An Artist Among Us

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Ohiohntr

An Artist Among Us

Post by Ohiohntr »

I decided to get a tattoo....didn't want some rum-dumb with ears gauged the size of a softball or some freak that I would have to talk to for and hour or two. Instead I went to Image In Ink (Lamarr Rhodes), we talked beagles and other bs while he worked on me....he did an excellent job even though mine was probably boring compared to some of his other work. I would recommend him to anyone!!! Getting together to run dogs soon as well....added bonus.

FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

yellowdog

Re: An Artist Among Us

Post by yellowdog »

here are a few of mine...
home of the tailess wonder ...
Glaserhollowbeagles. owners. Tracy & Bettina skiles 314-808-6291.Image

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Man, Tracy...that much work makes me feel like I got a butterfly on my ankle. Here I was worried that it was too big... :lol:
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

they are addicting be careful...lol..i have a bigger one on my back too...lmao...you will be back for another im willing to bet..also got my leg done from knee to the top of my foot...lmao
home of the tailess wonder ...
Glaserhollowbeagles. owners. Tracy & Bettina skiles 314-808-6291.Image

Buckshot101

Post by Buckshot101 »

Yea tattoos can be addicting..........I had the pleasure to have Sailor Moses give me a tattoo many years ago.

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Yeah..kind of wondering what they put in the ink...I said I would never get one and now I am already searching for my next design. Not sure it is a good idea to be running dogs with Lamarr...run dogs awhile, tattoo awhile, run dogs some more, tattoo some more...well you get the picture. :D I was just impressed with his shop, the professionalism, and workmanship.....figured I would give credit where credit is due. I know it made him bleed inside when I said I wanted black tribal but he never hesitated.

I just think it is funny how from two totally different professions we still had the love of beagles in common and actually run very similar type dogs....very interesting to me.
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

it was my pleasure and come back and see us any time,but we still got to get together and run some hounds!!!!! :D
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

Shotgun John

Post by Shotgun John »

yellowdog wrote:they are addicting be careful...lol..i have a bigger one on my back too...lmao...you will be back for another im willing to bet..also got my leg done from knee to the top of my foot...lmao
They are addictive. My younger brother is addicted to them and firefighting. Matter of fact half of his tats are of his love of firefighting. You can check out his tats:
http://fireball-01.webs.com/apps/photos ... id=5875431

tiffinis

Post by tiffinis »

LaMarr, I would like to see more photos of your work. Anybody else out there have nice tat work? It does take a special soul to do it right. I went to a very talented, popular local artist, but he failed to pull off my vision. Still looking for someone to continue the piece.
Patch Addict

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

click on my myspace link at the bottom there are a few i have done on there
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

heartland5

Post by heartland5 »

Here are the three that Lamaar has done for me.His work is awesome and already got my fourth one figured out.Just waiting on the time to get it done.

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Awesome deer piece Brian....never seen anyone pull off a realistic looking deer, till now. Normally they just do the skulls or it turns out to be one big blob of mess. It is amazing how I now notice tattoos and how crappy some of them are compared to what I have seen from Lamarr's studio. I was at the MIS Nascar race today and about puked at some of the crap people had on them....guess I never noticed before.
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

heartland5

Post by heartland5 »

I heard that.My brother has some that look like my 4 year old went crazy with a magic marker.