How much would you pay to hunt on Private Property

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

yellowdog

Re: How much would you pay to hunt on Private Property

Post by yellowdog »

Joeyman wrote:$800 per year up in MACON good lord that is cheap. Try and get that now. Just about everyone hunts deer in MACON. Very nice area for deer.
joey,
i had a father son team that wanted to hunt what you and your dad hunted at my place and offered 1000 per year..i didnt take it tho..i like to hunt there and let friends as well..deer hunting is usually great at my house last year was a bad deal..usually we kill a bunch of deer..i would rather see people like you and your dad hunt and have a good time than charge someone
home of the tailess wonder ...
Glaserhollowbeagles. owners. Tracy & Bettina skiles 314-808-6291.Image

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

I had my chance at a deer at your place. I still haven't a clue what happened. It had to have hit a tree limb. It all happened so fast. I shot into brush. I tried to do all the right things. I waited till I had a good angle to shoot. I put the cross hairs on her shoulder and fired away. We seen 7 total the rest were to far away to shoot.

Lets not forget the 3 that came off your property and crossed infront of my truck on my way back from getting lunch.

After 5 seasons of deer hunting NO deer under my belt.

hopefully the 6th season. I will not give up

I shot a soda can at 50yards with my rifle I blew a hole right thru it. So my scope is dialed in
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

BUCK FEVER!!!!!!!!!! or doe fever rather...lol..you guys can try again next year if ya want to just let me know in advance..
home of the tailess wonder ...
Glaserhollowbeagles. owners. Tracy & Bettina skiles 314-808-6291.Image

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

Joeyman i just got the call i have been waiting on for 3 yrs the other day on some lease land that i have been wanting on bad.
There is 12 of us on it plus our children and we pay 375.00 yr.we have 1500 acres and we can run yr around hunt what we want when the season is in along with the opp of planting our own food plots.
So for me that sounds kinda high. There would have to be a lot of rabbits on it for me to pay that and drive that far away.
Do what i do, while your out hunting drive around to places that you never been or want to run on and stop in and ask if you can run your hounds on there land if you don't ride there fences down or leave trash laying.
I have got 3 new places this year by doing that, and that places i thought that no one would be aloud go on.
The worst they can say is no! So it don't hurt to ask?????

Good luck in what ever you do. :check:
Donnie Gibson/Gibson Plateau Kennel
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

As long as I have other places to go where I can get some rabbits up and running and even put a few in the pot later in the day then I wouldn't pay to rabbit hunt except on a deer lease. They paid the bill so I wouldn't mind helping them recover some of their cost for letting us hunt but at the same time I also wonder what is the world coming to. I have to pay someone to let me hunt???? for rabbits that most guys don't care about anyway??? and won't even eat if I offer them some of my take??? I gotta say I think or more likely know this world is getting a little too greedy. You can bet your backside that on my deer lease I'd let someone rabbit hunt or run a trap line or coyote/fox or turkey hunt FREE OF CHARGE.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

TallDog

Post by TallDog »

You've got a lot of public land within 1+45 of you, Joey. And some of it's so vast, you could hunt all day and not see another hunter or hear a hound. I wouldn't pay that kind of money just to hunt rabbits unless it was some special occasion and I knew there were plenty of rabbits on the property. If I wanted a special occasion hunt, I'd go down and pay my money to the Catron brothers. jmo though.
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell

DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

How much would I pay to hunt on private land? Well I'm just a simple farm boy from Indiana so I keep it simple. I'll do a few days baling hay, laying down a string of hotwire, etc. and spend time getting to know the farmer and letting him get to know me. I wouldn't know what to do with 1000 + acres of pure hunting ground. Heck not even sure if there's that much left here outside of Public Land. But I do know that everybody appreciates a little hard work, effort, and time spent getting to know you. Not sure if I'd want to put a dollar price on that.

Mike McCollough

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

joey it happens to the best of us i had the buck of a lifetime in front of me this year and just gave him a hair cut :( :bash: :bash: :bash: it just made me sick for days he had to be at least 15 points :( and i just couldent settle down i have shot many bucks, but i just couldent shake the BUCK FEAVER

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

Joey here is some pics of my boy's on our lease land they took on Saturday. Not biggen's but good hunting for them. They got a 7 pointer and a spike.

It makes me proud to see them hunt together and as a team. :biggrin:

Way to go boy's and yours are coming soon Joey.Just hang in there.
Donnie Gibson/Gibson Plateau Kennel
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

sem

Post by sem »

It would be hard for me to pay a nickle to go hunting. It's bad enough to have to pay for license and the state dosen't do aynthing for the small game hunters. Its allways about the money and the money is in the deer hunters pockets.

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

imo hunting is becoming to comercial if your not lazy and offer to pic up trash fix a fence shop some trees u shouldnt have a problem finding somewhare to hunt its a lot more easy to pull out your wallet but iv never had to pay to hunt somewhare and dont plan on it iv been offerd but i got plenty of places to go and when the owners ask for my help than im thare but i have done my homework its sometimes hard to get in with them but before you ask find out every thang you can whare they work do you no someone who knows them or thare friends its allways nice when a plan comes together iv also took friends to my spots and hope they take me to thares
DEADEYES POACHER