Alabama

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

kybeagler

Alabama

Post by kybeagler »

Anyone close to Auburn or Opelika on here on the board?

bamabeagler

Re: Alabama

Post by bamabeagler »

im from around dothan but i know some guys around that area...why you ask?

bradadkins

Post by bradadkins »

Yur a long way from Jones Creek :eyes:
Last edited by bradadkins on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adkins Bluegrass Beagles
That's How I Roll

beagler282

Post by beagler282 »

Opelika is 20 minutes down the road.
Ray Lucas
Cedar Trail Kennels

Chris15

Post by Chris15 »

I live in Dadeville I am about 20 min away.

kybeagler

Post by kybeagler »

I'll be moving to Auburn in December and will be having alot of spare time for the next 4 years. I was wondering if they are alot of running grounds or will I be having trouble finding places to hunt and I will also be looking for some hunting buddies.

bamabeagler

Post by bamabeagler »

well ive got just the right group of folks for you. in Phenix City you can find the East Alabama Rabbit Hunters & Souse Eaters Social Club. go to http://www.therabbitjournal.com and read on all of their articles about hunts and summer running. they have good pics and the articles are fun to read. im the Southern Branch of the Club and these are some really nice folks. Rimfire is head of the whole thing. you should e-mail him and let him know you are movin down his way in December. when and if you give rimfire a holler, make sure you tell him that BB told you about the rabbit journal. you should like it and im sure they would be more than happy for you to go along on a few hunts cause these guys are RABBIT HUNTERS :nod:

guest13

Post by guest13 »

How about the Western portion of the state. Looking at the Pennington, AL or Meidian, MS area. Also, looking to see how the running is, and where to go? I may be moving there.

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

I hunt some around the pennington area and it is lots of open areas and places to hunt. Only problem is on private land Dee and Turkeyr hunting clubs have a lot of it tied up but, there is also Public places, management areas, to hunt all during season. Watch the dates set aside for rabbit and don't go on Deer or Turkey days. Plenty of Canecutters. If you like hunting and fishiong, the Western part is great and you'll be right in it. Have good water tight boots.