One i'll never forget

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Triple_S

One i'll never forget

Post by Triple_S »

This is the best day I have had in my beagle career.
2 years so far...LOL I'm a late bloomer.
and I will remember for the rest of my life.
There were rabbits harvested off of my 3 dogs today and mine. alone
most of the time my uncle has 2 or 3 he takes as well. but he has been on the DL list for a few weeks.
and just wanted to go along an listen. we took him a stool and I always have a Thermos of coffee.
my cousin Keith went with us as well, he just started going with us last year. we took Doc, Bonnie and my Kate pup.
and it was awesome.
they ran 3 rabbits for 4 hours and we took down 2 of them. I wanted to see just what they could do by themselves and gun over my pup In hopes of getting some fur in her mouth. Bonnie did ok but Kate and Doc
did it in grand style. I could of not ask for a better day.
Keith took the rabbits with his new gun. my uncle told me The apprintice That I have some fine hounds and he is proud of how far I have come as a houndsman. and for him to say that
means allot to me. because he don't say that unless he means it.
I am just so proud of my dogs I had to share.
we did have one funny episode. Kate jumped the second bunny of the day they took it up the field around the pond they was smoke'in his butt right back to us and uncle was standing behind me and he says you see him I said yep, I drew a bead on him here he comes closer and closer I close one eye settle in and CLICK I forgot to chamber a shell :oops: . LOL I was informed that I well never live that one down and by the time deer camp rolls around the whole clan well know about it.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Triple_S on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zander

Re: One i'll never forget

Post by zander »

Sounds like a great day. Congrats

maplehill

Post by maplehill »

Good deal Steve. Looks like you had a hell of a lot more fun than I did today at Tiff! LOL.
Todd Yates
Maple Hill Beagles
Poplar Bluff, MO

RIP LP RCH TY'S MAPLE HILL MIKEY
LP GRRCH TY'S MAPLE HILL MOJO "no longer own, but still claim the rabbit crazy sucker"

stavemillbeagles

Post by stavemillbeagles »

looks like a good time steve and way to go bonnie, doc, and kate
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Steve,

I am happy for you. That is a good day! That is what makes you go even on the bad days! Have safe trip going to get your pup from Laneline.
You are going pretty soon??

Cutemloose

Post by Cutemloose »

Oh come on now Triple S it wasnt that cold out this morning i was out in a fleece jacket freezing my arse off :biggrin: we got some today then quit you know to save some for seed :lol:

Congrats i went through your same feeling this morning the pup actually circled the rabbit and i shot one over him it was awesome
Last edited by Cutemloose on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Trackemdown- Missouri Rabbits Running For Their Lives

Triple_S

Post by Triple_S »

thanks gang.
dang dan them bunnys must make small circles up there
or they are super thick.
and congrats on your pup. i am really happy with mine.
we had one run that was an hour and 15 min. may have only went 15 if i would of rolled him when i had the chance.
i was not gona tell yall i missed one too....LOL
andl i am get'in old and have thin blood from the meds i take so it dont take much to get me cold.
altho i did really like the ear warmer thing. i copyed that from the stavemill crew. my ears were toatsty warm and i could hear well unlike you can with a hood or sockcap.
Last edited by Triple_S on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cutemloose

Post by Cutemloose »

Ol joey and me were kinda scouting so to speak during the off season joey knows all the good spots we just had to see if theyre were rabbits or not there again this year we knew it would be a good shoot today glad you got to get a good hunt down that way any swampers down there always wanted to kill me some swamp rabbits

Triple_S

Post by Triple_S »

I don't live that far south, i am about 25 miles south of festus.
and i would like to get a swamper myself. so i will be hitting up
some friends down there .

Done Gone Beagles

Post by Done Gone Beagles »

hey I'am jumping in here my runs was like yours this weeken long two two each day I was going swaper hunting but didn't make it I live 7 miles north of Hillsboro sounds like you live in Blommdale Bontare anyway you had a good day I think I did to took out 5 I have nine stay all togehter both days my one female hurt her leg today don't know how mine are m/f what are your Triple S oh yeah Dan you guys had good day as well

Triple_S

Post by Triple_S »

I live about 10 miles from Bonne terre. i run one male and 2 female. i have another pair of pups coming soon.
i will most likely stop taking the older female when all the pup's get going good.

Cutemloose

Post by Cutemloose »

hhhmmm sounds like a mo mafia hunt is in order i live in arnold and go down to bismark all the time my buddys uncle has some property down there i bet we could all get together and shoot some bunnies mike odie is a different dog than you saw he packs up like he is kenneled with joeys dogs

Triple_S

Post by Triple_S »

what is your buddys uncle's name? i might know of him.
i was thinking mikes dogs were a tad faster than mine.
Doc is a med speed. and kate is just a pup but runs ok with doc but will get faster.
how fast is your dogs dan?

Cutemloose

Post by Cutemloose »

my dog is slower than molasses in the winter lol you wouldnt know my buddys uncle he only goes down there on the weekends

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

great hunt triple s and nice story too. i enjoyed reading that
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels