What would you do?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Anderson Upland Beagles

What would you do?

Post by Anderson Upland Beagles »

ck this out this dog keeps coming to my kennel hes not very nice :shock: and the owner dont wanna keep him home he been 6 times I know what i can but will not or if he comes after me :yikes: :gunguy:

Joeyman

Re: What would you do?

Post by Joeyman »

I'd be hiding behind a fence....or throw him a pork chop he might become your friend...lol

Seriously I'd tell the owner of the dog to keep him put up. Hopefully you dont have small children playing outside.
Could be bad.
Last edited by Joeyman on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

beagle crazy

Post by beagle crazy »

Yeah, tell his humans to keep him home. And if that doesn't work, call the dog catcher and tell him to bring the cattle prod--that thing looks about the size of a cow :shock:

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

i would make freinds with him first... then I would soak him with skunk scent. A couple of times and the guy will never let him out of sight :cool:
Andy Purnell-Dead River Beagles
FC Purnell's Greens Valley Dixie
FC Purnell's Dead River Rebel RIP
FCGD Dead River Hare Razin Ruby
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Ranger
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Bloo Bell

jt&z's dad

Post by jt&z's dad »

Fasttrackpa that is the best idea I have ever heard of... :lol:
"Beagling is like wrestling, leave your excuses with your mommy" TallPaul 2008

warddog

Post by warddog »

I'd butcher that cow!

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

I have never heard the skunk scent solution, but I think that would cure a lot of what ails people that turn their dogs out on the world for everyone else to either care for or avoid. Skunk scent is available wherever deer scents are sold for bowhunters, Tink's is a good brand name. I'd say that diluting some in a small spray bottle or pouring the bottle directly down his back would work best. I have one that has been next door to me for a couple of years now that wouldn't go in the trap the dog catcher brought but I may get some skunk scent. By the same theme, anything that you could attach to the dog that is unpleasant that he would take home would probably keep him closer to his own home. I remember an elderly woman that raised a garden nearby for a few fresh vegetables. She complained to someone about 1/2 mile away that their pony was tearing up her plants. The owner denied that the pony was going that far so she caught it one day and tied a red plaid tablecloth to the pony and gave it a "switchin." She later called the owner and asked him if his pony had a tablecloth tied to him. The owner saw it and said "yes." She asked him to look on it, where she had written her name in permanent marker. She told him to take the tablecloth back to the owner. Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time!!!!!!
"My past is coming up into my future and messin' with my good life"--Jesco White, 1991
"I enjoyed myself from within myself on behalf of myself"--Jesco White, 1991

oakhill

Post by oakhill »

:approve: Daniel, I loveeeeeeeeee the skunk idea!!!!

Now I heard someone did this but would not advise it. They put a bunch of dried beans in a paper sack and tied it to he dogs tail. When that hound took off all he could hear was a loud rattle behind him. Now, the folks who owned the dog was not the least bit happy as they had to climb under the house to drag that dog out and cut the string off the tail. This day and age I guess you could get arrested for something like this as I just saw on tv a woman get arrested for dying her poodle pink with beet juice to raise the awareness for beast cancer. The dog in the picture looks to scary for me to tie a string on it and if I am correct not much of a tail there to latch on to. ;)
OAK HILL BLUETICK BEAGLES

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

sound like you have the same problum i had. MY Beagle had chaced him up the block hanging from his balls havent seen him in the yard since

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

My father-in-law has raised boxers for dozens of years and says that he has never seen one that was aggressive. He had one get out of the yard once and was killed by neighborhood dogs. I have personally never seen one that was anything but a big baby, but I'm sure there are exceptions.
"My past is coming up into my future and messin' with my good life"--Jesco White, 1991
"I enjoyed myself from within myself on behalf of myself"--Jesco White, 1991

Anderson Upland Beagles

Post by Anderson Upland Beagles »

help me out here please is that boxer or pitbull boxer mix ? being beagle man im not sure I thought by the colors and markings its part pitbull thank you

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

looks like a pure boxer, the picture make it look very big. is he acting tough in your yard?

mspaci

Post by mspaci »

Hey Chuck, hows it up in New Berlin, & how are those 2 little pups of yours. Honestly the skunk idea is great. Give a call we aint talked in a while. Mike

high ridge joe

Post by high ridge joe »

Chuck....
I love the SKUNK SCENT IDEA!!!!

As for the type of dog...It might be a Mastiff Mix of some kind...Maybe Mastiff X Boxer??

Big dog..too much bone and muscle for a Boxer..JMO...

Try the Skunk Scent or Teach it to chase deer...

Good Luck...

Joe T

Briarhoppers

Post by Briarhoppers »

Every heard of the 3 S's?
I'd first of all give the owner a number of complaints and then if the dog is causing problems, being aggressive (especially if there are children around) and the owner doesn't take responsibility for his dog then I do the 3 S's. If he's not being aggressive - a pain, I'd try the skunk idea...would at least be good for a laugh!
-Pete
PUCKETT CREEK RABBIT HOUNDS
http://our-southern-roots.com/