Who is the best Turbo Stud?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Hill's Redman

Re: Who is the best Turbo Stud?

Post by Hill's Redman »

Tony Upton in Ohio now owns Blue Jay is what Jessie told me the other day
The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.

http://bryantsvillebeagles.webs.com/

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Jonh Wagner inquired about Fc. Turbo Charged Thunder Blue.Thunder is owned by Pete Young in Richmond,Ky. and his stud ad can be seen on the Mid-West Beagle Gundog site.I bought a pup off of Thunder x Branko's Sassy Suzie from Pete as a pup.She just turned three years old and has made a very nice dog.I took her to Lake Conway's Large pack on Rabbit trial when she was 15 months old.This was her first trial and she had never run in a large pack before.Although she didn't place she stayed down until they called field trial and judges told me she was getting good score but just ran out of gas at the 3 1/2 hour mark.
This spring I took her to four A.R.H.A. Little Pack trials and she championed out winning on back to back weekends and placing at the other two.She has plenty of foot,good hunt,runs the line and works a check close but then will grab it and get gone.
Two weeks ago she was running a rabbit when two coyotes ran in on her and tore her neck and side open.I was there close and ran in yelling and they took off.I headed for the truck with her and didn't have her on leash.She jumped a rabbit and put on a good race before I caught her!!!! A tough hound with a ton of heart.
Hard to say who will prove to be the better producer,Reggie,Thunder,Blue Man,Blue Jay or any of the others that have come out of that cross.I think the most important thing to consider is that they come from a background / family of top notch reproducers /performers and that in my opinion ups the percentages of reproducing their likeness to a much higher degree then hounds that even though have great ability result from an outcross.When you look at hounds like Turbo,Heli-Prop,Blue Ninja,Jack of all Trades,East Coast Trimmer,Elm's Jiggs Maggie's Mate,Otterbrook Sam,Armando's Little Conman,Greenbriar's Old Black Magic,Greenbriar Branko's Tootsie you are looking at hounds that are indisputably some of the BEST rabbit / hare running beagles the breed has ever produced.It's no coincidence that all of the above named dogs were Field Champions and / or International Field Champions except Tootsie and she produced champions out of every litter she ever had!
Study a five generation pedigree that produced these Turbo males and you will see that it they are the result of some very intelligent linebreeding by some very experienced and knowledgeable breeders.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

swing

Post by swing »

I dont think TK's Rockhill Raambler can be over looked as one of the good stud dogs out of Turbo, and he has good as good a pedigree behind him as any of them do
Trent

No one plans to Fail, they fail to Plan