hunting bibs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

DEW/MAN

hunting bibs

Post by DEW/MAN »

Does anyone know where to get some nice hunting bibs, needing some for bunny season.

BriarCreekBeagles

Re: hunting bibs

Post by BriarCreekBeagles »

Check your local Dog supply Or give Chip Eisenhut a call. His info in the trading post
"My Goal in life is to be the kind of person my hound thinks I am"
2 Cor. 10:4
Tuff Gun Beagles
Tuff Gun Mr. Breeze, Huff's Briar Bustin Outlaw, Coming home-Lone Acres Ax Grinder

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

yeah i need bibs and new hunting jacket to match.
Donnie Gibson/Gibson Plateau Kennel
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

Look at my web site at http://www.eisenhutdogsupplies.com and then go to Dan's Hunting on the left side a good pair of Bibs are the 315 waterproof Bibs and the a good Jacket is the 407 High in Dry Coat.
THnaks Chip Eisenhut

DEW/MAN

Post by DEW/MAN »

Chip is any of the Dans hunting chaps insulated, I really like the 313 are they. I am wanting some insulated ones, well you can let me know.

jk6140

Post by jk6140 »

I am thinking about the 310's. Do they run big? small? long? short? I am a big guy, about 6'4" 310 lbs and wear a 44" waist. What would be the best size say? I hate returning stuff.....Thanks for the help...

BainbridgeBeagler

Post by BainbridgeBeagler »

I just bought a pair of the Dan's waterproof bibs and the high and dry coat. They are great. They are not insulated, but with the waterproof material on the inside, they block out the wind. They have been very warm, almost too warm for the weather we have had in Ohio as of late. If you order the bibs, they tell you to order them 2 inches short in the legs and 4 inches big in the waist. The length is right, but if I was ordering another pair, I would order them 6 inches bigger in case of more clothing under them in the middle of winter.

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

Guys just give me a call so we can get the size right the first time or e-mail me your phone no. and I will give you a call so we can get it right. My wife does most of the Clothing stuff and it is usually right, the guy was right on the Bibs it says to Order 4 inches bigger than you are but most people order 6 inches bigger and 2 inches shorter in the legs.
As far as insulated the Water priif stuff is almost to hot to wear if it is above 60 degrees and they do keep you warm from the lining inside.
Thanks Chip Eisenhut
304-984-1430

TallDog

Post by TallDog »

BainbridgeBeagler wrote:The length is right, but if I was ordering another pair, I would order them 6 inches bigger in case of more clothing under them in the middle of winter.
That was my experience with the Wick bibs I bought in July just before they shut the doors. I got 4" larger than my waist and now there's little or no room for a heavy shirt or sweat shirt underneath. Also..... I know 2" off of your regular trouser length sounds like a lot, but if you don't get them 2" shorter, you'll be slogging around with dragging bib legs.

And DEW/MAN, thanks for posting your question; I really enjoy helping others spend their money on nice gear! :D
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell

rabbit_hunter10

Post by rabbit_hunter10 »

Try Walls they have a jacket 2 match the bibs( Bibs-$60.99 & Jackets-$63.99)
http://www.wallsoutdoors.com/ProductLis ... END=M&M0=1

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

Chip i like the 315 bibs but the jacket is not quit what i'm looking for. the 405 is more like it for me and does it have front and side access loading of game, shell holders, and transmitter pocket.
The orange and brown is what i want.[ GOT SOME TRIGGER HAPPY BUDDIES AND I BEEN SHOT TWICE ALREADY ALL IN THE SAME DAY] HA HA.........
Don't think it was on purpose just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
if i order by phone what kinda delivery time am i looking at to Cross Vegas Tenn?

Thanks
Donnie
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

The Game Bag is attachable and it is Orange or Brown it is a side loader bag the 407 High in Dry is my choice on the jackets it is Waterproof plus it is Briar proof as well. That is the one I like the best overall as you can attach the Game Bag on it and also you can put a Waterproof Hood on it as well.
Chip

jk6140

Post by jk6140 »

Are the 315's briar proof?

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

Yes the 315 Bibs are Briar and also Waterproof as well, that is what I use and I like them pretty good not real heavy.
Chip

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

They sure are i love mine and they are light weight and the shoulder clips that hold them up are really good and heavy duty along with secure once fasten. You won't regret buying thse and the price is really cheap for what you are getting.

Just my 2 cents
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys