where are the rabbits?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bamabeagler

where are the rabbits?

Post by bamabeagler »

i have seen more rabbits than ever since march all through july but now i aint seein any. ive ran dogs a few times...not too much though cause snakes are so bad. but ive been ridin around at night and late in the afternoon and havent seen one in a month. wats goin on? :?:

rabbitearl

Re: where are the rabbits?

Post by rabbitearl »

Same here.Lot of rabbits this spring.But around here its been like this when I started rabbit hunting.36 years ago.They just get gone in aug and sept.I still say ticks.I found a rabbit on the path the last of july dead.Nothing wrong with it no marks or nothing.Rabbit looks like 3\4 ground.I just don t know.

sbadger

Post by sbadger »

I got a mineril block that you use for horses and cows broke it up in to smaler chunks and put them all over were I run my dogs they say that it helps the baby rabbit stay healthy and I have seen alot of them this year you can get them at your farm store
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10

just for fun beagler

Post by just for fun beagler »

softner salt works just as good. it keeps the parasites like the worms down and can help the rabbits have a extra litter. i always take a coffee can full and every place we jump a rabbit i plac a small pile for them
Home Of:
GRPCH Platts Rowdy Molly Bell
GRHBCH Halfway Frenchmans Mazie
Platts Princess Missy Wine
The up and comeing:
Platts Halfway Trails Briar Buster
Platts DT Striker Jr

chuck r

Post by chuck r »

I go through my briars and honeysuckle throw a hand full let it sift down to the ground,that way the deer don`t tend to hang around and lick it like a mineral block.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

there is a litter of 3 in the ground at my house in the front yard. they are still breeding in MO.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels