I pay loads of money for him. To be honest that was not the case here, the amount I paid was for an AKC paper and Bramlett lines not the hunt of the dog. Is it too much to ask that if a dog is not papered as one is told, someone should be responsible? You could say I should not have taken the dog without the papers, if I had been the one to pick the dog up, I would agree with you. I was not, I sent an employee to pick it up and they did not think it was a problem. So yeah this board has gone off into many other subjects, but the base is still the same, don't sell something on a promise that can't be kept. Word does get around. My final thoughts, no more to come I am done with the "Merle Crain Line". I suggest the rest of us do the same. Lesson learned.