Merle Crain Information on Dog sold to Mike Cron Needed

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Rock Bottom

Post by Rock Bottom »

Mike, Hey from us in Indiana. I have delt with Merle several times myself. I also know a few of the guys he gets dogs from. He does sell some REAL good dogs. His problem is he has too many irons in the fire. He will get back to you in time. It may be a LONG time but he will. I will watch your post and will contact him if you would like. I know he will take my call. Bryan

bob huffman

Post by bob huffman »

There are also differant kinds of dog owners wingpatch. The kinds that want a great dog for 300.00 and the ones that are not smart enough to know who has good dogs. There are those who get lucky and get a good pup from a bad litter and think they know it all now, There are those that can sort through all the bull and go to a good breeder who guarentees his stock because he knows they are good because he knows the family and is a real breeder and not just a dating service!!! I would venture to say that 50% of Beagle owners don't know squat about Beagle stock. Just the nature of things and no ones fault but it is a reality.

blackdirt beagles

Post by blackdirt beagles »

mikes a "dog man". he's owned his share of beagles and knows what he wants. ive sold him a few this spring and he asks all the right questions. ive sold him a couple dogs AKC and a couple NKC ones. he was very clear with me and i was clear with him. we had a couple of very good transactions. i would say mike is in the "good" 50 % of beaglers. the only mistake made in this new transaction of his was merle "forgetting :roll: " to send the papers with dog hauler. if i made my living for 20 years selling dogs, i would bet that i would get pretty good at it (or go broke) and things like paperwork and returning calls would be pretty routine. maybe it is all good and fine but i bet if mike would have sent a bad check, that merle would answer that phone a lot quicker, considering bev got right thru so quick. isnt caller ID a wonderful invention :twisted: .

MasonsBeagles

Dog Traders

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Not returning phone calls is inexcusable. I thought he was aware, not a good answer.

Enough said for me. Seems to be a trend.

bob huffman

Post by bob huffman »

I wasn't talking about Mike. Talking about dog deals in general as for wingpatch. Don't marry a woman unless you know her well and know something about marriage. Same with a Beagle.

wingpatch

????

Post by wingpatch »

After 45 years of following hounds, I have a real good understanding Of them. What i dont have a understanding about is people :!:

Wingpatch

snowshoehareguide

Re: ????

Post by snowshoehareguide »

wingpatch wrote:After 45 years of following hounds, I have a real good understanding Of them. What i dont have a understanding about is people :!:

Wingpatch
m wing i agree with you 100% on this one.. pete

trackman

Thanks Guys

Post by trackman »

Thanks guys---especially Brian, I think it is pretty bad when a buyer gets blamed for the bad business skills of another. Lets face it there really isn't an excuse for unreturned phone calls, misunderstandings about conversations, and "forgotten" papers that don't exist in the first place. Things like that should not be heaped on a buyer, that is the sellers job. Buyer just puts up the money. You buy a bad dog it is your own fault, granted----but when you buy a dog good or bad, and you are told there are papers---there should be----when you call someone and leave a message----they should call back. None of the can be blamed on buyer ignorance, they are all products of seller neglect.
ANYWAY.................Merle has his chance now to make good with me I am giving him the benefit of the doubt as Bev seems pretty sure he will come through. I will let you know if he does. I hope so.......... :neutral:

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Me too! :shock:

Post by Guest »

He has been doing this for years on end and will keep doing so. That is until people start spreading the word more. I have a friend who bought 3 dogs off of Merle back in the 80's and they were gurantted . Until the buyer left the driveway. As my friend has said "Merle better hopes she out lives me or we will meet again"

Robert W. Mccoy Jr

Post by Robert W. Mccoy Jr »

As they say if you don't know the dog you better know the man :)

I think dog jockeys are great they either force you to get out of beagling or to learn it :lol:

I definatly learned the hard way.

bowhunter59

dfzh

Post by bowhunter59 »

well thx for putting this post up 2 weeks 2 late i bought one off merle and he said she handle well she is young so i was not asking the world out of the dog but i cant even take her hunting yet because i couldnt catch her if i let her go!and he wont return my phone calls either!if i do not hear from him or she comes around by the time i get my next mag. his address better not be in it cause i will drive trhere in a heartbeat and get this right !so who's gonna bail me out!
god is so good!

DG TX

Post by DG TX »

Well let's see here boys & girls, class is nearly over! :D Before we go,let's have a little review. Can anyone tell us what we have learned here today :?: :twisted: :cry:

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Sorry to say, this creek runs both ways...Patch

AlabamaSwamper

Post by AlabamaSwamper »

I have seen enough to know that I will never buy anything from him. Hearing these stories should teach you all a lesson. I don't care how good his dogs may be or how "busy" he says he is. It just seems funny that Bev and others can get him but folks that he has cheated can't. Nope, I'll steer clear of him.
"No stronger bond exist than that between a man and his dog."

Link to RabbitDawg board. (Old Southernbeagles board)
http://www.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=6643