what to breed to????

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

chascmp

what to breed to????

Post by chascmp »

what do i need to breed her to???
...................................................................Branko's Ali-Baba
.....................................Branko's Baba Jazz Man
...................................................................Branko's Hurricane Hattie
Poole's Kate
...................................................................Branko's Huckleberry Hound
......................................Split Log Lily .............Mitsou Argenteiul Striker
...................................................................Larsen's Karrie
..............Larsen's Lucy Q.

chascmp

Re: what to breed to????

Post by chascmp »

i messed that up.

Larsen's Karrie Sire: Argenteiul Striker Dam:Larsen's Lucy Q.

bwe007

Post by bwe007 »

the dog seems to be from outcrosses. i would breed her based on characteristics. for example let's say she is a good track dog but lacks hunt, then i would breed her to a male that is a super jump dog. likewise if she is a good jump dog but lacks nose for running track then i would breed her to a good track dog. these are just a few examples. hope this helps. the point is breed her to a dog that compliments her.
LPRC LPGRBC COAL HILL'S PRINCESS WILLOW 2010 PA STATE CHAMP 2012 PA STATE RESERVE
LPRC HAWG DAWG'S CUPID R.I.P.
LPRC LPBCH EMRICH'S BLUE WILLIE
RHOADE'S ROYAL BLU BELLE R.I.P.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

This isn't an outcross.If I'm not mistaken she would be Ali-Baba linebreeding as I believe Huckleberry is from Ali-Baba.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

bwe007

Post by bwe007 »

trust me by now there isn't any ali-baba blood in that females future offspring to worry about it could be a line breed but anything after the grandfather doesn't mean squat. if you want to line breed her breed her to her father or grandfather.
LPRC LPGRBC COAL HILL'S PRINCESS WILLOW 2010 PA STATE CHAMP 2012 PA STATE RESERVE
LPRC HAWG DAWG'S CUPID R.I.P.
LPRC LPBCH EMRICH'S BLUE WILLIE
RHOADE'S ROYAL BLU BELLE R.I.P.

chascmp

Post by chascmp »

Shady Grove you are correct. Huckleberry is from Ali-Baba and top side Hattie is from Heli-Prop. this is a extra nice female, whistle broke,handles the best, will NOT run anything other than a rabbit and will tell on hounds if they do. has enough speed only flaw i have found is she is a little soft, if you get onto other hounds she backs up some for just a bit.
i will probaly go with a Primetime bred male i know where is.
thanks for replys.

Triple L Beagler

Post by Triple L Beagler »

chascmp i have alitter mate to your lily female. he has wins and places in southern large pack. he is throwing good pup that are winning and placing also.take a look at his on my web sit
http://www.triplelbeagles.com

Where would we all be if the people before us would have just settled for a good dog.

chascmp

Post by chascmp »

got my female bred now i'm just a waitin!!!!

placed cross on upcoming litters.

thanks for replys