eye problem

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

eye problem

Post by 870 »

this is slightly off topic because its my moms golden retriever but i thought maybe one of you guys could help. The dog is 10 years never had an eye problem . they moved to a new house about 1 year ago and soon after the dogs eyes started constantly oozing . it is REALLY BAD! they are all bloodshot and around the entire eye its all wet , not just the corner . THe oooooze is so thick like you can barely see the color in the dogs eyes. they look all cloudy . they think he is maybe allergic to something but he was just at a neighbors house for 2 weeks and there was no change . if its not allergies what else might it be ? my mom was an eye doctor so she thinks she knows but i told her its a dog not a person so it might be able to have some other kinds of problems . any ideas ?

foxxy

Re: eye problem

Post by foxxy »

rinse with a eye wash 2 time a day see what happens
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Post by 870 »

mom gives him eye drops .. i think visine and or something with an antihistamine. something more then that ? maybe like eye rinse you get at the store with the little cup to rinse an eye if it gets chemicals in it ? not sure exactly what to use

I just cleaned up his eyes best i could and the stuff in his eyes looks like snot . just like people snot , kind of greenish yellow slime very sticky . I didn't have eye wash so after i picked off all the crust i soaked a paper towel with bottled water and then squezzed the towel to flush his eyes . I got all the slime out and when i was done he wagged his tail , think he was happy he could see again even if it did burn a little bit . he must know i was trying to help he just laid there and let me do it .

paducahky1

Post by paducahky1 »

i just had this problem with 2 of my dogs, i got some Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment from the feed store and put in their eyes for 3 days , now its gone ! hope this helps
never met a horse that couldnt be rode or a man that couldnt be throwd

TC

Post by TC »

Sinitus or Conjunctivitis
could be either one...treat for Sinus Infection
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Windkist

Post by Windkist »

Has he been to a vet? Sounds a little like dry eye. Even though stuff is oozing if he isn't producing enough tears his eyes will do that. Also, he could have cornea scratches now and cataracts (cloudiness) He needs to be seen by a vet or veterinary opthamologist.

best of luck,

Leah
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map