Why Beagles ARE The Best

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

beaglesarethebest

Why Beagles ARE The Best

Post by beaglesarethebest »

i raise english bulldogs,well,taday one of my females had a litter,first litter and i had a c saection performed on her,well,i brought the litter hme,3 males and 3 females,and the new momma wanted absolutely nothing to do with them,she actually attaced one of them injuring it and it needed stitches across its face and nose,she cut it pretty deep to where blood was running down his nostrels into his lungs,so i knew she was not going to whelp them so i went and got bottles and replacement milk,well,as you know,the mothers milk protects the pups against disease and so on,and i really wanted some wqy to let them nurse,then it hit me.......

i just pulled a female beagle,boldstroke bred,off a litter of reggie pups last night,so i guess you could say i had a boldstroke brainstorm

i put the bullie pups in with the beagle female,and she immediately started licking and cleaning them,stimulating them to urinate and poo,and then it happened,she laid down and the began nursing,she is full of milk,and took awesome care of the litter she just had,the vet said she would continue producing milk as long as something is feeding off her,so,what started out as a bad day,is lookin up,thanks to a good hearted beagle
Now U know how I got my name...and NO this is not MY story.
Beagles Are Like Potato Chips You Can't Just Have One.

Windkist

Post by Windkist »

Beagles are great mothers. I routinely switch babies around if necessary. I had one bitch who only had 1 and another with 6 so, I gave the other one an extra to go with her single one. At one time I had a beagle nursing a E. Foxhound puppy and kittens..LOL it was a wierd sight! My girls are always trying to steal all the babies!

Great story!!

Leah
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

I had a somewhat similar situation here back in July and ended up with my Honey nursing her six and the other bitches five!

I really wish Leah had a picture of that beagle with the foxhounds and kittens, lol!!
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

I had a friend who has since passed, an old-time beagler who had 3 accidental breedings at once, pups born within days of each other, and all 3 females nursed all 3 litters. Hard to tell what belonged to who, best I remember he had 17-19 pups running around at once. Remember, this was an old timer who cared little for pedigrees and thoroughly enjoyed his little hounds. Thought I'd share this, as it somewhat reinforces the title of the thread, good memories of a good friend and good little hounds. Hope all is well with the pups.

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

i have done this with chickens too had one hen once that raised some of her own chicks n 4 guineas 3 ducks all together :oops: :oops: :confused: :confused: :moon: :angel: :angry: :neutral: :oops: :shock: :crazy: :camo: :dunce: :drool: :halo: :haha: :haha: jb ps i just now learned how to use all these smileys jb :roll: :roll: :baby: :hammer: :hammer: :bozo: :blush: :blackeye: :confused: :cool: :crazy:
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

Windkist

Post by Windkist »

wvduece wrote:i have done this with chickens too had one hen once that raised some of her own chicks n 4 guineas 3 ducks all together :oops: :oops: :confused: :confused: :moon: :angel: :angry: :neutral: :oops: :shock: :crazy: :camo: :dunce: :drool: :halo: :haha: :haha: jb ps i just now learned how to use all these smileys jb :roll: :roll: :baby: :hammer: :hammer: :bozo: :blush: :blackeye: :confused: :cool: :crazy:
Oh no!!!!! someone take away his smiley button!!!! Pullleeeeeze! LOL

Leah
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map

DedRabbits

Post by DedRabbits »

Windkist wrote:
wvduece wrote:i have done this with chickens too had one hen once that raised some of her own chicks n 4 guineas 3 ducks all together :oops: :oops: :confused: :confused: :moon: :angel: :angry: :neutral: :oops: :shock: :crazy: :camo: :dunce: :drool: :halo: :haha: :haha: jb ps i just now learned how to use all these smileys jb :roll: :roll: :baby: :hammer: :hammer: :bozo: :blush: :blackeye: :confused: :cool: :crazy:
Oh no!!!!! someone take away his smiley button!!!! Pullleeeeeze! LOL

Leah
Oh I don't know, he's pretty good with those smiley's,lol
Bear's Woodsedge Daisy
Aspen Hollow Daisey II
Smoke Hollow Crankin' Cooter
and Just Call Me Suzy