pups out of IFC Greenwell's Reggie

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

drifter22no1

pups out of IFC Greenwell's Reggie

Post by drifter22no1 »

I would like to take a female to reggie and would like to know how his pups are doing out of different females. I've seen a few run and really liked them so I would like to hear some other opinions id also like to know what the females you bred to him go back to
Last edited by drifter22no1 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah Staten
"Walkem when you have to and Catchem when you can"

danny vansickle

Re: pups out of IFC Greenwell's Reggie

Post by danny vansickle »

BEST THING TO DO IS COME DOWN AND RUN WITH KEVIN OR MYSELF,KEVIN HAS A VARIETY OF YOUNG DOGS OOUT OF REGGIE AND DIFFERENT FEMALES,I HAVE ONE,JESSIE.I HAVE ANOTHER READY TO START.

JESSIE IS HARD HITTING AND FAST,HUNTS HARD AND RUNS A DECENT LINE,KEVIN HAS SOME VERY NICE DOGS,COSMO IS OUT OF REGGIE AND TALKABOUT BLUE IRIS,TALKABOUT NICE,WOW,ROY NOE HAS ONE OUTTA THE SAME CROSS THAT IS A BEAST.KEVIN HAS TWO OUT OF REGGIE AND AWFUL BAWLIN HOSSER,LINE CONTROL SPEED AND DRIVE,THEY ARE RABBIT TECHNICIANS,I LIKE THE STUBBY TAILED ONE,HE LIKES FEDEX.

MOST REGGIE PUPS I HAVE SEEN HAVE A LOT OF HUNT,FOOT AND BLOW HARD OUT OF THE CHECK,THAT IS THE MAIN THING THAT STICKS OUT IS THE SCORING POWER,PUNCH I CALL IT.WHAT I LIKE IS SEEMS LIKE REGGIE PUPS DEVELOPE FAST,READY TO WIN AT 18 MONTHS OR SO,THEY HAVE BEEN,AKC,ARHA,UKC.

YOU CAN RUN REGGIE DOGS ANY FOERMAT,AS LONG AS YOU BREED THE RIGHT GYP,YOU GO AN BREED TO A SWARPIN SWINGIN DOG,YOU WILL GET SOME HARD HITTIN LP DOGS,BREED A NICE LINE DOG YOU CAN TAKLE THEM ANYWHERE AND WIN.
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

drifter22no1

Post by drifter22no1 »

Thanks for your relply Danny, Oh and congrats on your recent win at great miami. Yeah I have been down and ran once so far with Kevin and liked everything I saw, those dogs had everything you mentioned so I agree. Like all stud dogs there are people that take just any female to one just because the stud has a title but I would guess most r out of females that the guys like so I was interested in hearing different opinions along with concerns. The females I want to breed are all bred well within their line one is a big female that is line bred jigs on both sides she is a big female probably somewhere around 14 maybe 14 1/4 or so she has never been ran only started as a pup, had a nice chop mouth and seemed to have enough foot and desire. The reason I want to breed this particular female which belongs to a freind of mine is that cross was made one other time and all the pups (without exception) made really nice rabbit dogs and had plenty of everything.
Another one of the females is line bred jigs on top and out of a Branko bred female on bottom she is my female that has the same sire as the first female I talked about. she has a really nice chop mouth good line control and decent foot. she is a small female works a check fast and doesnt hesitate to go when she has it, she would probably go around 12 1/2 in. or so.
The third female I have is the dam to the female I just mentioned, she is line bred branko, lots of Jack of All Trades in her. She is also a small dog probably around 12 1/2 maybe 12 3/4 decent foot not wild by any means but is tight with her mouth. when the scenting conditions are good she uses plenty enough mouth.
Like I said I seen several of Kevins dogs outta reggie run and liked everything I saw but like I said just looking for other opinions on pups others have seen and would like to hear the pros and cons.
Oh yes I just wanted to ad, when I went down and ran with Kevin I took my little male he is the best I have right now and runs a nice rabbit close on checks etc. not a trial hound but a good rabbit dog that you can go out and kill rabbits over on any day. The first dog Kevin put down with him was a female that was around a two year old and for two hours I watched this female spank him properly. She had everything that he lacks plus some, very nice female, I told kevin then that I thought she was the best two year old I had ever seen. Later kevin picked her up and put down his 18 month old out of reggie a male also called reggie. By then it got dark on us and his Kennel partner was running dogs around the hill from us and the three he was running worked their way over to our two. One of those dogs was also a female out of reggie that was around two years old and although I couldnt see anything I sat and listened until midnight to those dogs pound and finish the spanking on my male that the first female started. I love to watch and listen to a good dog run and that night was fun to say the least.
Jonah Staten

BJK

Post by BJK »

I have 2 out of Reggie and FTCH Three Jays Jack's Magie. They maybe 11 or 12 months old. Both are smoking! Brains, Nose, Speed, Control, Mouth, Desire, and Hunt. The one thing I'm dissappointed with is their size. Right now they're 13" bitches when I was hoping for 14-15" By far the best pups that I've had at their age. I have 5 dogs out of Magie from 3 different sires and they are all keepers. I won't say it's all Reggie though but he did make a contribution. The one thing I do know, Magie is producing and breeding to Reggie didn't hurt. So with that being said, breed your best to the best, then cross your fingers. You never know when two bloodlines will niche.

drifter22no1

Post by drifter22no1 »

what is FTCH Three Jays Jack's Magie out of? and did any of them go big in that litter and what do you know about the others in the litter so far?
Jonah Staten

allniter

Post by allniter »

I breed a BLUE JASPER female to REGGIE--UNCLE TO NEICE --I kept them all --they were running at four months old just let a man in southern IN. have a couple males they were 14 1/2 "--I have [2] 14 1/2 males [2] 13" females and [1] male --I'M liking them so far ---all blues---good hunt --they are 8 months will run anything that will run from them :angry: :angry: -G2 is helping :lol: :lol: -they are starting to get the ideal --what to run and what not to ---

DOUG CHEEK
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

allniter wrote:I breed a BLUE JASPER female to REGGIE--UNCLE TO NEICE --I kept them all --they were running at four months old just let a man in southern IN. have a couple males they were 14 1/2 "--I have [2] 14 1/2 males [2] 13" females and [1] male --I'M liking them so far ---all blues---good hunt --they are 8 months will run anything that will run from them :angry: :angry: -G2 is helping :lol: :lol: -they are starting to get the ideal --what to run and what not to ---

DOUG CHEEK
I bet they smoke anything in front of them don't they????
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

allniter

Post by allniter »

they do sound good :lol: :lol: :lol: they do a good job at it when they do :hammer: :hammer:
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

modock kennels

Post by modock kennels »

i have an 11 month old pup out of reggie and he was the same way when he was younger, he ran a couple foxs or i think thats what they were and a few deer.... It was hard but with several times of bustin his ass i think he has got part of the message... i think if you can break them when they are young they will make you real dog.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

drifter22no1 wrote:Thanks for your relply Danny, Oh and congrats on your recent win at great miami. Yeah I have been down and ran once so far with Kevin and liked everything I saw, those dogs had everything you mentioned so I agree. Like all stud dogs there are people that take just any female to one just because the stud has a title but I would guess most r out of females that the guys like so I was interested in hearing different opinions along with concerns. The females I want to breed are all bred well within their line one is a big female that is line bred jigs on both sides she is a big female probably somewhere around 14 maybe 14 1/4 or so she has never been ran only started as a pup, had a nice chop mouth and seemed to have enough foot and desire. The reason I want to breed this particular female which belongs to a freind of mine is that cross was made one other time and all the pups (without exception) made really nice rabbit dogs and had plenty of everything.
Another one of the females is line bred jigs on top and out of a Branko bred female on bottom she is my female that has the same sire as the first female I talked about. she has a really nice chop mouth good line control and decent foot. she is a small female works a check fast and doesnt hesitate to go when she has it, she would probably go around 12 1/2 in. or so.
The third female I have is the dam to the female I just mentioned, she is line bred branko, lots of Jack of All Trades in her. She is also a small dog probably around 12 1/2 maybe 12 3/4 decent foot not wild by any means but is tight with her mouth. when the scenting conditions are good she uses plenty enough mouth.
Like I said I seen several of Kevins dogs outta reggie run and liked everything I saw but like I said just looking for other opinions on pups others have seen and would like to hear the pros and cons.
Oh yes I just wanted to ad, when I went down and ran with Kevin I took my little male he is the best I have right now and runs a nice rabbit close on checks etc. not a trial hound but a good rabbit dog that you can go out and kill rabbits over on any day. The first dog Kevin put down with him was a female that was around a two year old and for two hours I watched this female spank him properly. She had everything that he lacks plus some, very nice female, I told kevin then that I thought she was the best two year old I had ever seen. Later kevin picked her up and put down his 18 month old out of reggie a male also called reggie. By then it got dark on us and his Kennel partner was running dogs around the hill from us and the three he was running worked their way over to our two. One of those dogs was also a female out of reggie that was around two years old and although I couldnt see anything I sat and listened until midnight to those dogs pound and finish the spanking on my male that the first female started. I love to watch and listen to a good dog run and that night was fun to say the least.

did you get to see pebbles???
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
McDavids KY Lucky Charm

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

modock kennels wrote:i have an 11 month old pup out of reggie and he was the same way when he was younger, he ran a couple foxs or i think thats what they were and a few deer.... It was hard but with several times of bustin his ass i think he has got part of the message... i think if you can break them when they are young they will make you real dog.
My little reggie female loves deer! :mad2: it's the only thing she can't catch :D I haven't seen a turbo dog that wouldn't run them unless they where broke....
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
McDavids KY Lucky Charm

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I have an 11 month old female out of Reggie and a top and bottom bred Syris McGee bitch that is doing very well.As mentioned previously she also will fire out of a check and is accurate on the line. Seems to have a good nose and has a loud screaming bawl and chop mouth. A good looking and well built bitch standing around 14-14 1/4". Even at this age she is more than capable of running with stiff competition and getting her share of the work done.
I also have a 2 year old female that is out of Reggie's littermate brother-FC. Turbo Charged Thunder Blue -and Branko's Sassy Suzie that is the real deal. She's a light colored bluetick about 14" and can flat get it done. Very good in the check area and runs a very clean line and shows alot of foot on the high scent days and can gear down when it requires it.
Very pleased with both of these young hounds.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

modock kennels

Post by modock kennels »

shady grove what bitch is your reggie female out of exactly? sanford, mine is the same way

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Modock
My female is Reggie x Smoke's Creek Sy's Blue Bea. I believe she is a littermate to the blue male you got from Peter Burns. Pete and I are running buddies.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

modock kennels

Post by modock kennels »

ok makes sense now.....ok yea pete was a super nice guy when i meet him... i would like to run these dogs together sometime