Pride?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

tinymwoods

Pride?

Post by tinymwoods »

Who all here feeds Pride dog food? I have been feeding Chestnut Mtn for years but the 26-18 just went to $17.35. I don't see paying that much. It has done good, but that is ridiculous for what it is. I looked at Pro plan, but the regular label looks BAD, and the better feed is $26.99 @ Sam's. Just looking for opinions. Price as well as quality is important.
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

coolbrze

Post by coolbrze »

Mike - I've been feeding my kennels Black Gold 26/18 since January this year and they're doing real well on it. Good stamina, good weight, good price ($16/50 lb. bag) If you're interested, let me know how many bags you want, I'll bring it them to the next hunt, I usually carry a few bags and pyramid rabbit traps w/ me anyhow.
Playboy Kennels - Got rabbit? ~ (703) 989-4079 ~ PlayboyKennels@gmail.com

Home of FC OTIS' BIG JOHN

Past home of FC DEATON'S BO & FC DEVIL'S HOLE HONEY BEE

Drop_tine

Post by Drop_tine »

I feed 26/18 (the green bag). My dogs do good on it. Not much stool and good coats.

Went up to $16 a bag a few months ago. Not bad being if you add it up you can hardly get 50lbs of the WalMart stuff for $16.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

We do... $600 per ton
Bought some on a special $2 off... stock up when you can, it ain't getten no better. Purdy soon we'll start grinden pedigrees up with the culls to feed the keepers... :(

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

I get the Green Bag 26/18 for 13.99 if I buy #1000 at a time.

My dogs are doing OK on it.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

I have been using Pride Pro Series 21/17 all summer long. I am very happy with the results and might switch to the Orange bag Pro Series once I feed out what I have because of the higher protien level. My dogs have a slick coat and maintain their weight well at 1 3/4 cups of food per day.

I pay $15.50 including tax per 50#....or $14.50 per if I buy ten bags at a time.

Rneil

Pride Food

Post by Rneil »

I have been feeding my dogs pride for over a year and the dogs can go all day, nice coat and its easy on the kennel.
http://www.savgeroadbeagles.com
New site uploaded 2-5-08

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

I went to the 21/17 pro Pride and won't feed anything else. Very low kennel maintenance, excellent energy, coats, no negatives at all. When I'm not running, I feed a ridiculously small amount and they gain fat anyway. Never had a hound turn it down,either. I have fed about 10 different brand names over the past 37 years and I'm more satisfied with this than anything I ever fed.

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

add me to the list of people who feed pride and love it. green bag does good for me.

Catfish

Post by Catfish »

I feed the 26-18 Pride, and I love it. I Pay $15.00 a bag.

Catfish:
The best music is a pack of hounds pounding a rabbit track
R.ch Bad News Hunter
R.I.P. R.ch Haywood's come Back Kid
R.I.P Gr. R. Ch. Haywood's Precious Lady Garlick

dave404

Post by dave404 »

i have fed Pride for years now, dogs all look good and can run all day or nite.
Get this... my buddy also feeds Pride and his buddy has his dogs kenneled next to his and he feeds Purina, cant tell any difference in the dogs !!

Hare Hunter

Post by Hare Hunter »

I have been feeding Pride for over a year now and can't see any reason to change. $15.00 for 50 pounds. Hare
Earl Holbrook

TurnLeftBeagles

Post by TurnLeftBeagles »

My dogs have been on the 21/17 since it was introduced, I have no complaints.
Adam Deist
http://www.turnleftbeagles.com
H.o.F. hound Stump's KY Mtn. Chance @ stud

Ugly white dogs that chase rabbits and an ugly white dog that trees coons

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Hare Hunter wrote:I have been feeding Pride for over a year now and can't see any reason to change. $15.00 for 50 pounds. Hare
Hey Hare, If your free in a couple weeks, come to Bonnie's and visit. Gota bunch of pups to start, should be fun. Can you bring something along to show ours the way... :lol: ... My boys coming and we'd both like to see you again... He still got the Ranger patches you gave him in their place of honor, one on his computer board and the other on the refrigerator door...he's long outgrew the jacket he had it on... ;)

dannycrlsn

Post by dannycrlsn »

I too have been feeding pride for years (22% protein/16% fat brown bag) and my hounds do well on it. I pay $15.25/bag