AMELIA BEAGLE CLUB

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shotgun John

AMELIA BEAGLE CLUB

Post by Shotgun John »

Does anyone belong to or have you ever run at Amelia beagle club in Amelia county Virginia. How are the running grounds and the club itself?

buffett

Re: AMELIA BEAGLE CLUB

Post by buffett »

I'm a member. Good club, PLENTY of rabbits. Getting too thick to see the dogs work now but fall will help that. I live in Keysville and work in Burkeville. Give me a call if you would like to go with me to run after this coming hot spell breaks. -Kevin 434-736-8725 (call monday I work all weekend)

davidc5936

Post by davidc5936 »

I'm a member of Amelia County Beagle Club and ran there last night. As Buffett (my son) said, it is very thick in there right now but cool weather will take care of that. Plenty of rabbits, great guys as members, and a lot of fun.
Dave Cunningham

Richmond, VA

buffett

Post by buffett »

davidc5936 wrote:I'm a member of Amelia County Beagle Club and ran there last night. As Buffett (my son) said, it is very thick in there right now but cool weather will take care of that. Plenty of rabbits, great guys as members, and a lot of fun.
Hey Pop....did Barney run last night?

Goduece

Post by Goduece »

Thats good to know. I am hoping to join as well. Have to wait till the meeting later this month to see if there are any openings.

buffett

Post by buffett »

Goduece wrote:Thats good to know. I am hoping to join as well. Have to wait till the meeting later this month to see if there are any openings.
Invitation stands to go as a guest and run with me next week.

Goduece

Post by Goduece »

Thanks Buffett.. I only have puppies tho. One is 7 months and starting. Two are 12 weeks. Looking forward to start working with them. Our hunt club won't let us run after Aug. and thats when my pups should be ready to get going. Would be nice to get in with ya'll. The 2 pups I got from one of the members there.

Sam

buffett

Post by buffett »

Goduece wrote:Thanks Buffett.. I only have puppies tho. One is 7 months and starting. Two are 12 weeks. Looking forward to start working with them. Our hunt club won't let us run after Aug. and thats when my pups should be ready to get going. Would be nice to get in with ya'll. The 2 pups I got from one of the members there.

Sam
I have lots of wild rabbits out my way (towards Keysville) if you want to come run. I've very patient of pups and we always have a good time no matter what we put down to run. Truth is they run better in the wild than at the club where there are so many tracks to sort out. 600 acres adjacent to my kennel and lots more within a 20 minute drive.....come on and run! My dad lives in Richmond.....he and I are partners on the dogs at my farm and he has a few at his house. We got good ones and some we just put faith in! We always have fun and welcome anyone who wants to run. :D