Why Do Clubs Fail ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

Clubs fail because of things listed below.

1. Wrong format for the type of Dogs in the area.
2. Poor Judging :twisted:
3. Master of Hounds ruling with an iron fist.
4. Lack of game and or running grounds.
5. Just too far away from enough beaglers
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

clousewt

clubs

Post by clousewt »

My take on this would be making people who visit your club or enter a dog in a trial feel like they are an outsider and give them the cold shoulder treatment. I have been to 2 trials, I am not a trialer I just wanted to see what it was about and if it was for me. The first one I went to I felt like an outsider and felt like I didnt belong there. The second one I went to I felt welcome and even joined that club. I may not trial a dog but I will be back to watch the next trial. I am not the only one who was made to feel like they didnt belong, a good buddy of mine was treated the same way.
IN GOD WE TRUST!!! Patch Power

THALL

Post by THALL »

i visited the local arha club and ran two trials. I know for a fact my dog did not win her cast, but i had to show the judge the rule book three times. The arha rule book is simple and easy to learn, If the judges don't know the book inside out they shouldn't be judging. I think this club may fail because of no local support. I'll try again, but only because i want the club to make it.

randy37

Post by randy37 »

Running grounds especially good ones no long drive time to running grounds,keep beaglers coming back

paying judges and marshalls,keep the judges happy

good game cover / supply of rabbits

kitchen,what cant be said about a good kitchen.

when it comes to the group or handful of people running the club, If the above listed is in good supply.the club can operate with little stress and disagreements

good luck to all that run a club,by no means is this easy task,wish u well

NoBull

Post by NoBull »

So many good points above I couldn't quote them all. The only advice I could give is when you elect officers pick a president that is a responsible person someone who will represent your club well you want to be able to promote a well ran fun trial that is an enjoyable expeirence for everyone involved one of the best clubs I have been to had a president and officers who were older gentlemen who had retired from trialing also take good care of the people in the kitchen and all the people who help outside of officers as they are an invaluable asset that is rarely recognised a good kitchen will not only keep your entries up they will raise more funds for your club. Keep your first year or two cost low don't get to flashy and if possible with extra funds give back to your comunity this will help you in 2 ways mainly with helping your comunity makes property owners more open to giving you permission to run on there property and two by getting the word out about your club and bringing in more local beaglers and potential members. Good luck with your club I wish you the best and look forward to trialing at it someday.
Home Sweet Home Kentucky

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Most organizations whether Beagle Clubs or Major Corporations, fail or succeed based on the leadership of the organization.

Leaders must have a vision of what they want the organization to be and they must be able to communicate that vision in such a way as to motivate the right people to help them realize their vision.

Ed Brown

Why Clubs Fail

Post by Ed Brown »

Sorry about those many posts being the same, don't know what happened.

danny vansickle

Re: Why Clubs Fail

Post by danny vansickle »

Ed Brown wrote:Sorry about those many posts being the same, don't know what happened.

IT'S THE LIL ECHO GREMLIN BOUNCIN AROUND IN YOUR COMPUTER :lol:
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

Greensprings Kennel

Post by Greensprings Kennel »

I can say, being a hunter first, the first impression goes a long ways......If I walk into a club, and everyone is eating breakfast and b.s.ing., please offer some goshdurn food and don't treat me like an outsider..!! :???:
There are way too many clubs that treat a fellow beagler like some stranger that comes into the local waterin' hole..! We may not be from around there, or overly active members, but we show up to support YOUR club..! I don't go to "win", I go to fellowship and meet some new beaglers...I have literally walked into clubhouses and never had anyone say anything to me, as they stop and stare (including the boys putting on the hunt..!) and had to ask around to find my way to register to GIVE them my money..!! make some effort to be friendly.....hope the mid-west boys read this..!! :lol:

Hunter

Post by Hunter »

I have seen one fail due to not enough members. 4 members is not enough to run a club. Would have been great if we would have had at least 10. Just do not have the numbers here that liked to trial. Good luck to those that are still running.
cya, Hunter