Patch Hounds/Yellowcreek?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

andrew_kirby

Patch Hounds/Yellowcreek?

Post by andrew_kirby »

I have decided that i am tired of being unhappy with the dogs that i have been hunting with and around that just dont seem to have the ability to meet the expectations in the field i have been discussing starting my kennel with a good male and female and have narrowed it down to a few lines. Primarily I have decided between the patch hound and yellowcreek lines. I have researched both lines and really like the idea of sticking with a time proven line like the patch hound a few of the kennels i have found online all seem to be closed or there website is down. If anybody could fill me in on the line that has experience with the patch or that may know of kennels near or in ohio let me know also if you have patchs if you could send me or post pictures or videos of your hounds i would really love to see these hounds in action. I am lookin for something to get started on the right foot with

PREACHERS,KENNEL

Re: Patch Hounds/Yellowcreek?

Post by PREACHERS,KENNEL »

walter walls lives in ohio not sure where tho.patch hounds are known for their hunt i have 7 right now. lovem

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Andy,
I have been raising and training the Patch Hounds since the early 90's and I couldn't be happier with them. I live in Wisconsin, where we have hot humid summers and cold snowy winters, we run both cottontails and snowshoes. These are all day, hard driving, clean running hounds. I recently met Mike Eberle of Ohio, who seems to be an honest man, and I bought a pup from the Marra's of Ohio this past summer, which I am very happy with. Marra's have a web-site, http://www.sandyvalleykennel.com. They are the two breeders from Ohio that I know of. Knowledge wise, I would have to say that SR Patch has that one, he seems to be able to recite pedigrees off the top of his head, I have never seen his hounds run, but believe he has some good ones also. There are others on here as well, these are the ones I am familiar with. To give you an example of the Patch hounds, we have had to contend with minus 0 temperatures and deep snow (2 feet plus) most of January, and my hounds still bring the rabbits around, granted not as fast as when the conditions are good but non the less circle back around to the gun.

Once you go Patch, you'll never go back.
Thanks Willet

Swamp

marr24

Post by marr24 »

Hi Andrew, we have a kennel located here in Northeastern Ohio and have lots of pictures and videos on our website. Let me know if you'd like to come run with us sometime.

tiffinis

Post by tiffinis »

Once you go Patch, you'll never go back.
Thanks Willet
DITTO

We have 5, MIL has 3, BIL has one from our last litter. We wouldn't run anything else. But you have to consider a couple of things. How do you like to hunt? What do you like out of your hounds? Like any line, not everyone is going to love them. All of ours are fast, bullheaded, notoriously tightmouthed. We wouldn't have them any other way. We run with one gentleman with a more brace type hound, half the time I would like to shoot him myself, I swear he never shuts up from the time he is on the ground. Ours dont bark much, but when they do, you better push the safe off, cause they are bringing dinner home.

Also the most lovable dogs I have ever had in a lifetime of dogs. All ours live in the house with our 2 labs.
Patch Addict

Done Gone Beagles

Post by Done Gone Beagles »

I have four two I got from Marr24 nice they love to hunt have one from Jude in KY. and my female is out of OK.s

Big Boy Patch

Post by Big Boy Patch »

andy where in ohio do you live.
Big Boy Patch
Phil Walls Jr

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

andover ohio ashtabula county