Woodbury Wildlife Large Pack Classic 04/04/2009

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

wvduece

Re: Woodbury Wildlife Large Pack Classic 04/04/2009

Post by wvduece »

its a lil early for the rattlers what we usually do is stay on the roads no need to get in the brush thats what we use the dogs for here in wv the dogs over the hill n bring them back up to the top the rabbits cross the roads from one side to the other :nod: :nod: :nod: jb
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

bernard i talked to gearald no problem just let me know when you guys want to run those hounds we can run one or two dogs each according to how many shows up i would like to get a head count before the time to run if its possible guys get those hounds ready dont know if i have anything that can run with those YANKEE DOGS but it will be fun i just like to hear those hounds run jb

m_blankenship

Post by m_blankenship »

Thornie if we can get you down this way ill let you ride my atv. Ive only seen one rattler in 6 years. the veiw from these ridge tops is somthing you would enjoy . duce this would be a good thing u should plan on having one
M Blankenship

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

i done all i can do mark invited them down im not gonna go hogtye them n carry them down here

Laneline

Post by Laneline »

Pike Ridge Beagles wrote:Chris (Thunder Road Kennel)...I need to get up north and run with you some Saturday and Jim Lane would most likely be interested in joining in with us.

Thornie...give me a shout if you are up to running this Saturday.

Ed
Any time you meet up just give me a call, I would be glad to load up and go. I have a pretty good place to go around the {Brecksville, OH} area, but I’ll be willing to go where ever you are meeting up.

And anytime you are ever meeting up at the same location in Coshocton, that’s not to far to drive for me {1 ½ hour}, to have some nice running. Just give me a call or email.

I do want to make mention, I didn’t get to see much in the beginning of the running last week, but when a lot of you were running that pack of 14, there were some more guys show up a little late and we turned loose about 6 more {including Ozzie and a few of their young dogs} and had some good running on the other side and down the road. It was all fun and what time I did get to spend with some of you and talk dogs, I really enjoyed.
"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

Laneline

Post by Laneline »

wvduece wrote:how many of you guys n gals would be interested in coming to southern wv to have another classic run we have some property down here that we do nothing but run our hounds we do no killing of rabbits on this property i just might be able to set this up let me know how many might be interested not really shure how many it will handle without being over run with dogs n people might get more dogs than rabbits :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: jb
I travel to Charleston and Beckley often, I can throw a couple of dogs in and head that way. Let me know what date. I think it would be fun. And I love to "night run", but I will run anytime. I think this is a great thing, beaglers gathering together and running dogs. It gives you an idea of what you really have "or don't have" and you get to compare notes and get some good advice and opinions from some good beaglers.
"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

Bernard Mulinex

Post by Bernard Mulinex »

Jim they are going to have a run down at gilbert wv the first sat. in may.
Look on the other post for details, (southern wv large pack clasic)
As soon as we get a weekend that there is not a trial of some kind I want to come back up and run with you, thornie and edd, canot rember other names.
I like to run at nite to. Later bernard

TBrabbitman

Post by TBrabbitman »

Guy's i think i finally got the video to take. its not the best footage but at least i got it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjqXT8NKO-U
workin
for the man
Huntin when i
can

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

:biggrin: I like it! Thanks Terry.
The start of this is when they crossed a gravel road and was in a check.

Bernard Mulinex

Post by Bernard Mulinex »

Now that was some good dog work, I would like to have a copy of that tape so I could play it on my tv, I don't have speakers on my computor.