How MUST a Beagle be registered?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

When buying a Beagle what registry MUST it be registered in?

AKC
29%
AKC
29%
AKC
29%
NKC/ARHA
2%
NKC/ARHA
2%
NKC/ARHA
2%
UKC
No votes
UKC
No votes
UKC
No votes
PKC
No votes
PKC
No votes
PKC
No votes
CKC
No votes
CKC
No votes
CKC
No votes
I prefer my Beagles not to be registered at all.
3%
3%
3%

Total votes: 66

DG TX

Post by DG TX »

As far as registries, have been with the AKC for over 25 years. Bought the first pup outside our bitchline in 20 years this year. Not much play here with the other registries. Two ARHA clubs and established AKC clubs help keep both of them get on thier feet. UKC tried in east Texas but have not heard much from it in years. As far as continental kennel club, not worth the paper they are written on. Have a Large Pack club here that is 65 years old. Bottom line is I just like a closed registry. When folks contact us here they most always are looking for AKC stock.
Don't get me wrong. AKC is not perfect has it's troubles just like all others. As far as cost? This is 2002 and we ain't driving Model A's anymore and a pack of smokes ain't 2 Bits either. Just MY thoughts on the subject. ;)

Redtick

Model A's

Post by Redtick »

As you said, it is 2002 (almost 2003) and we don't drive model A's. Someone should look at some of the beagle competition rules some folks are using.
Dave Haugh
Lakeland Beagles
http://www.lakelandkennels.com

Lynn Perkins

Post by Lynn Perkins »

You're never going to let it rest are you? :bozo:
Perkins Runnin & Gunnin Kennel
Producing winners both under the gun and in front of the judge!
HOF Reproducer GRCH/BCH Perkins Run-n-Gun BuzzSaw - He might be gone,but his blood flows on!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Okay Dave. This is a multi-registry, multi-hound type board and I don't want people feeling hesitant to post here because you make them uncomfortable. You degrade their registry and then when they retaliate, it gets ugly then you cry foul. We already know how you feel about running rules. Your post here had absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

Post by Guest »

Amen Brother Ben!!!!