Best Reproducing dog you've seen??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ryan durham

Best Reproducing dog you've seen??

Post by ryan durham »

what is one of the best stud dogs you used personally or rasied pups out of that produced a good litter???
Ryan

wildcatfan0309

Re: Best Reproducing dog you've seen??

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

no doubt... talk about blue jasper

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I believe one of the top reproducing studs in the A.K.C. would have to be International Field Champion Maravic's Blue Ninja.I believe he produced something like 50 F.C.'s out of 40 litters.A sign of his influence would be all of the reproducers that he sired also.And don't forget Ninja's sire was Ft.Ch. Branko's Jack of all Trades himself an outstanding reproducer.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Here are my top 5:

1. Jack of all Trades
2. Maravic's Blue Ninja
3. Turbo Powered by Prop
4. Postoak Little Nip Otis
5. Spicers Blue Back
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

wildwoodkennel

Post by wildwoodkennel »

sanfordssj wrote:Here are my top 5:

1. Jack of all Trades
2. Maravic's Blue Ninja
3. Turbo Powered by Prop
5. Spicers Blue Back

Is Prop still alive? Who own(ed) him?

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

He might not be on any AKC top reproducer lists but, I've ran with many many sons and daughters of this hound and there is a lot of great ones out of him, Bramlett's Black Diamond, sadly he died in 2008.
Hallelujah Kennels---Daniel Upchurch
-----------------------------------------------
LP GRRCH DU's Hallelujah Levi

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

wildwoodkennel wrote:
sanfordssj wrote:Here are my top 5:

1. Jack of all Trades
2. Maravic's Blue Ninja
3. Turbo Powered by Prop
5. Spicers Blue Back

Is Prop still alive? Who own(ed) him?
turbo is dead
what a shame

ryan durham

Post by ryan durham »

Don Hoog owned Turbo!!
Ryan

Dr. Chris

Post by Dr. Chris »

Years ago, I had the opportunity to see Dingus MacRae at a trial. An older gentleman, who has now passed away, together we raised a litter of pups from Dingus MacRae. But being young and “dumber” {then I am now} I did not keep one pup, because the beaglers that I was around at the time convinced me that Dingus and “that type” of hound ran “too much rabbit”. My biggest regret ever was not keeping one of those pups. In my life time it would have to be Dingus MacRae. He not only produced well, many people emptied out their kennels and based & established their whole line around Dingus MacRae. His best cross ever? Dingus MacRae & Anna’s Anne. This litter produced: Int. Ft. Ch. Branko’s White Blizzard, Branko’s City Streaker, Ft. Ch. Branko’s Close Call Girl, Branko’s Manitoba Man, and Branko’s Misty. All in one litter!!! Ft. Ch. Branko’s Close Call Girl is the dam to Ft. Ch. Branko’s Jack of All Trades. This one cross alone has changed beagle field trialing as we know it today, through the domino affect of the offspring of the above litter.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Suprised no one has mentioned Ranger Dan. There are a ton of FC out of Dan and many more that are close. Like the above post, its a big plus when the sire produces producers. I would be proud to have either of these Dan dogs in my kennel, arguably the top two 13" males alive today.

IFC Greenbay Shooter
FC JR's Top Gun Tyke

I would sure like to have a litter of pups out of Ranger Dan X Pine Acres Mollie, speaking of producers, Mollie is one of the top producing females.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

dont forget round pond mr. t.
BIGDOGPACE

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Dr. Chris wrote:Years ago, I had the opportunity to see Dingus MacRae at a trial. An older gentleman, who has now passed away, together we raised a litter of pups from Dingus MacRae. But being young and “dumber” {then I am now} I did not keep one pup, because the beaglers that I was around at the time convinced me that Dingus and “that type” of hound ran “too much rabbit”. My biggest regret ever was not keeping one of those pups. In my life time it would have to be Dingus MacRae. He not only produced well, many people emptied out their kennels and based & established their whole line around Dingus MacRae. His best cross ever? Dingus MacRae & Anna’s Anne. This litter produced: Int. Ft. Ch. Branko’s White Blizzard, Branko’s City Streaker, Ft. Ch. Branko’s Close Call Girl, Branko’s Manitoba Man, and Branko’s Misty. All in one litter!!! Ft. Ch. Branko’s Close Call Girl is the dam to Ft. Ch. Branko’s Jack of All Trades. This one cross alone has changed beagle field trialing as we know it today, through the domino affect of the offspring of the above litter.

Nice post!
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

Nor' Easter

Post by Nor' Easter »

My old male FTCH Fillmore's Norther Sly produced over 15 FTCH's, I think he had 15 out of the first 13 breedings. He had the same old blood in him as Jack, etc. in him, he produced well like they did. Of course he was bred to decent females also and some of his offspring are still producing today. I would have liked to have got him bred more in the US., but I wasn't letting him ger away from me too long.

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

sanfordssj wrote:
Dr. Chris wrote:Years ago, I had the opportunity to see Dingus MacRae at a trial. An older gentleman, who has now passed away, together we raised a litter of pups from Dingus MacRae. But being young and “dumber” {then I am now} I did not keep one pup, because the beaglers that I was around at the time convinced me that Dingus and “that type” of hound ran “too much rabbit”. My biggest regret ever was not keeping one of those pups. In my life time it would have to be Dingus MacRae. He not only produced well, many people emptied out their kennels and based & established their whole line around Dingus MacRae. His best cross ever? Dingus MacRae & Anna’s Anne. This litter produced: Int. Ft. Ch. Branko’s White Blizzard, Branko’s City Streaker, Ft. Ch. Branko’s Close Call Girl, Branko’s Manitoba Man, and Branko’s Misty. All in one litter!!! Ft. Ch. Branko’s Close Call Girl is the dam to Ft. Ch. Branko’s Jack of All Trades. This one cross alone has changed beagle field trialing as we know it today, through the domino affect of the offspring of the above litter.

Nice post!
i second that

ryan durham

Post by ryan durham »

Nor' Easter wrote:My old male FTCH Fillmore's Norther Sly produced over 15 FTCH's, I think he had 15 out of the first 13 breedings. He had the same old blood in him as Jack, etc. in him, he produced well like they did. Of course he was bred to decent females also and some of his offspring are still producing today. I would have liked to have got him bred more in the US., but I wasn't letting him ger away from me too long.
That's the kind of dog I like. A dog that has a good ratio, so he averaged like one field champion per litter that is a good reproducing dog I think. There are some owners breeding their FC's and IFC'S to every bitch that shows up with a stud fee and they now have hundreds of pups on the ground and very few are showing anything not saying the dog is no count but the owner needs to be more select on what he breeds!!! ;)
Ryan