Some Board Changes, Listen Up!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bev
Site Admin

Some Board Changes, Listen Up!

Post by Bev »

Stony, Pike Ridge and I just got done with an hour-long web meeting where we discussed the administration of this board. There are going to be some changes that some of you won't like, most of you I believe will.

1. There will be no slamming the board, its rules, or the moddys (including me). You are a guest here, and you will have to show respect and manners -- even if you disagree with how we do things. We have a PM feature if you want to object to something. If you think you are at liberty to embarrass us or hold our feet to the fire over something, you are wrong. We will start deleting any and all posts we find to be of an insulting nature that are aimed at those providing you this forum. If we find we have to delete your posts often, (and you aren't learning from your mistakes) then you will be gone. When dogs bite the hand that feeds them, they don't stay in the kennel long.

2. We have created an Administrator's forum that is accessible by only us. We will utilize this forum to keep each other updated on who had to have corrective action and when. The info will stay there forever. If we find you have a history of coming here mostly just to stir a turrd, it may be a deciding factor if we are considering termination of your membership.

3. Do NOT make slanderous remarks or pick fights with other board members. This is not kindergarten. It's an adult discussion board where ideas are shared and sometimes debated. It can be done in an adult manner. Read this part carefully. I don't care if you have a quick temper. I don't care if you are just a teenager. I don't care if somebody said something about you first. You do not get a pass from me. I don't care what your particular problem or excuse is. If you attack others personally, you will pay the price. Disagree with them all you want, but do it respectfully.

If you are pi$$ed right now reading this, then it probably applies to you especially. If You are glad to see this, then you are the type of members we want to attract and keep. We will not let you be abused, and we will not be abused by message board thugs.

Thank you.

Backwoods Kennel

Re: Some Board Changes, Listen Up!

Post by Backwoods Kennel »

You go girl. I hope you keep them all stright and people that get on here and say bad things are wrong.That is what a phone is for.I am sure that someone or someones will send me a pm over what i just posted.O WELL.

DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Thank you Bev, Stony, and Pike Rdg. I know it is hard for you to take such extraordinary measures but you really weren't left with much of a choice. The Administrators forum should prove especially helpful and I fully support your efforts in keeping this a clean, friendly, and free resource for everyone. Thank you all for what you do.

Mike McCollough
Middletown, Indiana

old blood beagles

Post by old blood beagles »

Bev and board members, thanks for keeping this forum for hounds and houndsmen/women. I do like some of the topics that have been on here lately but I do agree that it turned into a pissing contest and needed to come to a stop. thanks again

Duane
Bowling's Old Blood Beagles
BOBB's Line of Hounds
Selective breeding of Old Branko "NINJA"/Ranger Dan = BOBB's Line

paducahky1

Post by paducahky1 »

good deal, i thinks thats called putting your foot down,,

john
never met a horse that couldnt be rode or a man that couldnt be throwd

khensler01

Post by khensler01 »

BEV. I think thats great.I use to get on your board and read a couple of times a day,loved it .of late I got sick off all the crap and am not on here long at all.Glad to see it may get back like it use to be.Thanks for all your hard work,you deserve the HALL OF FAME I'm not kidding. Thanks Ken

Triple_S

Post by Triple_S »

BAMMM.. now that's what i like to see ,all meat an no bun. well put BEV.
i like the site an have gained a ton of knowledge it and its members.
but all the crap was getting old, some of it was kinda funny tho.
So keep up the good work yall , i know the crew from southeast missouri
appreciates you.

tiffinis

Post by tiffinis »

Having walked in your shoes many miles as a moderater and as an owner (both boards now defunct), I have huge respect for you. I have enough drama in real life to want to deal with it on the boards. I come here for knowledge, laughs and smiles. I used to tell them all, save the drama for your Momma or get out of the sandbox. Kudos!! Keep up the good work :!:
Patch Addict

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

I used to be really, really strict on this board - back when it started, and we never had lack of participation. And we had a ton of laughs. But I've gotten lax since then and look what happens. My suggestion to those who feel the board is a good place to cause problems for those they don't like, is to go down to the Prayer Request forum and just read through that for a while. Then decide if the bug up your butt was really that big of a deal or not.

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. And thanks Aaron and Ed. (Two top-notch beaglers, folks!)

Jack

Post by Jack »

That's the way my Dad did things at his house. He was in charge and there was no doubt. And its your house,so whoever comes there must repect your rules.

Chief Long Hair

Post by Chief Long Hair »

Too bad you didn't do this BEFORE the elections!!! I bet I know of about 10 people that should have gotten it then. Better late than never. YOU GO GIRL!!!
I'VE GOT SOME DOGS THAT ARE GONNA HURT SOME FEELINGS!!!!! I just hope it's not mine. Home of Wild Hare Kennels and FC Creek Woods Blue.

wildhare2

Post by wildhare2 »

This sux. Now where in the hell am I gonna get my laughs from? I can't believe this. No more bashing. :bash:

Good job Bev. I think it was time for a change.
Justin Rutledge

Home of FC, LPRCH LPBCH, HBCH, GRCH Creek Woods Blue

Rainman

Post by Rainman »

Good for you! There for awhile with all the bickering it was like we were all a bunch of little kids again!
Darryl

Running hounds and listening to the orginal country music!

tenntreedog

Post by tenntreedog »

WILDHARE2 IF IT`S BASHING YOU WANT JUST GO TELL YOUR OLD LADY YOU JUST DROPED TWO GRAND ON A NEW BEAGLE IF THAT DONT GET YOU BASHED I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Chief Long Hair wrote:Too bad you didn't do this BEFORE the elections!!! I bet I know of about 10 people that should have gotten it then. Better late than never. YOU GO GIRL!!!
I agree. We should have banned all you guys popping off about Nobama and the Union. :lol: