Double Turbo????

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jump_dogg

Double Turbo????

Post by jump_dogg »

Could I get some opinions on the double Turbo crosses out there? The good, the bad, and the ugly please? Thanks

rugens beagles

double turbo

Post by rugens beagles »

not wanting to fight, but what i have seen is wayyyyyyyyy TO MUCH MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Maynard

Post by Michael Maynard »

I have several young dogs that are double Turbo bred, and have never had any problems with extra mouth. I have only seen hard hunt, honest mouths out of the cross. I think even being double turbo you still have to look at the good and bad qualities of the sire and dam, and try to find the ones with the qualities you like, no matter what bloodline. I'm sure with breeding close you will have bad traits as well,but some will have the traits your looking for. Some problems I've seen is some will have overbites, with the cross.

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

I made a double Turbo cross. Sommer X Showboat.

The ones I started didnt have any extra mouth.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

taylorskennels

Post by taylorskennels »

My brother bought a double turbo bred pup off of Mr. Crabtree. Tugboat is a good clean dog that runs the line like he is glued to it.He may actually be a lil to clean for arha but in the few trials we have had him in he has done excellent and as far as conformation in hound he has done made bench champion.

Big Dog

turbo

Post by Big Dog »

The ones that I have seen out of the more conservative with their mouth Turbo dogs like Showboat or Dreamboat have been just fine; however some of the others have had quite a bit of extra mouth. As someone else said you have to look at the parents before making the cross. If both of them are on edge with their mouths then I would almost bet the pups are gonna have extra mouth.

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

jump_dogg

Post by jump_dogg »

btt

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Does a double turbo dog mean they are supercharged? :roll:
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

I have two double turbo females. My reggie female is very honest and is very good wth her mouth. When she opens the rabbit is up. My Sport female opens a tad bit early than what i like, but i have only had her a few months so i'm still trying to guage her. When she does open she is moving the line, but the pack will follow her about 50 yards before they join in and open with her. I got her popping off for the first time Sunday when i ran, but i seen a few little rabbits come flying out of where she was. I'm not being to critical on her becasue she needs to be solo before i can really say what i have. Both of these females have a ton hunt and search ability. They are both great dogs that can flat out move a rabbit. When these two feamles hit track together the race is on. My reggie female has solid line control, and it looks like my sport feamel is a little faster and may start to swing as she gets older (only time will tell). She is fast and has the ability to come out and around when ever she wants.

I like what i see in both of them. Do your homework on the sire and dam like mentioned above. IF i could afford more of these double turbo's my whole kennel would be full of them! I like these two females that much!

13 months old
----------------------FC TURBO POWERED BY PROP
--------------IFC GREENWELLS REGGIE
----------------------MARAVICS BLUE GIRL
---DOUBLE PROP HANNA
--------------FC PERRYS PEPPER
----------------------PERRYS MUSTANG SALLY
and

-------------LP RCH TURBO SUPER SPORT
---------------------FC TALKABOUT BLUEBERRY
--- TURBO’S LAST CHANCE HALEY
------------MARGARITAVILLES LAST CHANCE
---------------------MARGARITAVILLE MO
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

redpup

Post by redpup »

you have to look at the females that were bred to turbo because this is where the mouth is comming from. turbo or his parents had no extra mouth. i ran with all 3 no extra mouth.
my opinon on pups, they will be very aggressive wanting to beat there competition. will get a little wooley while young. they will smooth out between 3-5 yrs old, then look out because they will be hard to beat.
jmo