Watch out for this predator

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Watch out for this predator

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

There's a predator on the loose that you might not recognize.He might just be passing through your area or he might live close by and you don't even know it.Some want to blame the economy and tough times for the increase in his predation but to me there is NO EXCUSE!If you are a hunter,shooter or just gun owner in general be on the lookout.
Last week my wife and I came home from work to find our backdoor kicked in and ripped out of the door casing.The sorry low-lifes stole all of my and my son's guns,my wife's jewlery and our movie and digital cameras.I'm not a gun-guy in that I don't buy,sell,trade,etc.I'd had all these guns for more than 25 years and several were handed down to me from my Dad.They can't be replaced. And now most likely they'll just be pawned or sold at a flea market or traded to another criminal for some crack or pills or meth. Most insurance companies will not adequately compensate you for the value of firearms so I'm hoping I at least get enough to buy a decent shotgun before rabbit season.
A good rabbit hunting buddy of mine had this exact thing happen to him about a year ago.The shreiff's deputy and the insurance agent both told me they are getting these crimes and claims almost daily! And they say that guns are the number one thing they are looking to steal. I know,if you're like me you're probably saying the same things that I used to say 'let them try and get my stuff,I've got a S&W that will great them at the door".Which is great if you happen to be home.But if you live rural like we do and go off to work and no one is home.............You can get a big mean dog but then the cop told me they either shoot the dog or feed him some poison meat...............
Just be on the lookout as tere is getting to be more and more sorry folk out there prowling about.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Duke

Re: Watch out for this predator

Post by Duke »

It sucks that the worse vermin walk on two feet.

Big-E-Beagles

Post by Big-E-Beagles »

That really sucks Shady Grove, hope your local authorities can catch these thieves. The loss of guns that have been handed down, must rank up there with losing a dog! I wish you and your family the best.
Big E.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Dana , sorry for ur loss , i got jacked about 8 years ago.I tracked em down but never got back my guns but did find some other stuff. Them guns meant alot to me. I got my revenge though.I hate a thief. Good luck trying to find ur stuff. :nod:
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Joseph J Murphy

Post by Joseph J Murphy »

Dana:
Sorry to hear that happened to you.I hope you catch them.

J Murphy
Bring on Dream Team 3 !!!!!!

Anderson Upland Beagles

Post by Anderson Upland Beagles »

sorry to read this ..sooner or later the police will catch up with them.a few years back that happened
to a fiend of mine and he got the guns back .
Last edited by Anderson Upland Beagles on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

i run a high tech survielance system on my home and garage.... as soon as you pull in my driveway the cameras kick on and record your every move on my property..... ive got 8 cameras recording at one time.... and if im on vacation or gone from the house i can even jump on my laptop and check my cameras from the computer... my old man is an electrician and has done this stuff(home security) for years... so he's done all the hookup and camera setup. his setup at his home is 10x as nice as mine, he has cameras in every room of the house as well as outside).. it works real well... my recorder and main hub is locked away in my garage and all my cameras are out of reach... ive yet to have anyone try to steal anything from me but im not taking any chances either... ill have them on camera.... they might get away with the goods but they will get caught... and they better hope the law catches them before i do... :mad2:

Murphy's Kennel

Post by Murphy's Kennel »

A few tips to hopefully find the sorry SOB's : Go to pawn shops and look yourself, Don't rely on the boys in blue to do the searching at the pawn shops, if you locate one of the firearms at a pawn shop you can always notify them, I would look in all neighboring towns, I would also look in your home towns. Try now but also wait and try in a couple months. Good luck and hope to see you soon!
HOF Murphy`s Dreaming Demon Gr.R.Ch Gr.B.Ch Triple X's Tango

B. Diddy

Post by B. Diddy »

I agree with Murphy's...try the pawnshops. Several years ago, the family of a girl I was dating had a bunch of their jewelry stolen. They found some of the pieces at a local pawn shop and turns out it was her brother's wife. :loser:
Anyway, good luck to ya. I hope you get your stuff back.

Richard

Post by Richard »

Same thing happen to me and my family a few years back. :angryfire:

I know how you feel.
Arkansas Oak Hill Kennels

PREACHERS,KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS,KENNEL »

sorry to hear about that dana...hillbilly had a gun stole a couple of yrs ago he got it back the other day after a drug bust happened.

Hand_beagler

Post by Hand_beagler »

First and foremost Im sorry to hear this Dana! I cant imagine having my hand me down guns taken from me. Ive heard alot about you from Pete(I go running with him sometimes) and look forward to meeting you one day. If you ever find them or need any help let me know cause Im not far away, just here in Smyrna.

PS Echo is a great dog and I was honored to take here to Reggie. Hope she is pregnant! Be a great litter.
Handridge Kennels
Good ol' Tennessee Briar Bustin' Hounds

chuck r

Post by chuck r »

Hope they get the jerks. 95 I had five guns stole from my house, gave the Madison County Detective the S nos. Checked a few months ago no record of the theft or my guns s nos. Ive already told them I think they helped steal my guns.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I talked with the sheriff's investigator yesterday.He told me he has a real good idea of who broke into my house but now he just has to prove it.I told him that he could just tell me as my burden of proof doesn't have to be nearly as strong as his!He told me he's gotten info. from a reliable source [a snitch? ] that stuff that was stolen in this area is ending up in a county about 50 miles from me.I'm just hoping they can hang this guy or guys out to dry and that I can get my things back.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

tinymwoods

Post by tinymwoods »

Hope they hang the #%@$#^#$^. I'll try to keep an eye out here near Bristol for some hot property. Hope you get your stuff back.
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852