Whats the best TRACKING collar for a beagle ???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

PREACHERS,KENNEL

Re: Whats the best TRACKING collar for a beagle ???

Post by PREACHERS,KENNEL »

no dont have to dc 30 yet have the 20 model .. but it is said to have longer range and has its own collar and is a btter than the 20 and i love mine except for the plastic crap they used to hold it on the collar. they work great helped me find a dog today i never woulda found she jumped a deer carried my other young pups with her .. thankfully i got 2 tattle tale older dog so they didnt get real far and i started lighting them up all came back but the one that started it .. she cant take shocking at all. she went down in a hollar went under the bank at the lake beside a tree and went into a hole. lol. she wasnt soming so i went and got the other dogs back hunting they jumped a rabbit tookoff running it and i went after her the garmin told me she was 300 yards away. i followed it to the edge of the lake and she wasnt there swimming lol so i thought she musta drowned . in couldnt think of where she went so i figured couldnt hurt to shock if she already drowned lol. i shocked and she came out of a hole under the bank i was standing on top of her hadn it not been for that garmin i doubt i woulda found her ..not just a GENERALL DIRECTION acurracy!

TurnLeftBeagles

Post by TurnLeftBeagles »

Everybody knocks general direction, you would be suprised how I can pinpoint stuff with the new Maxima Complete now that I have the hang of using it
Adam Deist
http://www.turnleftbeagles.com
H.o.F. hound Stump's KY Mtn. Chance @ stud

Ugly white dogs that chase rabbits and an ugly white dog that trees coons

Duke

Post by Duke »

With the hi and lo power levels on a Tracker Maxima Complete not only can you get the direction, you can rather accurately gauge distance. And once you are within 30 yds using the the control on low and dialing down you can pinpoint a collar. I found a downed hound in a michigan swamp while he was under some low very dense hemlocks. They have come a long way with tracking technology also. It is very easy to pinpoint collars with this unit.