Black Wolf UPDATE!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

hotdog

Black Wolf UPDATE!!

Post by hotdog »

I found this on another forum.I would hate to hunt where these things live.

http://noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10783
Last edited by hotdog on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

T LEE

Re: Black Wolf

Post by T LEE »

dave g

Post by dave g »

wow that is big. no wonder the big bad bear hounds in the u.p. dont have a chance when they get tangled up with them. you ask me there is a reason they were killed off many moons ago. there should be no place in our country for those darn things. i have seen quite a few pictures from u.p. michigan and a few from idaho of dogs that were killed by wolves. there isnt much left usually a head and a spine laying there.
i will say they can be a pretty rug though and if there was a season sign me up.

later, dave

kathy5

Post by kathy5 »

what the heck are these bred with to get so BIG wow!!!

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

That looks like the same man that holds the picture of the biggest snake held out on a stick too.

I've seen the same man the same snake colored black as a moccasin and again as a copperhead and again as a rattler and so forth. All supposed to be the largest ever caught. This may be a prank and I saw this
before with him holding the same hugh body, but it was a hugh cougar last time and had a couger, cat mouth. Look closely at the mouth. Look like a wolf or dog? I believe it can be changed to whatever he wants it to be. Makes a good storey though and probably gets him and his buddies lots of laughs.

JStorer

Post by JStorer »

Im calling BS on this one, there is not a wolf in north america that big, Ive seen lots of big wolves 150lbs-175 lbs, that picture must be fudged it is not real.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

I agree. That pic is has been photoshopped. No way!

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

If that wolf WAS that big, there's no way that guy could hold it up.

hotdog

Post by hotdog »

It may have been photo shopped,but if it is real, I would hate to live around where these things roam.

Joshua and Stephanie

Post by Joshua and Stephanie »

it looks like the man only has one leg in the photo? maybe they photo copied it. josh
Home of World Champion WDPCH GRPCH 4 G's Ruby Red
GRHBCH GRPCH SCHAGS HELI PROP CHOP
UP & COMING 4 g's run with swagger .com

T LEE

Post by T LEE »

Joshua and Stephanie wrote:it looks like the man only has one leg in the photo? maybe they photo copied it. josh

You can just barely see the mans other leg behind the Wolfs tail.

I'm Not saying the photo is real. ;)

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

By body size he would be over 400 pounds!!!!!!! That Dude must be some kind of stud to hold dead weight up like that. There aint but 7 deer in the whole U.P. :P so what does that thing eat??
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: LOL Crabtree I see you have tried to hunt the mythical and maybe imaginary U.P. whitetail :lol: :lol: :lol:
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

NorWester1

Post by NorWester1 »

I think it's just the camera angle boys..... These days that seems to be the "rage" to take shots designed to make the game taken look like a freak monster, whether it's whitetails or bears or whatever.
Cameraman is looking up at the subject, making the wolf appear much larger than it actually is, and I'm sure theres a few more tricks to it as well.... focusing on the foreground (the game) which makes anything in the background look small (the guy)

Next time someone knocks a rabbit down, use the same techniques......make those bunnies look so big that they'll let us into the Boone & Crockett or Pope & Young record books :lol:

Here's one my brother dropped in northern Alberta. Think I've probably posted this before, but here it is again anyway.

Chewed it's way out of a snare and had wandered into the local town for garbage and any dog it could get ahold of.
It was skin and bones but still weighed almost 150 lbs.
No camera tricks here.

Here's a pic of a print of the S.O.B. that killed and ate my Lucy bitch and her son Drum early last fall

Unbelieveably I found this wolf scat near my place ...... that's Lucy or Drum's toe nail I'm holding that was in it :shock:

hotdog

Re: Black Wolf UPDATE!!

Post by hotdog »

UPDATE!!

This wolf is real!! Might be a World Record.

http://www.grimsmonstermix.com/