Feild Trialing Polotics

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rock pushin rabbit hunter

Feild Trialing Polotics

Post by rock pushin rabbit hunter »

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed some of the sucking up that has been taking place lately.You can always tell when the trials are about to get fired up because people that would never brag on anyone elses dogs just out of the blue start bragging on someones that they think could help them out at a hunt.Sometimes a certain person will buddy up with another and run dogs a month or so before a big hunt a few times a week hoping that person will give them a break in the feild.Don't get me wrong,having running buddies and bragging on a good hound is fine.But sometimes the one doing the bragging and buddying up has an angle.And I bet after the big hunt,and you judge them,if things don't go their way you'll never here from them again.I've seen this go on alot and it sickens me to see it.Feild trialing is supposed to be about what your dog does in the feild,not how popular the handler is.All you judges beware of cons like this.I always judge my buddies hounds tougher than someone I don't know for fear of being accused of cheating.Bottom line is bring your best,have them prepared to go,run em' and let the chips fall where they may.And then if you win,you'll have a dog you can REALLY be proud of.Just needed to vent a little. :angryfire:
Home Of
LPGRCH LPBCH 2013 Ky. State Ch. Winner Dixie Drivin' Big Show
LPGRCH 2012 Autism Hunt Winner Hicks' Edge
LPGRCH Watts Rabbit Traitor
LPRCH LPBCH Longwoods Krusher
LPRCH Cave Run Josie

Big Mike

Re: Feild Trialing Polotics

Post by Big Mike »

Politics, cheating ??? what is the difference?
Big Mike

maplehill

Post by maplehill »

:roll:
Last edited by maplehill on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Yates
Maple Hill Beagles
Poplar Bluff, MO

RIP LP RCH TY'S MAPLE HILL MIKEY
LP GRRCH TY'S MAPLE HILL MOJO "no longer own, but still claim the rabbit crazy sucker"

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

For many years I wrote a monthly column in Full Cry Magazine for the Bluetick Breeders and Coonhunter's Association.You wouldn't believe the guys that would call me and bend my ear for hours about their male hound just before I was to send in my column for the next month's issue.They were just looking for some free ink to promote their hound.It was laughable how predictable some of them were,I could almost tell you what night they'd call to brag up up ol so and so.When I finally gave up writting the column after seven years and 85 monthly columns these same guys didn't know my name!!!Guess it's just "human" nature but sheesh!,Give me a break .Most everybody knows what their game is.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch