Who is the best Turbo Stud?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Jon Wagner

Who is the best Turbo Stud?

Post by Jon Wagner »

Who is the best Turbo Stud dog out there? I would also like to know how can I get a hold of them. Thank you for your help.

deadeyebeagle

Re: Who is the best Turbo Stud?

Post by deadeyebeagle »

john queen has a few i dont know how to get of hold of him.but i saw a 3 year old male he has that is out of his stud dog that looked great he really cought my eye. :nod:
DEADEYES POACHER

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

I HAVE HERD ALOT ABOUT HELI PROP HE MADE ALOT OF GOOD SO CALL TURBO HOUNDS REALLY IT IS JUST BRANKO BREEDING

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

fc elk creek blue babe is the dam of turbo powered by prop so really its not branko.if branko didnt breed it its not branko
DEADEYES POACHER

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

thanks dead eye he is not branko totaly bred
BIGDOGPACE

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Awfully hard not to say IFC /World Champion Greenwell's Reggie at this point.Owned by Terry Gray of Willisburg,Ky. 859-375-5052.Rockridge Kennel.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

HOW MANY FIELD CHAMPS HAS REGGIE THEW HE IS WANTING TO KNOW OF PROVEN STUDS NOT TRYING TO TAKE ANYTHING FROM REGGIE BUT I WOULD RATHER BREED TO HIS FATHER AS THAT IS HOW HE WAS MADE

Chimney Rock Kennel

Post by Chimney Rock Kennel »

chapkosbeagles wrote:HOW MANY FIELD CHAMPS HAS REGGIE THEW HE IS WANTING TO KNOW OF PROVEN STUDS NOT TRYING TO TAKE ANYTHING FROM REGGIE BUT I WOULD RATHER BREED TO HIS FATHER AS THAT IS HOW HE WAS MADE
It would be hard to breed to his father since he has passed several years ago. I would have to say Reggie is probably the best Turbo stud. I have a male out of him that made LPGRCH at 25 months old, a female that made LPRCH at 12 months old and won her first 15" female AKC Mid-West Trial at 16 months old, and I know of pup out of him that won the 09' World Hunt. Reggie was also the 08' Derby sire of the year. If that is not a proven stud I don't know what is.
Home of

NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising
FCGD LPRCH Chimney Rock's KY Lucky
NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Shooting Star

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

how many pups has he throw
and how many was or has a title in any format
not taking anything away either i have a reggie male that i wouldnt sell
but what is the perentage
i know he has been bred alot
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

deadeyebeagle wrote:fc elk creek blue babe is the dam of turbo powered by prop so really its not branko.if branko didnt breed it its not branko
Good point Jason. But, I would like to know how many FC Prop created across various bitch's and how many FC Elks Creek Blue Babe created across various studs. I realize this is a little disproportionate considering a bitch can only throw so many litters so we need to consider this.
I personally like as much Prop in a bloodline as possible. I am sure Blue Babe was an excellent bitch.
What I have seen from Turbo blood is good but real gamey.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Pike Ridge Beagles wrote:
deadeyebeagle wrote:fc elk creek blue babe is the dam of turbo powered by prop so really its not branko.if branko didnt breed it its not branko
Good point Jason. But, I would like to know how many FC Prop created across various bitch's and how many FC Elks Creek Blue Babe created across various studs. I realize this is a little disproportionate considering a bitch can only throw so many litters so we need to consider this.
I personally like as much Prop in a bloodline as possible. I am sure Blue Babe was an excellent bitch.

Everyone is looking at Prop, but I agree with PRB that ELk Creek is the one to give credit 2!

As far as the best turbo stud.......... White Oak William Henry hands down!

He has several world champions out of his off spring.
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Pike Ridge Beagles wrote:
Steve,
Not giving credit to either. Just making a point that the bitch is just as vital in a breeding. Like I wrote...I love as much Prop blood as possible and was wondering what Blue Babe's FC production was??
I am sure she was a good one as was Prop. Terry McBribe loved Prop more than all of the studs Branko ever produced. Terry ran or watched most of Branko's dogs and new his stuff.
Rest in peace Terry...we miss your input.

Jon Wagner

Post by Jon Wagner »

I am not familiar with White Oak William Henry who was he out of and how good is he runnin wise and production wise? Dose any one know about FC Turbo Charged Thunder Blue's pups?

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

Turbo Powered By Prop was line bred.
His dam Blue Babe was out of a Branko bitch named Gertrude.
Gertrude was out of East Coast Trimmer and a Branko's Dutch Wiefke bitch (peggy sue).
Heliprop was out of an East coast trimmer male (JAck of all Trades) and a Weifke bitch (pretty freckles).
I believe this linebreeding added to his prepotency as a stud.
Alot of his breedings were bred back to bitches with some branko blood.
Not too tight ....but just right.

LPB

sgc

Post by sgc »

Deadeye, Regarding your reply to Chapko's - "Elk Creeks Blue Babe" is out of "Camp Creek Gertrude" if I'm not mistaken. She's Branko thru & thru (whether he actually bred her or not). To me, that makes Turbo at least 3/4 Branko. I don't see how you can argue Turbo's not Branko.