purina high pro

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sem

purina high pro

Post by sem »

I heard they were gonna quit making it, wen't to there web site and can't find it. Has anyone else heard about this?

thanks

quinnsbeagles

Re: purina high pro

Post by quinnsbeagles »

went to tractor supply today to get food all out they called 2 other stores all out its all gone does anyone know what mite be compatible to hi pro

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

Old Glory 27/15 made by Black Gold. Formula ingredients are about the same, processing of the ingredients is better in the Old Glory. Contact me if your in Mich. Thanks Ken.
Last edited by 2500 HD on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMALL TOWN

Post by SMALL TOWN »

There is a store here where I live called Big R and they still carry Purina High Pro.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Never cared for Purina Hi Pro and neither did the dogs. :neutral:

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

I dont care for hi -pro either ,alot of messy stool
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

quinnsbeagles

Post by quinnsbeagles »

were can you get the old glory brand

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

quinnsbeagles wrote:were can you get the old glory brand
Any Black Gold dealer should be able to get it. Comes in 27/15, 26/18, and 24/20. I'll see if I can find the web address.

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

They just sent me a email the other day and they are changing the something with the bags but ingredients are the same.
I'm like Ed i don't like it, the hounds squirt it out quicker than i can feed it, plus it's to high for what results i have seen.
Or maybe my hounds are just use to cheaper dog foods like Sport Mix 24/20, and not near the mess.
Donnie Gibson/Gibson Plateau Kennel
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

http://www.oldglorypetfood.com

I stock the High protein 27/15 , I can get the others but it could be awhile.

I stock 10 different Black Gold blends.

Call me 989 550 3451 Thanks Ken.

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

I found it. here is what they sent me.

This past November we sent an email informing you of our plan to reintroduce the original Pro Plan® Chicken & Rice Formula, which was initially discontinued with the introduction of Pro Plan Shredded Blend formulas. As many of you know, the original formula was developed to meet the needs of dogs in all life stages, even though it was classified as an “Adult” formula. As we bring back to market the original Chicken & Rice Formula, it will be classified as an “All Life Stages” formula consistent with Pro Plan Performance Formula. Rest assured that no product formulation changes were made to the original Chicken & Rice Formula. Chicken is still the number one ingredient with 26% protein and 16% fat.

We are about to begin shipping original 37.5 lb. Chicken & Rice Formula for All Life Stages to retail customers and pet food distributors. We expect this item to be located on shelf adjacent to Pro Plan Performance. A package image has been included at the end of this letter to assist you in identifying Pro Plan Chicken & Rice for All Life Stages at retail. Following is a list of retailers that have confirmed their plans to carry this formula to date:

Select Farm and Feed stores and most distributors beginning in February

Pet Supplies Plus beginning in April

We encourage you to speak with a store manager if you find your pet specialty retailer does not offer this item in store. We will continue to work with our retail partners to expand availability as quickly as possible.

The reintroduced Chicken & Rice Formula for All Life Stages (UPC 38100–13676) will have a Pro Club weight circle point value of 12 points per pound. All Pro Plan Shredded Blend formulas will continue to accrue at the 11 points per pound level.

Once again, thank you for your understanding and support of Purina Pro Plan. You are extremely important to us and we value your opinions. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact our experts at 1–800–PRO–PLAN.

Sincerely,

Purina Pro Club
Donnie Gibson/Gibson Plateau Kennel
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

klrconcrete

Post by klrconcrete »

The Old Glory feed ingredients list has more corn, grain and,soy than a box of breakfast cereal! The first ingredient is meat and bone meal (whatever that is) but then the next 5-6 are corn,grain,soy real high quality stuff there, if that sells for over 13-14 dollars a bag you are paying way to much (thats for 50lbs)! It may be better to some guys than the Purina but that isnt saying much, Purina is really a low end feed, but they spend all their money on the right marketing. Kurt Robinson
Not afraid to think outside the box or walk outside the crowd.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

has anyone fed nutro feed i did feed hi pro all i did was clean kennels feed dimond hi energy now to all but 1 dog and have a nutro rep gonna give him 2 month worth of feed to see how he does ( it good to have wife a mgr of rural king )
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy