Anybody got young dogs impressing ya?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Anybody got young dogs impressing ya?

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Been running something totally away from my blood. Never thought i would get outside my line but i did and i am very happy to report as of next trial season look out. I have aquired a pup now 12 months old that will hold his own with my veterans. Dang he is sweet ------------Double bred woodstock grannpy over super dog.
Breeder--Lewis Long and John Ortuba. Thanks fellas.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

old blood beagles

Re: Anybody got young dogs impressing ya?

Post by old blood beagles »

Jimmy, I have a Mr. Willie pup that is turning on. He is 11 months old and can flat burn a rabbit. He still has some puppy left in him and when that goes away watch out.
Bowling's Old Blood Beagles
BOBB's Line of Hounds
Selective breeding of Old Branko "NINJA"/Ranger Dan = BOBB's Line

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

Jimbo, I have a Rip X Rose male pup (yes, male as I usally keep nothing but females) that has everything I'm looking for in a rabbit hound. Right at 12 months old and is all business! :nod: He'll see his first trials this fall and he'll hold his own in little pack!
I really didn't want to let the cat out of the bag but you forced me. :lol:

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
Last edited by hounddog on Fri May 29, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

Joseph J Murphy

Post by Joseph J Murphy »

yep:
We have five of them.

J Murphy
Bring on Dream Team 3 !!!!!!

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Joseph J Murphy wrote:yep:
We have five of them.

J Murphy

My junie -dream male is all i thought he would be joe. He hunts well and can turn a rabbit on the pack his mouth is squally.And his foot is enuff to win and about 15 inches tall. Looking for big things and he has a personality above and beyond what i expected. He needs a rabbit season under his belt to bring him to where i beleive he should be. Other than that he has made the cut. Glad dream finally got her due. Tell the ol man hello and hollar sometime we can run after the yotes calm down in the next month or so :nod:
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

My Joe dog is doing well. Still hasn't made the official cut but it looks good for him. Jumps a lot of rabbits, lots of desire/hunt and has a huge horn. I like him.

ANTHONY KERR

Post by ANTHONY KERR »

I have a couple just over 12 months old that are making the grade after some hard running this spring. Gentlemans Red Hot Charger is line bred Chester (37.5%) with some T-Rex and other goodies in his lineage. He is blowing out of checks like a dragster and holding the line for some good long drives leaving some others behind. Just right with the mouth (plenty but no extra) and wheels to spare. If I had to name a fault I would say he needs to be a little more serious before he smells a rabbit. He is starting a few races, but still looks a little lazy on seeking one out.
Cedar Rows Blue Blazer is a T-Rex, Paycheck, old school Branko and Ace in the Hole conglomeration. He has the loudest squall mouth I have ever owned. He drowns out most other pack mates. You hear a buzz and him when they get out a ways. He runs a little cleaner than his running mate and works a close check where the other one reaches out a little more. Blazer does alot of work while the rabbit is running, preventing losses from happening. What has been amazing to me is to watch them on an over-run. The mouths shut off at the end of the line and within two steps they are stopped and working the check. I have logged over 80 rabbit races on Blazer since the first of the year and Charger has run over 40 since February.
These two boys are getting 3 to 4 evenings per week and seem to improve weekly. They are turning down deer daily. I think these boys will be alot of fun for years to come.
Where's the earth shattering kaboom ?

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

two of em.
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

Matt Glomski

Post by Matt Glomski »

I have 5 young dogs that I have been working hard this year.

I like all 5.
BAOTB
WORLDPCH, GRRCH, GRPCH, LPRCH Glomskis Thunder Run J-Dell
LPRCH, FCGD Glomskis Big Time
GRPCH, HBCH Glomskis Little Skipper
LPGRRCH GLOMSKIS CRIMSON FLAME

RAD

Post by RAD »

4 Of them. One out of Pine Mt Sandman and Buchanan's Penny he's got a
big nose and strong battery but time will tell. breeder Rufus Stewart.
TRI STATE BEAGLES
EDDIE FREDERICK

No Fear In Their Eyes
No Quit In Their Hearts
No Respect For Their Own Body
(PMB)

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Pike Ridge Beagles wrote:My Joe dog is doing well. Still hasn't made the official cut but it looks good for him. Jumps a lot of rabbits, lots of desire/hunt and has a huge horn. I like him.
Rolled the brace out 10 minutes ago. Joe got jump points and first check...but now is running in Blues footprint. Blue will make him a dog. :approve: Joe is 11 months old and has been running with my pack since he was 5 months old.
I am listening from the tower on the Ridge. It's all good. :D

Pete Tuck

Post by Pete Tuck »

I've got four young'uns right now that I have been very pleased with. I have littermates to the two hounds Anthony Kerr described. Cedar Row Blue Dazzle is the sister to Anthony's Blazer. She hunts very good, jumps her share of rabbits, and runs about like her brother, very good line. She has more of a growl bark than a squall. Blazer and Dazzle were sired by Gentlemen's Kentucky Rifle. I know Anthony won't brag alot but I will, Rifle is the real deal. The other gyp is a lttermate to Charger. The Chester breeding. Gentlemen's Little Red Pearl. I wish she would would hunt more than she does, but let me tell you brother for a small 13 inch, if that, when she gets it she doesn't need any help and the others better not lolligag to get to her or she is gone. Cedar Row Stonewall Jackson is a patch breeding. He has come on really fast. Hunts very good and can run a rabbit. Jackson placed 8th at Tazewell in early May. Last but not least Cedar Row Jubal Early is a Cinnamon Run Reject sired pup. He is showing alot of potential as a 10 month old. His hunt is coming and the young man can run a rabbit pretty dog gone good. I am as proud as punch over my young crew. Alot of thanks goes to Anthony Kerr for letting me use his broke hounds during rabbit season to help my young crew out and also for allowing me to run with him every chance I get.
Cedar Row Beagles
LPRCH Mike's Ace in the Hole
LPRCH Cedar Row Harley

tinymwoods

Post by tinymwoods »

I have one young pot licker that is going to be all right I believe. All I have to do is teach him not to run deer because he hit his first one last week. He will be 1 in July. He is out of Reffett's Ky Mtn Jack and LPRC Smith's Hustlin Big Bertha. He has a big nose and good hunt. HE needs polishing and is still playful ,but we'll see.
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

Murphy's Kennel

Post by Murphy's Kennel »

Hey Maple valley! I will definately tell G-dad that you said hi and am tickle to death oh Jimbo is going in the right direction. He will be there after next gun season. I have all the faith in the world in this cross. One of the pups (Dads Male) just done an outstanding job. Him and my Sandman male. They are only 10 1/2 months old so time is gonna play in there hands. They are just puppies. Hope all is well and will call you soon!
HOF Murphy`s Dreaming Demon Gr.R.Ch Gr.B.Ch Triple X's Tango

stavemillbeagles

Post by stavemillbeagles »

we have a 12 month old female that is out of talkabout blue jasper on top and a grand pup to code blue on bottom that is going to be a handfull this fall and also have a 12 month old male out of buzzsaw and turbo blue lucy lou that is really something to watch as well.
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!