Shipping dog in from Canada

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Big River Beagles S

Shipping dog in from Canada

Post by Big River Beagles S »

Has anyone ever had one shipped in from Canada? If so how much trouble was it and cost wise was it really expensive? I live in Iowa so I imagine Chicago would be the closest place if not St. Louis would be closer but don't know if they have customs office or not.

FST TRAC

Re: Shipping dog in from Canada

Post by FST TRAC »

I have shipped some in from canada and yes its pretty expensive. And if the dog is insured for over 2,000 dollars then u will have to bond the dog cause customs want let u get it until u do and thats around another 300 bucks but if its under 2,000 then u will be fine. Just a lot of hassle is all. hope this helped u out
your friend
FST TRAC
FST TRAC BEAGLES
Lavonia Georgia
http://www.freewebs.com/fsttrackennels/

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Four years ago it cost around $150.00 with crate, You can ship two pups in one crate at the same cost. It is probably closer to $200.00 now. Email Branko's kennel and they will be able to tell you exactly what it would cost. I don't think you have to ship to a customs airport.

Hare Hawk

Post by Hare Hawk »

Big River,

I will be picking up a puppy from Brankos kennels around May 17th. I don't know if your pup is in that area but I live down near Minneapolis MN. If your pup is in Brankos area maybe we could work something out. Let me know. peter.ament@gmail.com

Darryl

Post by Darryl »

Lots of americans come to the spring trials in Ontario, check the dates on http://www.beaglescanada.com Grand river and york counties and Oshawa usually draw a few from Mich . and New york .
Maybe you can save a few bucks this way.
Home of
FTCH Branko's Cornflower (sold)
FTCH Branko's Jimmy D
FTCH Branko's Bronson (rip)
FTCH Martin's LP 2Spot
IFC Branko's Dubonnet

Nor' Easter

Post by Nor' Easter »

Not too expensive, around $200.00 for one dog or two pups. Hard to get as far as Kentucky, but Chicago, Ohio, should be no problem and that's from the east coast which routes through Torono, Ontario. If out of Ontario or Quebec it would be easier and probably be able to route even farther. Needs to get there in one day because overnight they want big $'s to board them up. Otherwise a vet cert. within last 10 days.

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

i have shipped a few out of newfoundland to saint louis airport and i beleive it was 200 ...
home of the tailess wonder ...
Glaserhollowbeagles. owners. Tracy & Bettina skiles 314-808-6291.Image

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

My 1st cousin bought two pups from Branko last year . It cost UBU bucks after shipping
& travel to the airport then to the courthouse ??? to get paperwork , let alone him being
treated like a lil green man from mars by the airport :shock: .

I hope no lil green men take offence to this . The story was to the best of my recolection
but he's on the boards , maybe he'll give his input .
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

Big River Beagles S

Post by Big River Beagles S »

Just got everything aranged and with vet check crate and shipping it was $290 to Chicago ILL. Thanks guys for all the responses