hard hunting bloodlines

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

fastnfuriouskennel

hard hunting bloodlines

Post by fastnfuriouskennel »

Which bloodline has the hardest hunting dogs? Perferably females. I mean brush pile shredding and ticket busting hunt. Ive seen alot of dogs these days, that has, what I call, bird dog style hunt. Not knocking it, but they seem to cover alot of ground quick. Seen alot in trail hounds. I'm looking for a bloodline that has extreme hunt, even if it means giving up some the speed. Yours thoughts?
If your hounds aren't Fast-n-Furious! They might as well be barking up a Tree!

ohlinger.s

Re: hard hunting bloodlines

Post by ohlinger.s »

Dick McVay has made some extremely hard hunting crosses with Blitz. Some may not win an obedience certificate but get them listening to you and you've got a dog hunting for rabbits in every nook and cranny.

BlueGrass Boy 1

Post by BlueGrass Boy 1 »

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A PUP OR HOUND WITH EXTREME HUNT, I WOULD RECOMMEND TRYING TO FIND YOU A PUP OUT OF AKC FC & UKC HBCH BADGER'S BRUSH BANDIT. I'VE OWNED SEVERAL HOUNDS SIRED BY HIM & THE ONE THING THEY ALL HAD IN COMMON WAS EXTREME HUNT. YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO LOOK AT A FEW INDIAN HILLS OR BRANKO HOUNDS AS WELL. MY HOUNDS ARE MOSTLY INDIAN HILLS & BRANKO BRED, & THEY ALL HAVE REALLY GOOD HUNT. HUNT IS THE FIRST THING I EVALUATE IN A PUP OR A YOUNG RUNNING DOG. IF THEY WON'T HUNT TO MY STANDARDS THEY HAVE TO GO. JUST MY HONEST OPINION. YOU MAY HAVE TO CHECK OUT HOUNDS FROM A LOT OF DIFFERENT BLOODLINES BEFORE YOU FIND WHAT SUITS YOU. CHOOSE FOR YOURSELF & YOU'LL BE HAPPY.

shotgunner

Post by shotgunner »

i have some branko/northway breeding with extreme hunt,i also have 1 northway with extreme hunt.and 1 13" branko female with extreme hunt.alway looking for a rabbit,and plenty of stanina,never gives up.my opinion(and that all it is).branko,northway,or a cross of branko/northway
Kilgore's Kennels

cjgrabhunter

Post by cjgrabhunter »

I have seen many bloodlines run and my opinion is that the hardest hunting bloodlines out ther are Branko,Northway or Maravic they are absolutely full of hunt,no quit what so ever but that is my opinion but in my eyes these are the best there is.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Many bloodlines vary but I have had good luck with Branko bitches. Always come out bloody and crawl through the thickest stuff. Turbo dogs seem to have great hunt too. Rabbit Ridge Yogi (male) was the hardest hunting hound I ever seen. He had no regard for his body.

jlboomer

Post by jlboomer »

I like my patch stuff. its not the best in the world but its consistant and suites me.
J&M Beagles, Breeding for a true gundog and hunting partner

Sandy Valley

Post by Sandy Valley »

The patch hounds I've seen/owned have all had excellent hunt and complete disregard for their body LOL.

jlboomer

Post by jlboomer »

sandey valley i checked out your site you have some nice breed patch hounds. simmaler to most of my breeding.
J&M Beagles, Breeding for a true gundog and hunting partner

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

Try the townline from Jonnie Paycheck line, or theI Indian hille line from Indian hill Major, they both have great hunt and stamana, very tough dogs that will always compete in what ever condition their put in. Just my opion ,GOD BLESS

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

i like the hunt in iron eagle dogs...............

then i bred bandit to a tight bred northway/sock it to me bitch,and i have two males from that cross that hunt like bulldozers goin through brush.
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

i like the hunt in iron eagle dogs...............

then i bred bandit to a tight bred northway/sock it to me bitch,and i have two males from that cross that hunt like bulldozers goin through brush.
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

B.Trull

Post by B.Trull »

2 of the weircreek dogs I had were probably the hardest hunting , one was a jump dog supreme , but wasnt worth crap once the rabbit was up :cool:

bradadkins

Post by bradadkins »

Like some of said..Northway..Sock-it-to-me..etc..but I have seen good and bad in all. I'd say the cross me and you are gonna make this summer will be one too..shhhhhhhhhhhh its a secret :lol:
Last edited by bradadkins on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adkins Bluegrass Beagles
That's How I Roll

coolbrze

Post by coolbrze »

One word --- SHAKE!
Playboy Kennels - Got rabbit? ~ (703) 989-4079 ~ PlayboyKennels@gmail.com

Home of FC OTIS' BIG JOHN

Past home of FC DEATON'S BO & FC DEVIL'S HOLE HONEY BEE